Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Housing even cooler (if its even possible.)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
dounut789 wrote:
Great ideas. I have some too.

A - What if, say you have a Fire House and a large MB House, or any combination of homes. And you like them both, and can't decide which to make the house your Go Home button leads to, you could link them together.

I see three ways this could happen.

A1 - Bridges. There have different types of bridges you could buy to connect them.

A1.1- Rainbows. Like the ones in GH or the Myth house. You buy one of three sizes, Small, Med, and Big. You don't get the bridge, but you get two (2) panels. You place one on the edge of the Fire House and one on the edge of the MB House, and watch a magic rainbow pull them close enough to be connected. You can buy Rainbow Platforms to float next to the Rainbow to put stuff on.

A1.2 - Wood Bridges. The kind you see in non-connected houses. Cheaper than Rainbows, can not have platforms, only come in Small and Med, and instead of panels, you put in wooden posts.

A2 - Port Panels. You know the ones on Triton Ave. The blue circles with the spiral pattern. Those also will come in packs of two.

A3 – Vehicles. You can buy these of any that you rode already. The vehicles are KT Boat, MB Flying Machines, and anything that might be in DS. (I am not there yet) These do the same thing they do in the worlds they come from, and you can skip the ride. You buy ports separately, except first one you buy gives you a second one. You place them anywhere you want, and if you have more than one port, it will show a simple map where the ports are glowing dots.

KT Boat – Brown
MB Machines – Green
Whatever is in DS (If there is one there, like I said, I am still on MS) –
Grey
Simple click on the one you choose. Also, the ports and vehicle must match. You cannot take a MB Machine to a KT Boat port.

B – Boot and Ban. Has this ever happened to you? You and a friend are at your house, and your friend’s friend ports to you friend. He/she says things, for example… “This house is bad.” Or “This is my house now.” And you ask him/her to leave. He/she won’t. You are so close to reporting him/her. Imagine the same scene, except there is a button above the decorate button. It has a picture of a foot kicking. You click it, and it shows a list of everyone in your house. Simply click a name, and it will say…

Are you sure you want to kick (Name you clicked on) out of you house? If you click YES it says…

Would you also like to ban (Name you clicked on) from your house until you log off?

If you click YES, he/she will be teleported out to where he/she teleported from, unless he/she was in a dungeon, in which case they will be teleported right outside the entrance.

Hope you like them.

Kyle Firefist

Great Idea!

The house booting has been implemented, although i don't think the ban has been, but the connecting has yet to happen. :( I think the connecting idea is awesome!) I thought of more connecting...things that could happen. One, since you didn't know about DS, is the flying drake that takes you to Malistaire's Lair. Another is a simple tunnel like used all over Wizard City, and also a door, like the spiral door, but when you use it, it teleports you to the other door in your other house. These doors could be placed anywhere in the two homes. Like them?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
xemaness wrote:
Some of your ideas are good butin my opinion the neighborhood and guard ideas are kind of pointless. Like the neighborhoos idea 1: whwere would KI put something like that? They would need to create so much more space for stuff like that. 2: How would you know which house is which.
The guard idea is really pointless. Say a high level person wants to come into your house, it is only a matter of time before they have defeated al of your guards and can come in. Instead of theat the should have a setting so only invited guests and only YOUR friends not people in your houses friends can come in. They can still port to your house/casttle just there is an metal gate that you cant port to a friend on the otherside. And have a button for anoying guests that you can just kick the out and they just get ported away.

Basically they would just make a list of everyone's houses and you could visit anyone of them but some are guarded or locked.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Deathskull, this is the thing that KI and the people (us) want to see. I like every idea of yours including the house connector idea by Donut. Take these idea's to the next level KI!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
I have another few ideas:

Idea One: Add expansions to your house, like a big wall with a gate and a key that only you can use. Then, you could put some kind of fortress (which can be gone into), and then you could buy more rooms for more fees.

Idea Two: Add the ability to just put some clothes on a wardrobe! Then, if you want to use it, click it, and it trades the clothing you originally wore, into your robe etc. you clicked.

Idea Three: You should be able to put posters around your house saying PARTY or something of that recreation.

Idea Four: You should have the choice to LET anyone, even people who don't know your friends, come to your house for such a party.

Idea Five: Your Mailbox SHOULD be able to buy items from the BAZAAR from your house.

Idea Six: You should be able to fight a creature in your house! (It would be an expansion to your house, the arcade would be built in to your house if purchased. Then, you could fight ANY monster you have all ready fought from your house.

Idea Seven: I think you should be able to set up a screenshot you have taken and put it on display, and even put your creative writing, and drawing up too.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
xemaness wrote:
Some of your ideas are good butin my opinion the neighborhood and guard ideas are kind of pointless. Like the neighborhoos idea 1: whwere would KI put something like that? They would need to create so much more space for stuff like that. 2: How would you know which house is which.
The guard idea is really pointless. Say a high level person wants to come into your house, it is only a matter of time before they have defeated al of your guards and can come in. Instead of theat the should have a setting so only invited guests and only YOUR friends not people in your houses friends can come in. They can still port to your house/casttle just there is an metal gate that you cant port to a friend on the otherside. And have a button for anoying guests that you can just kick the out and they just get ported away.

First of all, as for the settings idea, I covered that with my ClubPenguin house list. Guards are a more fun and interesting alternative to locking your house, if you don't want to keep people out indefinitely but just want to make them earn it.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
mman17 wrote:
I have another few ideas:

Idea One: Add expansions to your house, like a big wall with a gate and a key that only you can use. Then, you could put some kind of fortress (which can be gone into), and then you could buy more rooms for more fees.

Idea Two: Add the ability to just put some clothes on a wardrobe! Then, if you want to use it, click it, and it trades the clothing you originally wore, into your robe etc. you clicked.

Idea Three: You should be able to put posters around your house saying PARTY or something of that recreation.

Idea Four: You should have the choice to LET anyone, even people who don't know your friends, come to your house for such a party.

Idea Five: Your Mailbox SHOULD be able to buy items from the BAZAAR from your house.

Idea Six: You should be able to fight a creature in your house! (It would be an expansion to your house, the arcade would be built in to your house if purchased. Then, you could fight ANY monster you have all ready fought from your house.

Idea Seven: I think you should be able to set up a screenshot you have taken and put it on display, and even put your creative writing, and drawing up too.

Thats awesome! Some of them are similar to my ideas, but I especially like the Mailbox idea :D

Lets hope KI listens to us!

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Its Great to see fellow House Enthusiasts. I had the same idea for Guards but also some others

Trainers:
Sort of like a Nanny, but looks after your pets, can give all of your pets 1xp a day, or can be told to focus on one and give it 4xp a Day

Servants:
Butler: Can show people around the house and can be told to give the guards commands
Maid: Cleans up around the house
Crafter: makes crafting items for you, The Better he is at it the More he costs

I had some others but i cant seem to remember them

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
:DI like the house map idea. But don't you think it would be a little hard to write a map for the life house? I just wanted to mention that.

I LOVE the interactable furniture idea! You should be able to put the elixers (the ones from the crown shop) in cups and drink them. I also would like to be able to sit down. Thanks for bringing this up! :D

Abigail Spiritrider

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
yoda60 wrote:
Its Great to see fellow House Enthusiasts. I had the same idea for Guards but also some others

Trainers:
Sort of like a Nanny, but looks after your pets, can give all of your pets 1xp a day, or can be told to focus on one and give it 4xp a Day

Servants:
Butler: Can show people around the house and can be told to give the guards commands
Maid: Cleans up around the house
Crafter: makes crafting items for you, The Better he is at it the More he costs

I had some others but i cant seem to remember them

Thats pretty cool!

Few things:

1) Love the Trainer Idea, I would totally go for that, what with all the pets I want to train at once
2) Butler- pretty cool, but i think that it would need to be mainly for show, unless some of my previous ideas about interactive furniture were implemented
3) Maid-Same thing as Butler, doesn't have a purpose, unless having a house becomes a more in-depth experience
4) Crafter- Awesome! I would go for this too. One alteration, if I may: You may have already been thinking of this, but when you go out into the Spiral, you should be able to put craftable items on a "Wish List", then go home and give them to your crafter, who would make the item after a certain amount of time with a cooldown (specific times for these elements would be determined by rarity/largeness/expensiveness of item, and the level of the crafter. The Crafter should also charge by item, depending on the variables I just mentioned.
Great Ideas! Keep thinking of more and posting them here to keep this thread alive!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I like the house guards idea! I think that you should choose it then it will tell you more about it. Like say you think you found a guard you like, then you hit a "preview" button and then it take you to a menu with more information:

Name: Nina
School: Balance
Level: 16
Favorite Spells (spells the it would use the most): Locust Swarm, Black Mantle.
Best Friend (Guard it works well with): Rocky
Worst Enemy (Guard that it works horribly with): Kyle
Then you could choose to hire it or not to hire it.

Jasmine StormBlood
Lv. 16 JourneyMan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance is not the best nor the worst. Because all schools are equally powerful.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
I had the same idea with neighborhoods.Also great ideas!