Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Options

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I would like to see a few options introduced to the PvP selection process to tailor a game more to my preferred way of playing.

The two options I would like are:

No healing spells. (I find healing spells can really slow a match down, and takes some of the strategy out selecting spells based on the health of the opponent.)

No Treasure Cards. (I don't use Treasure Cards in PvP. I want to save them for monster duels. But I hate it when I've nearly defeated an opponent of about the same level and rank as myself and am about to deliver the final blow, when suddenly a ruddy great elephant thing or three-headed dragon blasts me with thousands of points of damage.

I realise that applying either or both of these options would greatly limit the number of players online that would be available to battle, but I imagine a menu screen such as:

Rules selection:
Standard Rules
No Healing
No Treasure cards
Any Rules

The Any Rules option would take the player to the first match regardless of which rules would apply.

Of course, I have selected the rules I would like to choose. I'm sure that there are many other players who would like to apply rules such as :

No Wild Bolt
No Beguile
No Stun

... and all the other spells players complain about in these and other forums.

So perhaps the idea is unworkable.

Forget I mentioned it. :(