Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need Help!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Dragonspyre is so hard to solo in its almost impossible!! I always need to ask a friend to help me with almost every quest i get in DS. It is like i have to rely on other people to get through the game. I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
revkev wrote:
Dragonspyre is so hard to solo in its almost impossible!! I always need to ask a friend to help me with almost every quest i get in DS. It is like i have to rely on other people to get through the game. I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

I solo DS by myself most of the time. this is what i do.
1. pay attention to what type of boss or minion they are. This will tell you what type of spell will work the best on them. i.e. if they are death use life spells, but try to stay away from death spells. They will do the least amount of damage.

storm: myth
myth: storm
life:death
death:life
fire: ice
ice:fire
balance: life/myth/death

(if i wrote these down incorrectly, please correct)

2. For the most part, I always try to kill the minion first. This prevents them from protecting the boss and leaves him/her vunerable.

3. Since I am a Myth/death wizard, I stock up on life T-cards.

4. use your minion when ever possible. they can continue to attack when u need to heal. For myth: I like the cyclops minion the best. unlike the others, he protects you and heals you, plus do the fighting. Make sure you summon him at 4 pips, if possible.

I hope this helps you.

Suri Spiritrider lvl 50 Grandmaster Conjurer

Hero
May 27, 2009
You don't say what school you are, but I agree that your minion is your best tool in trying to solo Dragonspyre. Make sure you have plenty of copies of the summoning card in your deck, because the Draconians will take out a lot of minions in one shot. A lot of people think that minions aren't very helpful, but on my Life wizard, there have been several occasions where her fairy or satyr literally saved me from defeat.

There are a few towers that only someone who has already defeated it can help you anyway, so lower level friends can't come in. Make sure you have the best deck you can possibly afford and that you have loaded it with the best mix of blades, traps and especially shields. You will be defeated on occasion, with bad luck of the draws, but don't give up!

Good Luck - it is possible to solo, but it is definitely challenging.