Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

**Important** Changes to Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
This is still a pain. I have a wizard that was crafting at a lower level and then the change was made. However at the new level it did not acknowledge the items made and I had to make another. The crafting is more trouble than it is worth. IMHO, it should be removed and save everyone the bother.

Administrator
When we lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, it caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

The solution for those with a goal with a 2 or more already made out of 2 required, is to craft one more item after the update. This will updated the quest log and push the goal forward.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
That's a very good question, and we have the answer!

Since we have lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, and this has caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

The solution for those with a goal with a 2 or more already made out of 2 required, is to craft one more item. This will updated the quest log and push the goal forward.

QueenLorana wrote:
For those of us that already have the quest and are working on it, will our required number still change?

Unfortunately this fix it did not fix it for me. I had 2 constellation jewels, and 3 stingers of scorpion in my backpack (all crafted), I got stuck. After reading this message I made one more constellation jewel, and I'm still stuck. I am really frustrated at this point. I've already sent an email to Wizard 101 help, and we'll see if there's any new suggestions.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I am working on the 2 stinger of scorpion mission.
I guess I had already made 3 since you fixed it, because it says I have 3 out of 2, and I have 2 in my backpack but it won't let me complete the mission!!

Help!!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Before the upgrade, I had four Stingers of the Scorpion, and no Constellation Jewels. I was fed up running around trying to collect scrap iron and had given up on crafting. Upgrade happens, and I am newly inspired to become an Initiate Crafter. I run around and get some scrap iron, and make two CJ's.

Run over to Felicia Worthington (still prancing around and primping) and her question mark is grayed out. I ask her anyway; she says I only need to give her 2 SOTS and 2 CJ. Easy peasy!

I definitely have the items in my backpack, but not so easy peasy. I sell the two extra SOTS to the merchant in Unicorn Way, thinking that Felicia is a bit arithmetic-challenged. Maybe she is particular. Maybe she wants me to have EXACTLY 2 of each. No, that it isn't it. Easy peasy, she is still saying.

So, okay boys. How do I satisfy Felicia, complete the quest, and become an Initiate Crafter?

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009

Hi. I am glad that you guys heard our cries in crafting. However, i went to one of the recipe vendor in marleybone. named felicia worthinhton. i purchased the transmute recipe that changes ores to diamonds. i went to do my crafting and see if i could find the recipe. i could not see it along with others i purchased; in my backpack under reagents\Recipes. Please help me. I'm still stuck on a recipe that requires diamonds. I went also to purchase the recipe again and it wasn't available to me either.

EmmaDreamHeart> Grandmaster Theaumathurge

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I am glad that you guys heard our cries in crafting. However, i went to one of the recipe vendor in marleybone. named felicia worthinhton. i purchased the transmute recipe that changes ores to diamonds. i went to do my crafting and see if i could find the recipe. i could not see it along with others i purchased; in my backpack under reagents\Recipes. Please help me. I'm still stuck on a recipe that requires diamonds. I went also to purchase the recipe again and it wasn't available to me either.

Are you looking under card recipes not equipment or housing. I almost missed it myself. When you buy a transmutation recipe it is where your card recipes are.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Thanks so much for hearing the pleas. The transmutation recipes don't quite make crafting quicker but it does tend to reduce excessive trips to sell ore, black lotus and mandrake. With transmutation recipes you are guarenteed to get 1 rare for every 15 harvest reagents. My GM is finally a Master Craftsman. The big thing is that all those black lotus that people accused me of pouching did not go to waste but turned into the black pearl that i needed. Still requires alot of running around. One more question though. Every other world except DS has the material on that world. WHY does DS require you to go back to other worlds where you have no purpose other then to get reagents. Please put DS crafting on DS so that you can do crafting with your other quests and not stop just to do crafting reagents. I would also like to echo the thaughts about Master crafting gear be comparable with zeke's gear or even Malistaire's. We did alot to get this title give us something that we can be proud to wear after we earn the title. It isn't like the master craft items are give aways we still have to manufacture the items and most of us that have earned master craftsman have probably beaten Malistaire a few times already to get his coat.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
One thing I have seen asked many times, but have never seen an official answer from admin is: "Why do some of the general recipes require treasure cards?" A more specific example would be the carousel which requires 8 Earthquake treasure cards. My grandmaster is a pyromancer, and I discovered that I cannot craft the cards needed for this recipe since they are from the myth school. It is too high of a level to be sold in the card shops, and I have yet to see it in the bazaar. I really don't want to be one of those people running around the commons begging for treasure cards, but how else am I going to be able to craft the carousel? I spent all that time finishing the crafting quests just so I could make some really cool items for my house. I should be able to gather the reagents or craft them myself to make this item, especially if I am going to spend 40,000 gold on the recipe. The carousel is not the only item like this, so I really think something needs to be done about the situation. What is the point in being a Master Artisan if I can't make all the general recipes on my own?

Can we please get some kind of acknowledgement from K.I. that they have heard the many people who have already spoken up about this?

If you want to keep the availability of the treasure card recipes for only students of the card's school, that is fine. I can understand the use of treasure cards being used in the recipes for school specific items, but not items that every wizard can use (housing items and non-school specific items).

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Dresen 15, I would like to Echo your statements. KI there are more of us saying the same thing Dresen and I are two that have said it here.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
After a bit of break, I came back to my charactor just to finish her crafting quests and I was really happy to see the new changes to the amount of items required. It took me forever to create the 2 rings I have and I sure didn't look forward to having to find more diamonds. Problem is he won't accept the rings I have. I don't understand why this wasn't fixed before it got put on production realm. I am going to have to waste my gold buying regeants that have to be bought, and looking for items to make a 3rd ring, using the stuff I found before I turned it in and THOUGHT. I could use on something else, and then I will be stuck with one of them unless I sell it, and I know without even looking that I am going to get practically nothing for it. I won't even get back the cost of the items I used to make it.

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
That's a very good question, and we have the answer!

Since we have lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, and this has caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

The solution for those with a goal with a 2 or more already made out of 2 required, is to craft one more item. This will updated the quest log and push the goal forward.

QueenLorana wrote:
For those of us that already have the quest and are working on it, will our required number still change?

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I feel stupid but where and when can I buy these transmutation recipies? I checked out some recipe sellers, but they don't seem to have the recipe...

I'm lvl 30, so do I need to wait? I really have no clue...

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Jodelien wrote:
I feel stupid but where and when can I buy these transmutation recipies? I checked out some recipe sellers, but they don't seem to have the recipe...

I'm lvl 30, so do I need to wait? I really have no clue...

The characters you get your crafting quests from, sell the transmutation spells. You have to click the icon at the top right hand corner, to the card icon. The card icon will list which regent transmutation spells they sell, depending on which world they're located in.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I'm having trouble with the crafting for Marleybone: the crafting instructor does not acknowledge that I have the 2 stinger of scorpian that are required, not only that, but on my Quest page it only has the rings as being part of the quest, the stinger of scorpian anthams are no longer part of the quest, but she wants them. Any suggestions>

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Is Felicia Worthington in MB the recipe vendor who seel the transmutation recipes? I can see that she offers various equipment and furniture but when I go where treasure cards should be, there are no recipes. Insights? Thanks.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mackie818 wrote:
I'm having trouble with the crafting for Marleybone: the crafting instructor does not acknowledge that I have the 2 stinger of scorpian that are required, not only that, but on my Quest page it only has the rings as being part of the quest, the stinger of scorpian anthams are no longer part of the quest, but she wants them. Any suggestions>

You need to go to her after you have crafted both two rings and two 'Stingers'...all four are part of the quest. Two of each...and make sure you have them in your pack.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
mackie818 wrote:

You need to go to her after you have crafted both two rings and two 'Stingers'...all four are part of the quest. Two of each...and make sure you have them in your pack.

I have 2 of each of the stingers of scorpion and 2 of the constellation rings. On my quest page for these items, it no longer asks for the stinger of scorpions, only the rings, so I guess Felicia doesn't recognize I have them.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Players can craft and trade Treasure Cards only. This menu chat sentence does need to clarify that, thank you.

Why can we not craft other items for players.

I can understand equipment that might be unbalancing if given away.

But furniture and household items should be able to be crafted for friends.

If you set the game so if you are grouped with someone in their home and use their craft station the item if given to them.

This would prevent players from giving 'unwanted' gifts (since they have to be grouped with and in the home of the person they are gifting)

Another nice thing would be to be able to trade reagents. I have tons of treasure cards, some of which are used in crafting. It would be nice to have a use for those, trading them to other plaers (who don't want to craft) in return for reagents.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Administrator
Players can only trade Treasure Cards with other players.

The Bazaar is the best way to find items from around the Spiral, and the best deal for selling items you no longer want.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The following changes are now LIVE!

Transmutation Crafting
We heard the cries of many Crafters, and have introduced Transmutation recipes. Transmutation recipes, which are sold by the crafting quest giver character in each world, convert common reagents into rare reagents.

For example, one transmutation recipe takes ore and makes diamonds.

Decreased Requirements
We've listened to our players, and dropped the crafted item requirements on a few of the Crafting Quests:

Wul'yam will only require 2 Rings of Insight instead of five
Wul'yam will only require 2 Poinards of Gallantry instead of five
Felicia Worthington will only require 2 Stingers of the Scorpion and 2 Constellation Jewels, instead of five
Toshio will only require 2 Seals of the Seraphim and 2 Possibility Dirks instead of five
Balthazar Dragonthorn will only require:
2 Rings of Apotheosis
2 Grimblaze Vestments
2 Thunderchill Cloaks
2 Raintree Uniforms
2 Bright Surcoats
2 Flamesoul Cloaks
2 Duskwind Tunics
2 cloaks of Weighty Grief
2 Crimson Book Stands

These changes may be implemented in the Live Realm based on how they perform on the Test Realm.

We encourage your feedback on these changes within this thread.

PLEASE NOTE - Since we have lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, and this has caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

The solution for those with a goal with a 2 or more already made out of 2 required, is to craft one more item. This will updated the quest log

and push the goal forward.

This is great, but more is needed. 15:1 is still a high ratio. People are still realm hopping for reagents, particularly black lotus and scrap iron. I think the game would be more enjoyable if you put a higher threshold on realm changing than the current 60 seconds and tweak the ratio down a bit. Otherwise, we're spending a huge amount of our game time to craft an item that requires, say 8 black pearls.

It should not be necessary to be up at 4 am just to obtain reagents.

I would consider testing the effect of reducing the ratio to 10:1 and making it harder to swap realms.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Hello, this is my first time looking to the message board for help. My wife and i both finshed the quest for Felicia Worthington after the changes where made, and still when we go to her she has a gray mark above her head and says she has a badge for us when we complete the task. We have all the items made. What do we nned to do to move on?

Administrator
Young Wizards, make sure you have the items you crafted for her in your backpack when you visit her. If they're not there, check your bank or you may have sold or trashed them.
If you left them in your bank, put them in your Backpack and revisit her.
If you sold or trashed them, you'll have to make replacements before she'll recognize that you've finished the quest.

Hope this helps and if you still can't progress, don't hesitate to contact Mr Lincoln, he can look at the quest and see what's going wrong.
You can email him directly at support@wizard101.com

brokenlizard75 wrote:
Hello, this is my first time looking to the message board for help. My wife and i both finshed the quest for Felicia Worthington after the changes where made, and still when we go to her she has a gray mark above her head and says she has a badge for us when we complete the task. We have all the items made. What do we nned to do to move on?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
How do you even transmute them?

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you crafted the item and you accidentally sold or trashed them, go to the bazaar and buy them back!

Like Gamma said, they items need to be in your backpack when you revisit the crafting quest giver.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The following changes are now LIVE!

Transmutation Crafting
We heard the cries of many Crafters, and have introduced Transmutation recipes. Transmutation recipes, which are sold by the crafting quest giver character in each world, convert common reagents into rare reagents.

For example, one transmutation recipe takes ore and makes diamonds.

Decreased Requirements
We've listened to our players, and dropped the crafted item requirements on a few of the Crafting Quests:

Wul'yam will only require 2 Rings of Insight instead of five
Wul'yam will only require 2 Poinards of Gallantry instead of five
Felicia Worthington will only require 2 Stingers of the Scorpion and 2 Constellation Jewels, instead of five
Toshio will only require 2 Seals of the Seraphim and 2 Possibility Dirks instead of five
Balthazar Dragonthorn will only require:
2 Rings of Apotheosis
2 Grimblaze Vestments
2 Thunderchill Cloaks
2 Raintree Uniforms
2 Bright Surcoats
2 Flamesoul Cloaks
2 Duskwind Tunics
2 cloaks of Weighty Grief
2 Crimson Book Stands

These changes may be implemented in the Live Realm based on how they perform on the Test Realm.

We encourage your feedback on these changes within this thread.

PLEASE NOTE - Since we have lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, and this has caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

I am having a problem finding the vial bottles...anyone can help????
am level 25 and still cannot wear any clothes of that level...whats up with that???
thanks....jasminefairybreath....