Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going first makes a difference.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Hi this is michael lifebreath some of you may know me and some of you dont like me. I am a frequent pvp player and i noticed going first makes a big difference. For instance people talk about beguile i agree it is very unfair because if you go second you may not get to heal or attack if you use final spells frequently. Also the dispels are a pain i know i use them a lot and it can take half the pips a person has away if they go second and their is no way to know it is coming. Maybe if the team that goes first is a better team and they would win regardless is is also not fair that they can use their full attack phase and cast infection or doom and gloom before the other team gets the chance to heal. KI needs to figure a way to fix this when you get to be high enough in the arena both teams are equal and the team that goes first generally always wins. I know KI can come up with a solution so please put it on your to do list.

Michael LifeBreath lvl 50 life

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
i kinda agree with that..

infection doesn't hurt as guiding light or sanctuary will help out..

but the point is them going first and wiping out sanctuary with doom and gloom.

which can hurt badly

i agree who ever goes first has more advantage exspecially if your a bolter and a magus or higher then you have more chances of casting bolt often

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
In response to your message michael lifebreath....i am michael icerider, michael angleheart, and many others....but the second team always has an advantage as well they can do things to turn the round in their favor they just need to play smart...the simulation in the game is made to play to the advantages and disadvantages of both first and second teams...sure infection and gloom are hurtful but wise players know what to do with doom and gloom and infection...as you begin to become more experienced as a duelist you will come to find what i mean....good luck and dont look for a change in the first and second team action...it has been around for over a year now and i am here to tell you it is the way it is for a reason there is no disadvantages now that stun is gone....well except for bolts...but i have a feeling you will be seeing less of that soon...

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
Shark0416 wrote:
In response to your message michael lifebreath....i am michael icerider, michael angleheart, and many others....but the second team always has an advantage as well they can do things to turn the round in their favor they just need to play smart...the simulation in the game is made to play to the advantages and disadvantages of both first and second teams...sure infection and gloom are hurtful but wise players know what to do with doom and gloom and infection...as you begin to become more experienced as a duelist you will come to find what i mean....good luck and dont look for a change in the first and second team action...it has been around for over a year now and i am here to tell you it is the way it is for a reason there is no disadvantages now that stun is gone....well except for bolts...but i have a feeling you will be seeing less of that soon...
yeah cause people put doom gloom and infection on life as they don't want them to turn the tables with a satyr or rebirth. all you have to do and I KNOW YOU HEAR ME LIFE PEOPLE! just put in the first healing spell you get. (thats mean the tiny minor blossom 65 heal) to counter their infection. but doom gloom if they are first but you didn't heal, just use sanctuary.