Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
hi i'm wondering how you craft treasurecards i need to know if you buy recipes from vendors or what? please answer me i really need help. THANKS! :-o i forgot my name is kelly deathstalker if you cant post a answer look for me on wizards 101. thanks again.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2008
daneca15 wrote:
hi i'm wondering how you craft treasurecards i need to know if you buy recipes from vendors or what? please answer me i really need help. THANKS! :-o i forgot my name is kelly deathstalker if you cant post a answer look for me on wizards 101. thanks again.
I have a DIFFERENT crafting problem. I CAN'T FIND ANY SCRAP IRON AT ALL! plaese help to make it like... like MISTWOOD!
please respond at all cost. I bet EVERYONE has this problem.

Hero
May 27, 2009
First answer, you buy the treasure cards recipes from your school's tree. You can only buy a few recipes per level of crafting experience.

Second answer, the only way to find scrap iron is to SEARCH. Many, many people are hunting that stuff, so you need to stake out an area at the back end of a rooftop, like Hyde Park or Chelsea Court and then switch realms when you find a spawn point. That's the only way to be successful at this task. You won't find it at the Bazaar very often, and when you do, it's very expensive.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
There is alot of scrap iron i have alot of it.
I do not know to give it to.?
mark earthcaller
STORM

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Honestly, finding scrap iron isn't that difficult.

As another member mentioned, if you switch realms when hunting for it, you'll collect it pretty quickly. I average 45 pieces within an hour, doing the realm jumping in MB.

Did the same also with diamonds and pearls, which got the crafting quests using them done a lot quicker. About the only regeant item that took longer to collect was the blood moss. I just finished the last quest this morning and it took me 4 days to get all of that particular regeant needed.

Also your chances of getting a rare regeant goes up if you also pick up other regeants along the way, open chests, and get into the occassional battle. Your percentage will go down if you're only concentrating on one particular regeant and ignoring everything else to get that sole regeant. So remember to move around a bit in-game instead of standing still except to click on that wanted regeant. ;)

Which reminds me....Got 42 diamonds right now that I collected while blood moss hunting. Wish they'd impliment that trading between characters or friends so I can hang on to them when I create a new one myself. Hubby has all of his now, and I'd hate to flood the bazaar when I know they could come to personal use later on for myself or him, when we create new characters. LOL!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Scrap Iron is the beginning of determining if you should be a crafter. If you can't make the time to farm, use perfect realms, and visit the game at off hours, you will find crafting dead ending in MB.

Scrap Iron is easy compared to Black Pearls, Blood Moss and Diamonds!!!

To find scrap iron:
1) Log on when at realms are perfect or near so.
2) Use the maps on Wizard101 central to plan a short route with 3-5 spawn sites that takes ~60 secs to follow.
3) Start at one end, harvesting. Switch to the next realm, backtrack in the new realm. Switch to new realm, etc.

If you follow this, you can get the 80 scrap iron you need in about 2 hrs.

Warning: Following the same general rules for Diamonds, Black Pearls and Blood Moss, I would say 3-5 per hour (70 Black Pearls needed, etc).

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
dawicf wrote:
There is alot of scrap iron i have alot of it.
I do not know to give it to.?
mark earthcaller
STORM

I think the only thing you can do with extra reagents is sell them back (one at a time, 99 max). But if they made cards for them and an area for trading what you need (like go to the school tower of the spell you want and somehow get student crafters of that school to meet you there) the crafting cards thing would make more sense.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
My wife and I both got our scrap iron. It took forever at first because we were just getting it as we went, but weren't finding much at all. Then I started just circling the streets of regent's square and after I made a circle I switched servers. It's probably the easiest way to get it without getting into fights, however it takes several days if you play for several hours a day.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Well, I have found my source, but it is a rather hazardous route to take. I have found at least three sources of scrap iron in the Big Ben clock tower. Of course, in order to get the scrap iron to regenerate, you have to fight all of those fights over and over again. I suggest that, when re-entering the tower, you do not talk to the guy on the first floor (thus not triggering one of the quests). It makes the fight near the third generating point a lot easier.

And, best of all, you are not fighting over all of the rare scrap iron that exists elsewhere.