Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1v7 or Last Wizard Standing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I'm guessing that this has been suggested before, but I think it's worth mentioning anyway.

I've recently subscribed and have had about 20 or so PvP matches in the Ranked Arena. I'm really enjoying the experience. I nearly always play 1v1 matches, mainly because I usually have to wait so long to get selected for any other kind as I'm playing alone - ie without friends - and when I can get to play teamed matches, I don't feel any real affinity for my 'team mates'. But I do like to play in larger scale battles.

Consequently, I would really like to see another option that would allow single players to jump into large scale battles quickly - and that is "Last Wizard Standing". By that I mean 1v7 matches. (Or 1v6, 1v5, 1v4, 1v3, or 1v2)

Each wizard would be competing against all the other wizards. The battle would last until only one wizard was left "alive" in the arena. Any defeated wizards could stay to watch the fight or flee to fight again if they wanted too.

The risks for players would be higher than in a standard match as they would have a lower chance of winning - as low as 1 in 8. But I, for one, would happily take the risk. Imagine how you'd feel if you defeated seven other wizards by yourself in one match - or even came second or third.

The match would have to be for "Friends Only" or "random players only"as a group of, say. four friends could team up and spoil the experience for solo players.

I realise that it may be difficult to find up to eight wizards of similar ability to play a match together depending on how many PvP players are online but part of the challenge would be seeing how well you can do against a more varied selection of players.

I also think that this would be fun for groups of friends to fight 'against each other' instead of 'with each other' for a change.

Of course, I'm assuming this has been suggested before as the idea seems to be such an obvious one - and I am surprised that it has not been implemented before now. Perhaps the programming required is too complicated, or time consuming. However,I hope that it will be taken into consideration as it would greatly increase the appeal of the game for the solo player such as myself.

On a side note, the distribution of Arena Tickets and ranking points could change to reflect the greater achievement but that's a technicality I will let others discuss - I just want to be the Last Wizard Standing!

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i love this idea it could test how you stragetize against others and bosses i would like to this Happen

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
i would like it if myth's minion minotaur actually casted taunt it is a simliar version of beguile but the opponent has to hit the minotaur minion or use an AOE area of effect spell that hits all.. if so i believe myth will be the most suitable person for a 1 vs 2 3 4 5 6 7 unless ice players have ways to outsmart and live.. maybe death bec of scarecrow with spirit blade treasure spirit blade treasure spirit enchantment death blade i believe could seriously harm anyone doing over 1,500 dmg