Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Jim925 wrote:
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............

Young Wizard, please read Mr Lincoln's message below about these transactions.

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.
from the way it sounds of it he was a grand fire playing at the arena and needed cards so he was there making some i would say he was mad maybe over not winning or something but the funny part is he only reported him self for saying things that he said ki reads your chat a hour be for and a hour after you was reported you did nothing wrong and you was the better play-person for not being mean back

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Magi58 wrote:
I think i may know him cause i may have been there with him at the time his name is Adrian Dragonriderand he just got muted for the third time. So its possibly him

She said that the character had a helephant pet, so it couldnt have been Adrian Dragonrider, he is ice. You need to have your facts straight before you mention names. That can hurt ppl too.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
sparkling42 wrote:
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.
aww i am so sorry that happened! i would have done the same thing
but maybe you should have reported him, though. i think that guy must have been really mean i am sorry that happened. i wish you better luck in the future! :D
hi i have bin reported and i did nothing so i no how you feel so i am sorry that you got reported too'' michelle redcatcher'' heather dawnwealder'' olivia night bane ''

Explorer
May 04, 2009
I understand this. Here's my story: I was on my death wizard. I walked in the fire tower and saw a fire wizard. I walked up to him and said a simple "Hello".

Then he reported me for not being a fire wizard while I was in the fire tower. Then he called me a foul word that starts with an 'f'.

I reported him and he reported me AGAIN.

He called me a noob and left the fire tower.
I was obliged to follow him so I could find him on my fire wizard.

Since I was upset at the fact that he called me a "noob". (By the way he was only level 10.)
I went on my fire wizard and found him again. Then he said, "Who the h*** are you?" Then I replied, "The 'noob'!" He got so angry he reported me AGAIN!

I feel sorry for you. I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else.

Historian
May 15, 2009
chrisbradley wrote:
I understand this. Here's my story: I was on my death wizard. I walked in the fire tower and saw a fire wizard. I walked up to him and said a simple "Hello".

Then he reported me for not being a fire wizard while I was in the fire tower. Then he called me a foul word that starts with an 'f'.

I reported him and he reported me AGAIN.

He called me a noob and left the fire tower.
I was obliged to follow him so I could find him on my fire wizard.

Since I was upset at the fact that he called me a "noob". (By the way he was only level 10.)
I went on my fire wizard and found him again. Then he said, "Who the h*** are you?" Then I replied, "The 'noob'!" He got so angry he reported me AGAIN!

I feel sorry for you. I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else.

never do that that can get you in trouble as well as him because while you did not curse or harass him you were egging him on which can also get you in trouble
so please try and refrain from doing that
i seen a lot of people get muted for doing that because its just starting another argument

and i know how you ppl feel i have been reported so many times for not accepting a friend ship or because i was a lower level but JUST IGNORE IT
if you have done or said nothing wrong KI will NOT take action against your account
as long as you act like the bigger person it will end in your favor
with the other muted ( possibly)
and you still happy

Explorer
May 22, 2009
unfortunatley, i might know this person. If he had a helephant pet and was wearing ds grand robes, i assume it was someone i know. I forget the name (will post later) but i do remeber when we went to the arena he was taunting a lower level. I hope its not him, or you that he was taunting! i feel really bad for you, i got reported for not healing someone one time :?

Chris Duskword Lvl 50 Sword Saint
Connor Dragonrider Lvl 32 Sword Saint

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Once in the arena a girl (do not remember the name yet i wasnt all to mad at her anyway) she was a death type wizard of a level a lot higher then mine. She MIGHT have called me a noob (again, do not remember) and also metioned that she will show me what a true death type is like. She beat me in about 2 hits or something. My tip when people call you that in battle is to accept the defeat say that you are going to work extra hard to become better. She was nicer once i said that :)

Survivor
May 31, 2009
He'll probably get reported anyways for false reporting so no need to worry and dont freak out when someone reports you for no reason, i'm sure it has happened to all of us at some point. Thats right, there are that many immature people in the spiral but thats why they invented the ignore button. Just click that when you get annoyed, and problems solved. And if someone comes too far and it makes you so angry you HAVE to learn to control it and just say Thanks :) when they say something mean to you. that way they arent expecting it and it makes them feel stupid about it. Dont worry,it might not seem like it makes them mad but oooh, it does. then just click ignore or report if you absolutely feel its necessery.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
sekots wrote:
Ok, one time I was on and I saw a level 3 in Unicorn Way. I said would you like to my friend and he said OFCOURSE. Then someone said "Don't be a friend with a noob!" I was really mad then he reported me. It said foul language. What the heck! I did nothing! I, at the time was a subscriber. I was going to report him when I thought that I would do a false report on a false report. :( :( :( :( :(So i went over to him and said " I DON'T CARE!" and he started to use foul language. I finally reported hem and he said it was a false report for what I did. I became a friend with the level 3 and then the bully walked up to him. After a minute the level 3 said "Why did you report me!" He said I was a noob too. I then reported him again. He used foul language again. I said one more time and i would report him again. He finally when away. Then the level 3 said that he would do anything for me. [Why a level 3] Oh well, i told you. Just talk about false reports here.

Ian Stormmask

Now i'm not saying this is right but it seems to me that at one point you reported him for saying noob (not sure if this is so because no offense but your post was rather difficult to understand). Noob, although not being a very nice word is a word that isn't filtered therefore is ok to use. Saying the word noob si not a reportable offense although it also says in your post that the person did use bad language and that is a reportable offense.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Some people report for no reason. I don't get it, it's soooo annoying! I've gotton reported for for saying no. People should be reported for a reason not for fun.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
you know what annoys me? are the wizards who stand around wanting boyfriends or girlfriends. forgive me if i'm wrong but this is a game not a dating site and last i checked you couldn't really type numbers out to give them your phone or IM id. so please tell me how they will date ? in game only? sounds a bit awkward. now i'm not ranting, but i also get very upset when people constently port to me and ask for help, i'm level 28 almost 29 and of ice house. my problem is that everwhere i turn people are adding me who i don't know, i only add people who i've been in battle with and that have helped me. no offence but i just seems like that would be the only time to add some one no? this guy today justin frostblade told me that i was rude for not porting to him when I MYSELF was in a boss battle.

-morgan frostblade
*i kill spiders to save the butterflies*

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I hate it when people pick on lower levels, but yesterday, lower levels picked on me. I was in triton avenue helping a friend and after i was done, I was going to go a few rounds with kraken, when I was going over there i saw a small group of people there. So i decide to be polite and say hi. Then one of them asked where i go to school at, I told him that wasnt his business, then the whole group started to get into my face and all, they were using foul language and all. I defended myself and when they left, I report one of them. They were about between level 10-20.And I was level 35 at the time.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
its ok, dont listen to them, they are just bullies who wants to make themselves feel better, i run into these problems a lot.

If they say something bad report them and ignore them.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Firefrog16 wrote:
I hate it when people pick on lower levels, but yesterday, lower levels picked on me. I was in triton avenue helping a friend and after i was done, I was going to go a few rounds with kraken, when I was going over there i saw a small group of people there. So i decide to be polite and say hi. Then one of them asked where i go to school at, I told him that wasnt his business, then the whole group started to get into my face and all, they were using foul language and all. I defended myself and when they left, I report one of them. They were about between level 10-20.And I was level 35 at the time.

i know how you feel but just ignore them unless theu cursing then report them
if they keep harassing you just place them on ignore AFTER you report them

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
dear jim925, there is a lesson on forum index, headmasters announcments read caveat emptor it is a lesson about what happened to you. it says remember how to never take candy from strangers? well its same in wizard101. they call it scamming, its when somebody says treasure cards for mount! obviously, do you think somebody who you dont regonize would give a lion that is like 30$ dollars in real. NO! they wont! if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isnt so dont accept the trade! caveat emptor is the best lesson to learn i love it! for kingsisle to show this to wizards!! thank you KI!

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
aww dark storm that happened to me too. i created a new death just for trying though i am level 40 life. so lalalalala i was going down unicorn way... then i saw a novice ice in battle who had text chat so i went in the battle and said ''Hi'' and guess what he just said? ''HELLO NOOB!!!'' then he said ''I HAVE A GRANDMASTER STORM HAHA NOOB WORTHLESS PERSON'' and i wasnt harsh to him at all i just said ''How are you?'' and then he started using foul language and then i report him then guess what? he reported me BACK! and then i just deleted the death character... now tell me which is more annoying... :x :x :x :x :x :x

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Firefrog16 wrote:

about the reporting part, i reported the guy because he said a real life threat, he said i have to watch my back cause he was gonna come and kill me, i didnt believe him cause he didnt know where i lived.

i know how you feel but just ignore them unless theu cursing then report them
if they keep harassing you just place them on ignore AFTER you report them

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Jakira1 wrote:
I need some help concerning reporting someone. Here is the situation: I am a mom of a seventeen year old (boy). I realize he is almost an adult but i am still not comfortable with another player who claims to be a college student (girl) in another country giving him her actual e-mail address. She then sent a few messages saying she loved him. At first he was flattered and liked talking to her on the game but after a long discussion he agrees the situation is not comfortable. Maybe I am being too protective but we have had a rather disgusting sex scandel here in our town and I have had the unpleasant discovery of finding that one of the defendents is my patient (I am a dental hygienist). Didn't have a clue! Seemed like a normal married guy. This is also part of what has influenced my son into being uncomfortable now. If mom can't even "see" these people face to face how is he supposed to "see" the bad guys online? So my dilema is this: What if it is really a kid saying they are older? This is a mistake that should be corrected but not banned from the site. What if it is a college kid? Again - bigger mistake and should have a consequence but maybe not banned. What if it is a greasy, old pervert. Then banning isn't enough! I want this site to be safe for everyone and love the safety features. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a "safety class" to teach kids what is ok or not. If someone from the site wants to talk to me about this issue please e-mail me - you have my address.

Thank you
Jakira

Yes I hear of supposed romances on the site,its crazy...My daughter was 12 when someone wanted to friend her which she didn't and started following her around making very adult and nasty suggestions, so thankfully she called me over to read the garbage and he was reported/put on ignore and she switched realms in record time! I hope the K I group got his IP address and banned him forever.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Yes there are immature fools are over the site, the ignore button is a great feature and so is porting to another realm if your able to...this takes the wind out of their sails when they get going on a rant and poof your gone!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I am a little confused, yes I read your whole post. Did he just blantly call you out, or where you spamming him to be friends with you? If you where spamming him to be friends with you just because he was a higher level, then, sorry to say, that is your faught, Things like spam, and all caps chat ticks off all hardcore MMORPG players to no end.

But if he down right just called you out, then he needs to grow up, and stop acting like his poo dose not stink, just because he is a higher level, then he is the one that needs to get a perma band.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I feel sorry for you but you got to just ignore it and move on. I have many experiences on being reported.

Once I was making a balance character after finishing my storm and he is now grand also, but anyways this was my first day on him, and this level 30 person came up and started saying some bad words and called noob and reported me. I so wanted to get on my storm and teach him a lesson but I decided that he wasn't worth it and said thanks! And ignored him.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
One time I was just sitting in the Arena and some guy kept sending me a group invite over and over again and then finally I pressed "No group invitations". Then he reported me for blocking a group invite. Well of course I reported him back for false reporting but still. False reporting really irritates me. So I feel your pain, seriously. :]

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
<blockquote>
<div>
<cite>ProfessorGreyrose wrote:</cite><blockquote>
<div>
<cite>Jim925 wrote:</cite>Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............</div>
</blockquote>
<br />
<br /> Young Wizard, please read Mr Lincoln's message below about these transactions.
<br />
<br /> <b>A Cautionary Tale </b>
<br /> Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.
<br />
<br /> Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.
<br />
<br /> <b>Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not.</b> They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.
<br />
<br /> Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.</div>
</blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /> I fully understand the concept of 'lesson learned' here, but you must understand that a large number of the scammed are very young players.
<br /> What they do best is trust, and certainly so when a higher leveled player is doing the scamming.
<br /> They are also new players for the most part getting scammed out of what little they have. They don't know about scamming because they're just learning the game.
<br /> I wonder how many lose their few items to a scammer, throw up hands and quit at that point.
<br />
<br /> Something DOES need to be done about this, as cheating in any form should be dealt with.
<br /> Running scams on other players should be at the top of the list.
<br />
<br /> I suggest tweaking the trade screen to disallow uneven trades. In other words, both players would have to put up things of equal value before the trade could go through. Stops the scam, stops the begging for free cards and items.
<br /> Gifting is a separate system, so it wouldn't affect it.
<br />
<br /> Another option would be to state this clearly on the log in screen. Big red letters and hard to miss - The Treasure Card / Mount Scam.
<br /> In fact, you have do dig through the website here to discover you can only gift a mount at purchase.
<br />
<br /> Optimal would be simply to ban these players outright. Do you really want these players on your game?
<br /> I don't want to share space with a cheater.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
when someone tries to offend me and say that i'm a noob, i say thank you for noticing and walk away