Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Curseing around Filter

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Ok this has been going on for some time now. Since the filter cuts curse words people have been going around it useing words like Pass, Bench and other things. Now I know these are common words. But when used in a context to downgrade someone and such it is still curseing and against the rules.

I put it out here to players now and to KI people who got out of their Way to go around the Curse filter just to prove they have such a low IQ should be perma Banned.

Other games have gotten to where they do this and since we have so many kids running around here in this game with open chat now so should KI.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Good luck on getting THAT done. KingsIsle refuses to take many actions against these things stating that they are not responsible for "proper" grammar and that we should use the report button ONLY for offenses within the game. As of yet I have yet to see an employee of KI in any aspect or area of the game and have repeatedly seen the same people constantly using the "work-around" text. KI is in no way responsible for our kids, WE are and then of course, not all parents monitor their children so the problem persist even further. Yes the kids all have access to the chat features on their accounts as most handle their own accounts and the parents do nothing but pay the subscription. This is why there are so many problems within the commons of all worlds as the "children" are allowed to run amok.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
They seem to have certain phrases blocked, maybe they'll just have to block the specific phrases use those in.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
I put it out here to players now and to KI people who got out of their Way to go around the Curse filter just to prove they have such a low IQ should be perma Banned.

this is any better? you should be banned too by critizing there intelligence , its a form of harrasment

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Everyone quit fighting they should not be perma banned but they should get a warning on ravenwood news they should say STOP USING CURSE WORDS as much i as strongly agree that ppl should not use curse words cause it is immature and childish i refuse to be a part of this fight. PLZ quit fighting

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Cryroth wrote:

this is any better? you should be banned too by critizing there intelligence , its a form of harrasment

mmm funny I dont see me nameing one person so it would be harassment how lol.

But I understand but I bet you would go crying to the Gm's if someone hacked your account wich against the rules of the game. But dont care about this rule huh .

Must be nice to pick and choose what rules you wish to go by.