Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheating? I don't think so!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I've had a few matches when my opponent has tried to convince me not to use certain spells.

I've had opponents tell me not to use Heal spells as "it's cheating".

One opponent tried to convince me that using Banshee was cheating. He couldn't explain why before I used my Banshee and snuffed him out.

Why do they think using certain cards is cheating? Surely, if I have them, I can use them.

What gives?

Hero
May 02, 2009
I'm not sure, and I've had a few of those matches myself.

I think that it's a way of the lower levels to have a better chance of beating the higher levels easier.

I've sometimes gone along with it, and it usually ends up being me against 3 or 4 opponents attacking me.

I say, just ignore what they say about not using certain spells, and continue playing like normal.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009

Its really not cool when people do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Defender
May 29, 2009

Ignore them. You'll get requests like this more often than you'd expect. Your opponent is just looking for a way to give themselves an advantage (or disadvantage you) so they can win. I've actually had them beg me to flee.

And if you don't do what they ask, they'll call you a "cheater". They may as well say you have cooties too. If you follow the rules that KI has established (and it's actually hard to break those rules unless you're purposely exploiting a bug of some kind), then you're playing the game fair and doing what you're suppose to.

Michael161 wrote:
I've had a few matches when my opponent has tried to convince me not to use certain spells.

I've had opponents tell me not to use Heal spells as "it's cheating".

One opponent tried to convince me that using Banshee was cheating. He couldn't explain why before I used my Banshee and snuffed him out.

Why do they think using certain cards is cheating? Surely, if I have them, I can use them.

What gives?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
I've only fought one PvP match so far. It was actually kind of fun. However, towards the end of the duel, my opponent said she was going AFK for a min., so, being a gentlemen, I held back and simply used defensive spells on myself... and then, without announcing she was back, I was attacked by a dragon spell of some kind. I went all out with the pips I had built up. One of her friends watching the duel told me that that wasn't fair, because she wasn't back yet... despite that she had just attacked me. As the rest said, ignore that kind of immature whining.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009

lol i was called a hacker because i hit the person more then a few times with wildbolt. Its all good.

You can't beat someone and expect them not to want you to handicap them a little. But you don't have to and that is the real answer.

I myself hate fighting life because they load up with heals and then wait for you to run out of damage spells.

If it takes to long i usually will walk away bait them to use as many heals then hit them with big damage spells.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
There is almost no such thing in wizard101 that is cheating. the only cheating card i have ever seen was chain stunning and they got rid of that . people tell you your cheating when they know there going to loose.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
you know what i am a captain and i have had privates BEG me so flee and no healing and no judgement and all that and they report me when i heal or use cyclops so all you privates out there reading this stop cause nobody will do it.

nathaniel emraldhammer
level 18 myth
captain