Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked Matches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Okay, most of us have done at least one ranked match right? Well, I've done many.

I think it's unfair when you're a Magus Wizard, and get picked to go against a Grandmaster in a Ranked Match. It's totally unfair, don't you agree? I know you can't pick who you're going against, but does it have to be a Grandmaster? It's not fair. It might be a little fair if the Magus has level 48 treasure cards, but still.

What do you think about this? I think Wizard101 should update their Ranked Matches so that you go against someone who is the same level as you, or close to it. Such as a Magus vs a Magus. It would seem fair to me.

What do you think would be helpful in Ranked Matches?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I totaly agree! I'm a level 36 and almost alwase get pared with a Grandmaster! Plus, even if there not a grand master there top pvp ranked! Any way it wold be better if Grand masters started at the top pvp rank and that you can only play agenst levels around your level that are the same or about the same rank.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I agree that the selection of oppenent can seem unfair at times. I am a lowly Level 12 Private and I frequently get matched against much more powerful opponents.

However, I accept that the selection system will try to make the best choice from the players available online. I live in London, UK, and normally play at times when America is still asleep or at school/work. Consequently, there are not so may players online and I have to accept what I'm given.

But I do try to see higher level opponents as a challenge and when I occasionally beat them (usually because they fizzle as I frazzle), I feel really pleased with myself.

Take it on the chin! And make the most of it when you get a Lvl 1 Private noobie as an opponent. Mwahahaha!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
i am a captain and i onyl got that cause people kept fleeing from me that were magus lol

EVAN ICE FIST

Survivor
Sep 24, 2009
i recently started playing and i noticed that aswell( only played 1 match ).. i was in a 2 vs 2 match we both were lvl 10 under and vsing 2 lvl 40ish guys xD
didn't win of course, but was a great feeling getting one of them to below 200hp, not bad for 2 weak low lvlers = )