Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balancing PvP (New Spell Ideas)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
First let me apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum.

As of right now I think most people would say that the most powerful schools in pvp would be:

Balance (judgement)
Death (feint, healing attacks)
Ice (tower shield, ice armor)

I think many people would also say that these may also be quite powerful:

Life (heals, absorb shields)
Storm (crazy insane damage)

This leaves fire and myth lacking. So I suggest some new spells to make these schools more attractive for pvp.

Pip Burn
Fire
4 Pips

Use the power of fire to burn away the opponents pips/powerpips.

Exactly as it sounds. Costs 4 pips and removes all of your opponents pips, whether that be 1 or 14 (7power pips). This buys the fire wizard time for his DoT spells to take an effect while the opponent rebuilds his pips.

And for Myth:

Disbelief
Myth
4 Pips

The wizard does not believe in the magic therefore the magic does not exist.

This spell ideally would create a shield that would only be affected by a damaging spell that hits for over 500 damage (including any buffs). The first spell that would hit for 400 or more damage would be negated doing 0 damage. This would cause the opponent to either pop all blades, traps on a weaker spell to break the shield or spend many pips on a higher level off school spell. Wands, DoTs, and anything hitting for less than 400 would not be affected by the shield and would not affect the shield.

This spell could also be edited to only cost 1 or 2 pip and be breakable by any damage, even a wand. This would still however force the opponent to pop any feint, hex, curse, or balanceblade they have up. It could still be used with the intention of blocking a fully buffed spell, but the timing would have to be perfect.

Honestly, I had Judgement in mind when thinking of both of these spells. Both of these I think would give more options for a defense against Judgement. Also if these spells are trainable by everyone it makes fire and myth as a viable secondary school for a pvp build. Because lets face it, when you are choosing your secondary school for a pvp character, how many people choose fire or myth?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Flames?

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
well i think pvp is rather good as it is..

fire has fire dragon to get rid of fire shields and he can keep attacking.. i mean seriously its fine

myth has earthquake which definitely helps and takes out every shields or trap.. not to mention blades too.. including absorbs ice armor.. i think thats rather good because listen

myth blade.. spirit blade.. then save pips use earthquake then minotaur or orthrus which is evidently enough to do a lot of damage..

as for the other classes they have their own cons..

storm insane damage but one shield hurts their damage immediately..

death one shield hurts their damage once they use feint tower shield.. or treasure tower then their damage is like halved..

as for the other classes they aren't over powered death can go throuth ice armor and spirit armor.. one spectral blast from balance takes off spirit armor..

judgment is not over powered unless the person itself makes it over powered aka feint balance blade blade storm and hex. which takes awhile to get those sufficent pips to kill off someone..

only thing i see over powered is the over use of treasure cards of one's untrained school specifically..

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
As you posted this on the central website everyone there disagreed with you, and I doubt you will find agreement here.

Myth and Fire are two of the best pvp schools, and neither needs additional support.

With my fire wizard I have beaten balance, death and ice while I was going second in 1v1.

They need no help in pvp.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
tracinjd wrote:
well i think pvp is rather good as it is..

fire has fire dragon to get rid of fire shields and he can keep attacking.. i mean seriously its fine

myth has earthquake which definitely helps and takes out every shields or trap.. not to mention blades too.. including absorbs ice armor.. i think thats rather good because listen

myth blade.. spirit blade.. then save pips use earthquake then minotaur or orthrus which is evidently enough to do a lot of damage..

as for the other classes they have their own cons..

storm insane damage but one shield hurts their damage immediately..

death one shield hurts their damage once they use feint tower shield.. or treasure tower then their damage is like halved..

as for the other classes they aren't over powered death can go throuth ice armor and spirit armor.. one spectral blast from balance takes off spirit armor..

judgment is not over powered unless the person itself makes it over powered aka feint balance blade blade storm and hex. which takes awhile to get those sufficent pips to kill off someone..

only thing i see over powered is the over use of treasure cards of one's untrained school specifically..
Actually, I think scald (you get it for level 33 fire only) is more of a fire shield breaker. It takes 5 pip but oh well. Breaks fire shields for ALL of the other team and still does damage.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
i love the idea but two things:

1. i think the fire move should use allitle more pips because people will complain how it is overpowered.

2. do you mean it absorbs 500 damage or all moves not over 500 damage do 0 damage?

Besides that i think that would be VERY useful for pvp.