Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MOUNTS- what do you think

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 10, 2009
Most people probably of the new addition to W101, mounts, these 'mounts' alow you to have a certain increase in speed by riding on their back. these mounts come in the forms of dragons, hoarses, and brooms.they can be rented for a nuber of days are baught forever with gold or crowns. sounds good right? since i play this game and am a subscriber, i no how this stuff works. so my guess is it will take maybe $30 in crowns to buy them(same as storm hound) or way more. as for gold,it could probably cost more than a house... or WAY more.
Now i'm going to stop being a critic .for now i'm happy they even let you buy with gold! plus it is a good idea. It would be fun to see people riding on dragons in the commons or flying on broomsticks in olde town. just hoping i, a nothing special, average, almost never buying crowns, player can enjoy this too.
So, what do you think? are you happy or sceptical? which mount are you planing on buying? TELL ME! I MUST KNOW!

p.s. i plan on buying the broom or dragon which ever i can get first

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I haven't joined the test realm, even though I'm a suscriber, because I personally don't want to risk losing anything my characters have right now, from the switch. And that was a warning issued to those considering it, as the character you use in-game isn't 'quite' the character you'd use in the test realm. So some loss may occure between the switching. And I really want to make sure I got what I have, for actual purchase once they are available to the public, since those realms aren't interchangeable. LOL!

I personally think the cost will depend a lot will on the 'rarety' of the mount, similar to what the costs are for certain pets in-game.

Which means brooms and horses are more then likely on the lower end of cost, while cats and dragons are on the higher end. Then depending on the specific hatch (like exotics or special additions) or if there's any bonuses given with the crown mounts (such as cards) like with the crown pets, then those prices will be reflected accordingly.

The question on most players minds is, will there now be implimented special mounts dropped by certain bosses? Or will there be special promotional codes be offered for those purchasing gift cards from the stores or game magazine?

That is of just as much intrest as to what will be available and how much specific mounts will cost, in my opinion. LOL!

Now if we could only hear more about the future release of the new houses that KI is working on...The interview posted awhile back didn't give much of a sneek preview there and I'm wanting to start saving for the appropriate School Element housing they were talking about there. LOL!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I tried the horse on the Test Realm and had fun during the ride. I think someone who rides, or studied riding did the work as it has the real life riding feel.

You ride into combat, shift to on foot, then combat ends, you mount up again, all automatically. The system seems like it works well.

As to choices, I think most will be happy with the selection, and styles. Easy to use. Though maybe we actually run a bit too fast ;) and will need to get use to things.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
At first I didn't think I would like them. I thought it would make the game crowded. After riding the dragon, I feel head over heals. I can't wait until they go live. Not only do they make you go faster, but the ease of riding them is spectular. I orginally thought that they would be arkward, but surprisingly they are not. I think KI did a fantastic job on this one.

Now if they would only do something about the teleporting. I would be a most happy customer.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
zoromon42 wrote:
Most people probably of the new addition to W101, mounts, these 'mounts' alow you to have a certain increase in speed by riding on their back. these mounts come in the forms of dragons, hoarses, and brooms.they can be rented for a nuber of days are baught forever with gold or crowns. sounds good right? since i play this game and am a subscriber, i no how this stuff works. so my guess is it will take maybe $30 in crowns to buy them(same as storm hound) or way more. as for gold,it could probably cost more than a house... or WAY more.
Now i'm going to stop being a critic .for now i'm happy they even let you buy with gold! plus it is a good idea. It would be fun to see people riding on dragons in the commons or flying on broomsticks in olde town. just hoping i, a nothing special, average, almost never buying crowns, player can enjoy this too.
So, what do you think? are you happy or sceptical? which mount are you planing on buying? TELL ME! I MUST KNOW!

p.s. i plan on buying the broom or dragon which ever i can get first

to buy with gold it takes like 70,000 coins

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
ok i like the mounts ( mostly the dragon ) and its all great! but when you go in to buildings and then go out, the mount dose not go back atomaticly like it dose with battels. its a great idea dont get me rong but maby KI could look into that.

Amanda OwlRider Level 31 Life/Balance wizard

Survivor
May 20, 2009
I would probably have decided on the dragon... But it seems every holiday I just spend every cent I have.

I am an initiate necromancer!!! BD

Survivor
May 20, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
I haven't joined the test realm, even though I'm a suscriber, because I personally don't want to risk losing anything my characters have right now, from the switch. And that was a warning issued to those considering it, as the character you use in-game isn't 'quite' the character you'd use in the test realm. So some loss may occure between the switching. And I really want to make sure I got what I have, for actual purchase once they are available to the public, since those realms aren't interchangeable. LOL!

I personally think the cost will depend a lot will on the 'rarety' of the mount, similar to what the costs are for certain pets in-game.

Which means brooms and horses are more then likely on the lower end of cost, while cats and dragons are on the higher end. Then depending on the specific hatch (like exotics or special additions) or if there's any bonuses given with the crown mounts (such as cards) like with the crown pets, then those prices will be reflected accordingly.

The question on most players minds is, will there now be implimented special mounts dropped by certain bosses? Or will there be special promotional codes be offered for those purchasing gift cards from the stores or game magazine?

That is of just as much intrest as to what will be available and how much specific mounts will cost, in my opinion. LOL!

Now if we could only hear more about the future release of the new houses that KI is working on...The interview posted awhile back didn't give much of a sneek preview there and I'm wanting to start saving for the appropriate School Element housing they were talking about there. LOL!

If you want to go on the test realm without the risk of losing anything- make a new guy!!! And if you're really cautious... make a new account!!!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
hello, i'm maria darkblood, i've never posted before but i am SO exited i wonder how it'll look on a daragon lol i hope they have black cats, to be honest the blach hourse doesnt look that scary srsly, i am death so my first choice prob wont be that, but i hope they have black cats!, lol i wonder if it shows your pet like a little dragon and a big one or a unicorn and a hourse! hope everyone is happy as me!

maria darkblood lvl 50 TTYL!