Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion: turning off the UI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
Hello,

I'd really like the option to disable/turn off the UI when taking screenshots of the game. Some of the areas are very impressive and interesting to look at, but having the UI in all the screenshots takes away from them, imho.

In World of Warcraft you can press Alt-Z to disable the game's UI, so that when you get screens you only see the characters/world/etc. This is the sort of functionality I am speaking of.

I do apologize if this feature is already in the game, I've simply been unable to find a topic about it or figure out the command for it in game. So, if there is a way to do this already, please post that here. Thanks! :)

Administrator
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
CTRL-G will remove the UI elements on the screen until you press CTRL-G again.

Thanks. I was wondering how the players were able to get screen shots minus the game bars...

Could you also share the secrets to how the players made the screen shots with their characters facing the viewer? Or where the player's character wasn't even in the shot? Cause I was impressed by the shots taken by the players during the screenshot contests that had them 'facing the camera' so to speak.

I made some screen shots recently of my MB home...I now know how to remove the game stats with your help. But I'm still stuck with pictures of my character's backside in them and would love to fix that.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
CTRL-G will remove the UI elements on the screen until you press CTRL-G again.

Thanks. I was wondering how the players were able to get screen shots minus the game bars...

Could you also share the secrets to how the players made the screen shots with their characters facing the viewer? Or where the player's character wasn't even in the shot? Cause I was impressed by the shots taken by the players during the screenshot contests that had them 'facing the camera' so to speak.

I made some screen shots recently of my MB home...I now know how to remove the game stats with your help. But I'm still stuck with pictures of my character's backside in them and would love to fix that.

Did you know that if you hold down the left mouse button, you can rotate your wizard around to face you while moving the mouse?

How do you make your wizard disappear? Move your wizard face forward up against a wall or other structure which keeps them from moving forward. Now use the trick I mentioned above and when you rotate the screen, your picture will be wizard free. Hope this helps.

Julia SummerDreamer

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
PrincessLily wrote:

Did you know that if you hold down the left mouse button, you can rotate your wizard around to face you while moving the mouse?

How do you make your wizard disappear? Move your wizard face forward up against a wall or other structure which keeps them from moving forward. Now use the trick I mentioned above and when you rotate the screen, your picture will be wizard free. Hope this helps.

Julia SummerDreamer

No, sure didn't know that. I'm computer illiterate. :D

Thanks for the info. (((HUGZ)))