Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing Mount Colors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
Over at Wizard 101 Central, there has been a major discovery: Changing the colors of your mount. It is unknown whether this is a bug, or if it was intended to be possible, but a bug made you have to "cheat" to do it. What you have to do is go to any outfit in the crowns shop and change its colors. Depending on how you change its colors change's the mounts colors. So then, if you go to buy a mount, it is a different color. Everyone loves this feature, including myself. There is just one major flaw: The "Royal Lioness" Mount can be changed to look EXACTLY like the Bengal Tiger. The problem there is, if someone wants the Bengal Tiger, they can just buy the much cheaper Royal Lioness in different colors.

I really love this feature, and I really love the alternate colors, so I do not want them taken. However, this bug could lose KI money, so they may want to take it out.

I think the best solution would be to leave it in, but change the alternate outfits for the Royal Lioness and the Bengal Tiger. Perhaps keep the panther and cheetah outfits on the Lioness and put the Whit Tiger outfit on the Bengal Tiger.

Another problem is that when gifting them in new colors, they kinda bug and you can't see the color change. I don't understand it.

Anyway, please help KI. I really hope you can keep them in. If you do, I'll definitely buy a black Royal Lioness instead of a Black Stallion. :-D

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I love the different colors as well. I didn't realize that you could change them with the clothes, but I would rather have it actually be one of the choices when you buy the mount. It would be cool if it were set up like when you buy a pet dragon and you chose it's colors. Maybe, when you rent a mount you just get what is available, no color choice. Then, allow a color choice if you buy a permanent one. Kind like if you rent a car, you don't chose the color, but if you buy a car you can.

I also found a cool mount coloring with my life wizard. I didn't change his clothes, but just went in to rent a mount in the crown shop. I was going to borrow a proud lion, the male with the mane, and it showed up in the preview window in the new colors. He looks really cool as a bangle tiger with a silver mane.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
I like it, too, and I don't want them to remove it. I really hope KingsIsle considers my suggestion!