Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

**Important** Changes to Crafting

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following changes are now LIVE!

Transmutation Crafting
We heard the cries of many Crafters, and have introduced Transmutation recipes. Transmutation recipes, which are sold by the crafting quest giver character in each world, convert common reagents into rare reagents.

For example, one transmutation recipe takes ore and makes diamonds.

Decreased Requirements
We've listened to our players, and dropped the crafted item requirements on a few of the Crafting Quests:

Wul'yam will only require 2 Rings of Insight instead of five
Wul'yam will only require 2 Poinards of Gallantry instead of five
Felicia Worthington will only require 2 Stingers of the Scorpion and 2 Constellation Jewels, instead of five
Toshio will only require 2 Seals of the Seraphim and 2 Possibility Dirks instead of five
Balthazar Dragonthorn will only require:
2 Rings of Apotheosis
2 Grimblaze Vestments
2 Thunderchill Cloaks
2 Raintree Uniforms
2 Bright Surcoats
2 Flamesoul Cloaks
2 Duskwind Tunics
2 cloaks of Weighty Grief
2 Crimson Book Stands

These changes may be implemented in the Live Realm based on how they perform on the Test Realm.

We encourage your feedback on these changes within this thread.

PLEASE NOTE - Since we have lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, and this has caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

The solution for those with a goal with a 2 or more already made out of 2 required, is to craft one more item. This will updated the quest log and push the goal forward.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
I think these are all great ideas and I look forward to these upcoming changes. :D

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
For those of us that already have the quest and are working on it, will our required number still change?

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I can hardly wait for the changes. At last my Life Grandmaster will be able to complete the crafting quest in my lifetime :) LOL

I'm so glad they KI is listening to the player and making changes. Just tell us PLEASE when you are making them to the actual game.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Moria Lifebringer - Grandmaster Theurgist
Moria Dragonblood - Master Necromancer
Moria Firemancer - Journeyman Pyromancer

Defender
May 30, 2009
I think it is a wonderful idea to not only reduce the amount of items needed to be crafted for a particular quest but to also make more available those "rare" reagents that are needed. I have finished the entire game with the excption of the crafting and I am having the HARDEST time trying to get some of these items. Scrap iron was one of the worst so far and because you have to have SO MANY of the things, I literally spents DAYS in the bazaar waiting on someone to sell what they didn't want. (yes I know I can find this in Marley Bone but I have alot of difficulties loading and playing in that area for some reason) I also got to test out the new mounts in the test realm and I'm totally excited about them. My kids and I can't wait till all of this goes live. Keep up the great work!

Angela Ravensong Grandmaster Sorcerer
Angela Spiritwalker Grandmaster Conjurer

Administrator
Just wanted to add this as well:

We've also increased the number of reagents that young Wizards can carry. Each item has a maximum of 999 reagents, and your overall total has been removed completely, meaning you can carry 999 of every single type of reagent available.

This will NOT slow down your transition between areas but it will however greatly increase the time it will take you to sell Reagents at the Bazaar. We are aware of this issue, and working out ways to address it.

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You might want to consider a reagent reseller who buys/sells away from the bazzar. This wouold have two effects:
1) Bazzar less crowded
2) You could set up reagent selling by bulk, something you don't want at the bazzar.

In fact, the house you have the crafter/seller duo (WC) in front of in could be used, moving the seller inside. He could still sell the basics, and resell all the others.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Right now as far as I know all the reagent vendors have the buy/sell option tabs. They are standing next to the recipe vendor who gives you the crafting quests. Sometimes the prices he pays for reagents is better than what the bazaar offers, especially if you have lots to get rid of.

My question is why do the vendors and Elik quote you one price but pay one gold less? I don't remember what I was selling back (ore, blocks, or cat tail) but the price said 4 gold and each time I clicked the sell button I only got 3 gold.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Hero
May 27, 2009
As long as the transmutation recipes require the Crafting experience level of the world in which they are available, I think that this is a great idea. However, if lower level wizards are able to hitch rides to higher worlds and obtain the recipes early, that would not be fair to those of us who had to find the actual reagents for the quests.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
QueenLorana wrote:
For those of us that already have the quest and are working on it, will our required number still change?

I think it depends upon how far you have gotten. I was on the last leg of the Master Crafter quest (having crafted 0 of 5 pieces of furniture), and in the test realm it shows 0 of 2. So I will have to produce at least 2 more items, in addition to the 10 I've already produced.

I'm tempted to progress in the quest anyway (partially for the "bragging rights", and partially to help test the test realm), but I am at the mercy of Black Pearls and Blood Moss.

I think there is one thing to clarify. I think the Master Quest does not require you to craft an adept cloak from every school -- only the adept cloak of your own school. So, new crafters to craft 6 items instead of the 15 that early craft masters had to.

Administrator
That's a very good question, and we have the answer!

Since we have lowered the number of items needed to complete some crafting quests, and this has caused some people to be “stuck” on the crafting goal.

The solution for those with a goal with a 2 or more already made out of 2 required, is to craft one more item. This will updated the quest log and push the goal forward.

QueenLorana wrote:

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Lily1358 wrote:
I think there is one thing to clarify. I think the Master Quest does not require you to craft an adept cloak from every school -- only the adept cloak of your own school. So, new crafters to craft 6 items instead of the 15 that early craft masters had to.

I sure hope that's the case. But if it's making 2 of each school? Ewwww!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I think it is a great idea. I'm just going to wait. Having a hard time find scrap iron. :D

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose, I think the transmutation recipes are a great idea. People still have to work towards collecting reagents and can be rewarded for their hard work by being able to mutate these into rare reagents needed for crafting quests, HOWEVER...if this new feature is going to be adopted, then I do find fault with reducing the amount of items required. I worked hard for my crafting quests and if it's going to be easier to obtain/make the ingredients, then why reduce the amount of each item required? Again, there goes the challenge and pride in completing these quests.....please pick ONE change for crafting, the transmutation recipes or reducing the number of items required, changing both seems excessive to me. Hopefully this will be considered carefully and Thanks for listening!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
After spending spending many hours, just trying to get diamonds, of which I got 4. This change is great and over due. Can not wait for the change, I was ready to give up.

I believe both changes are needed, sorry for those that had the time in their days to do all and managed to collect the current requirements. But, most people can't spend that much time in game for what is currently required. They will quit and move on to other things (or games) long before the current requirements can be met.

With being able to tranform one type of regeants into another will still require people to hunt regeants, just not to have to be lucky enough to get the very occational rare one. Great change.

It will also discourage the use of scripts to collect regeants, which I have witnessed.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I have an idea that will hopefully sound like a better idea to you.
First off, I think we should have both of them. Secondly, I think that the wait time should be shorter because when you have to wait 12 hours i'm dont usually get to be on within 12 hours. I would be ok with 5 hours at the most. Thanks for listening and i hope this sounds good.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I have enjoyed being a part of the testing realm, but would love to see some of it placed onto the live Wizard101 realm. So far I have had no problems with crafting quests on the testing realm. Due to the testing realms I have enjoyed a lot of things and the crafting has been one big part of that, so if this helps to bring the changes about a little sooner. I would like it a lot.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
I think these are outstanding changes! Thanks so very much! Looking forward to when all the exciting changes go live.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Just wanted to add this as well:

We've also increased the number of reagents that young Wizards can carry. Each item has a maximum of 999 reagents, and your overall total has been removed completely, meaning you can carry 999 of every single type of reagent available.

This will NOT slow down your transition between areas but it will however greatly increase the time it will take you to sell Reagents at the Bazaar. We are aware of this issue, and working out ways to address it.

Just a thought, but perhaps you could create a way for us to sell anything from 1 to 999 at a time. Giving us a choice on how many to sell at once, like if we have 97 black lotus plants we could sell off all 97 at one time or enter a number like 47 or whatever hit the sell button and we would be done. Just a thought I hope it helps with your idea's and plans for wizard101.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
The Rings of Insight and Poinards of Gallantry only require three not five. I can understand the reduction to two though and totally suppirt it. The requirement of so many diamonds though seems excessive in the master artisan quests. On the Test Realm, crafting now is much better.

Could you have the Player Crafted gear be better than the Zeke available or drop gear for that level. I have sold so much gear because the stats were not as good as the 35th level Zeke gear for my 50th level Grandmaster Diviner.

Charles TitanBreaker

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Cracky wrote:
I think these are all great ideas and I look forward to these upcoming changes. :D

I think there is a bug with regent drops. I was farming ore for diamonds I had fifty one ore and ten diamonds on logging off last night and same of each logging in tonight... after collectiong lots of ore and around three diamonds might have been for after four hours of work i was logging out to go play on test with a friend... i checked my regents like i always do before i log out and found that i had the dame number of ore and diamonds that i had when i logged in. what i collected all night did not register into my regents bag. I tried to find a place to turn bug in but cound not find anything but a questions to ask place. so i do not know how else to turn in a buf and am doing it here. thank you.
Scarlet MoonRiver (Grand Master Life wizard)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
QueenLorana wrote:

Yes i have seen it on the test realm it thankfully will

Survivor
May 12, 2009
There is a crafting question that was never answered in Test Server and now needs to be answered in Live Server:

In the Menu Chat pull-down, there is new Crafting Tab with following sub-tab:

Can I > craft something for you?

Is there now, or will there ever be, a way to craft items for other people?
Lots of people have admired the crafted items I have placed in my home. I often have to disappoint them when I tell them I can't trade or make those items for them. I think it comes down to the most basic question of Crafting: "What is the purpose of crafting in this game"?

Can KI please clarify what the new crafting tab is supposed to mean?
-Robert Lightbringer (Master Artisan)

Administrator
Players can craft and trade Treasure Cards only. This menu chat sentence does need to clarify that, thank you.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Thank you for making that clear. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer before we can make, or "gift", a crafted item for someone else.