Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Absorb next Earthquake

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Because of some complaints of earthquake, i thought of a new spell to absorb it. Here it is:

Absorb Earthquake
Pips:3
School: Myth
What it does: Absorbs next earthquake for all friends.

But instead of absorbing the damage, it absorbs the power to take away all blades and shields that earthquake does.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
i think not.. balance would be over powered and protected from everything theres no way we can stand against it so i don't think it will provide the best interest to make that.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know if Conjurers would like that much. I mean, it could be nice, but I don't think Earthquake is used enough for an entirely new spell to be made specially for it. Perhaps if the spell did something else as well, it would be more likely to go into the game. Especially at three pips - wasting mana and pips and a turn on a shield for a spell you don't even know if your opponent is going to use seems kinda pointless to me.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
tracinjd wrote:
i think not.. balance would be over powered and protected from everything theres no way we can stand against it so i don't think it will provide the best interest to make that.
it says it's a myth spell.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
I don't know if Conjurers would like that much. I mean, it could be nice, but I don't think Earthquake is used enough for an entirely new spell to be made specially for it. Perhaps if the spell did something else as well, it would be more likely to go into the game. Especially at three pips - wasting mana and pips and a turn on a shield for a spell you don't even know if your opponent is going to use seems kinda pointless to me.

If one of your opponents is a myth student, you just KNOW that he or she is gonna use earthquake at some point. Thats a fact.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
then don't use that many shields or traps.. use one set at a time. simple. you choose to use up your shields therefore your shields will be taken off.. choose wisely be smarter than your opponent..

example
balance vs myth
use elemental shield and spirit shields.

then myth uses earthquake..

you use elemental shields and spirit shields.. use blades as you have your pips still which you haven't used.. if the person doesn't use earthquake more likely he or she doesn't think needing to use earthquake..

earthquake is to destroy tactics of spirit blade, elemental blade, anyone's school specific related blade. or shields if you have too many they will be destroyed.. use them one at a time..

and when you do this i am positively the myth will turn to healing instead of earthquake because it only does 310 damage pssshhh this does not hurt. with a couple of blades and traps (effecting your shield) max they could do more than 500-800 thats it.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
First of all, this is a rank 6 myth spell. That means that it sohuld have unbelievable power or even a second hit, just like minotaur or orthrus. what also comes to mind is the ability to destroy all charms and shields on enemies. That ability would come in handy with malistaire and his armies of soul servants. But still, this spell looks just plain awesome..

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
willzahk wrote:
First of all, this is a rank 6 myth spell. That means that it sohuld have unbelievable power or even a second hit, just like minotaur or orthrus. what also comes to mind is the ability to destroy all charms and shields on enemies. That ability would come in handy with malistaire and his armies of soul servants. But still, this spell looks just plain awesome..
Actually i find earthquake good for two things

fighting those bosses whos helpers are defense pox and damage pox

and PVP

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Thats a horrible idea? You don't see another cards saying: protect againts the next wild bolt, or protect againts the next steal hp spells do you? The main idea for myth wizards is to get around or destory shields, and that move would definatly ruin that purpose.

Hey, if that happens, maybe there should be a balance sheild? Or maybe even a life card that does damage over time. (Speaking sarcasticly)

If you don't like the fact earthquake gets rid of everything, then you must plan your moves carefully, don't just stack blades and traps all day and expect to see a big number, same thing for people who shields them selves all day, A normal myth wizard most of the time would say "Hmm, 3 absorbs, 4 myth sheilds and 2 towers? Heh! No problem"

There are many statics to fight myth for all classes:
Fire: Hits very high and over time, could attack multi of people so kills minions.
Ice: Able to tank hits and deal decent amounts of damage.
Storm: Attack hard and quick before myth stands a chance to even get a hit.
Death: Unknown. I have a hard time fighting myth on my Death wizard.
Myth: May the better Myth wizard win :p
Life: able to heal and deal damage without worry of fizzle.
Balance: able to attack high damage, with only tower sheilds in concern.

So with all of these styles in mind, You don't need this so called "Absord Earthquake."

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
No. That is a terrible idea. What would myth be without it? A very weak 6 pip spell. If you dont like it. Dont PvP. We will stop using earthquake when you stop using judgement. :P

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Because of some complaints of earthquake, i thought of a new spell to absorb it. Here it is:

Absorb Earthquake
Pips:3
School: Myth
What it does: Absorbs next earthquake for all friends.

But instead of absorbing the damage, it absorbs the power to take away all blades and shields that earthquake does.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

ya i agree i think it is unfair and all the things myth can do in the arena plz add the erathquake absorbs and give us some kind of advantage

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Well well well, i was waiting for the day that someone would complain about Earthquake. Heres what i think, i think that you should get a life for one... Because to go out of your way to complain about earthquake is just ridicules. If your going to complain about that, then you seriously must have nothing to do all the time. Myths main ability is to get round shields...Get around traps, get around all that other stuff. But yet no one seems to get it through through their thick heads. Although i don't like singling out other schools, but if your going to complain about Myth stealing shields and what not. then complain about fire and storm stealing and remove blades. But, ill let you ponder for awhile on what i just said, because it seems to me you have allot of time on your hands :-)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ShadowDemon12345 wrote:
Well well well, i was waiting for the day that someone would complain about Earthquake. Heres what i think, i think that you should get a life for one... Because to go out of your way to complain about earthquake is just ridicules. If your going to complain about that, then you seriously must have nothing to do all the time. Myths main ability is to get round shields...Get around traps, get around all that other stuff. But yet no one seems to get it through through their thick heads. Although i don't like singling out other schools, but if your going to complain about Myth stealing shields and what not. then complain about fire and storm stealing and remove blades. But, ill let you ponder for awhile on what i just said, because it seems to me you have allot of time on your hands :)

Actually, i dont really mind myth THAT much. I was just thinking of an advantange for us. I dont want to get rid of earthquake, just a way around it. But if i am suddenly the only one that complains, well then ok but i am positive you complain about something. FYI, i dont take my time yelling at ppl, it was a thought i wanted to get down on paper.