Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is with the Class Fizzeling???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
Now I know this game has to have some balance to it, but the last 4 nights, my spells have fizzled 90% of the time and the mobs spells only 10% if that. Now to me this seems a bit one sided, along with healing spells fizzeling. The pixie elf heal the one that heals 30 first then 90 for 3 rounds fizzles about 1 out of 2 times I use it, and even the gold card heals fizzles.
Is this a bug or deliberate?
I just know I am getting frustrated at this as it makes it not so fun to play knowing what will happen.
I play fire,ice and life all with same results. class cards fizzles way too much...

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
the Fizzle Spell is a SPECIAL Spell, unlike the other spells in your deck, you know what they'll do when you use them, but with the Fizzle Spell you never know when it will show up in your deck or if it will do anything. mine usually shows up when i need just the one last spell to take out a boos while he has four pips ready to use on me, it shows up and does nothing so i have to take the next hit. OUCH

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
What I find unbelievable is how little the computer fizzles in general, most especially on Storm spells. Now I would not really have an arguement if the computer fizzled less and less the stronger they got, but the Rank 1 Storm golems in the Golem Tower almost never fizzle just like their much stronger Storm schools in Mooshu and Dragonspyre! Not to mention making Kensington Park a massively unbalanced dungeon on the scales of Sunken City(when you first receive the quest)

With that said, my main is a Death School, and ever since getting to Marleybone I have fizzled almost 40% of my attacks, even though the spells have a base of 85% and my gear gives me another 4% (back when I started Marleybone it was 3%)