Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arena Matching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
When i enter ranked pvp i keep getting paired up with a warlord or sergeant+.
Why doen't it pick for me a private?

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
Hi, I'm Saffron Blade, a PvP Knight.

My friend and I Mary Daisypetal were 2v2ing as usual until we got this certain match. It only took 10 seconds for the pop up to appear so we accepted. To my surprise we were against Level 80's when we were only level 33-35! Mary is a Private and I'm a Knight. The opponents were both Warlords. And I thought, what in the world? They said, "Dont worry we'll make this quick." Of course, we lost. And both of us lost 28 points! That just made me very upset. Note: they werent puppets.

KI please fix this.
- Saffron and Mary

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Totally agree, they need to fix the ranking system.
Here are my problems, all my level 30 magus warlords in full commander gear, i am totally ok with getting high levels and losing 30 rank if i lose, although they really need to make warlord gear already with some critical block. What i really hate is the ranking system for pvp groups, if you make a decision to puppet, then you should get paired with another puppet, I can't even enter on my two accounts anymore to 2v2 with myself. Last few matches, this is what i got:
1) Ice 35, overlord and myth 49 veteran against a level 70 warlord and an 80 knight
2) Fire 39 warlord and ice 35 warlord against a ranked down level 90 ice with crafted gear and a level one storm overlord
3) Fire 16, overlord and ice 35 vet against commander 70 life and level 1 rank 0 ice
4) 4v4: ice, life, life, fire all around level 35-45, all warlords and we got, level 1 ice rank 0, a private ranked down storm with crafted critical gear over 330, a knight level 5 ice, and an overlord 90 fire with crafted gear.
5) 3v3, ice, life, life magus warlords and we got all level 70 overlords

Idk writing that out really makes me angry, we get matches like this, sure its awesome if we win, but we get called tc noobs or whatever and some of these matches are just ridiculous. How about, if there are no suitable matches, a box comes up telling you that because really, match number 5 and match number one were just ridiculous.

Idk i just can't even go into any group matches anymore without risking losing rank, don't get me wrong, i don't mind losing IF it is a fair match. But when it isn't, just well, stupid really. Kinda like getting rank downs in 1v1, seriously, why do people have to do that, they are throwing away like 50 matches when they could just try to keep going.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
I completely agree. PvP these days is very difficult for me. I'm a private for one reason only. Every, and I mean every time I go into a PvP match, it pairs me up with anybody over the rank of sergeant and it really annoys me now. This is a reason I don't do PvP anymore. The system is messed up. KI, can you PLEASE fix this

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
Whats wrong? PVP doesn't matter wizards also killerbox what if someone said that on your own game? Treat others like you want treat them! And stop complaining! Its just plain annoying and no one is gonna do something with the pvp if you just complain! Like: Please wizard101 makers pretty please do something with the pvp match making system because i usally get against a commander and they are balence and i am life level 36 so please do something with it.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for telling us how the ranked system works now I know when I start doing ranked matches again I'll be sure to refer to this. Thanks again!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I am like a Journeyman, and APPRENTICE level wizards are beating me! Sure I get like five arena tickets, but seriously, how do such low levels get to Warlord rank? My guess is that they have a lot of gold and buy a bunch of treasure cards. I think the PvP system should go by level, rank, and maybe school.

Marissa BattleFlame
Level 19 Theurgist

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
recently you suppose to have fixed the problems in rank pvp with puppet teams but that has not happened they still doing so, just got done watching a match with lvl 90's and lvl 10 in same team how that is fair??.
you just hading more junk to the game but not helping the players this is going to far so I will not be spending any more money in this cheating game.Just letting you know

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
kooch1 on Nov 29, 2009 wrote:
And can you plz get rid of judgemant and wildbolt in pvp? I am not saying the whole game just pvp. i hate running in to adept commanders cause they use wild bolt and judgement. I only sometimes get killed by judgement casue trap, pip, and balance blade. And wild bolt should not be used by people who are not storm or, at the very least, think about NOT being able to trade their wild bolts and judgement treasures to noobs who get all snotty about it cause they have storm and balance grands. PLZ LET WHAT I SAID HAPPEN! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT KI!

Christo FireHeart LVL 43 Pyromancer Arena Rank: Private

( hmm my arena rank ... I wonder why it's that low...)
why judgement? get rid of high lvl spells used on tc cards and minions period!!!!

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
Gamma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

The Ranked Player vs Player (PvP) matching system in Wizard101 is based on two very important factors: the Level of your Wizard character and the current PvP Rank of your Wizard character. The Level of your character is more important than the Rank, but your Rank is still a significant determining factor.

When you join a Ranked match, the system takes your information and tries to pair it up as closely as possible with other players who are currently waiting to compete. If no comparable players are waiting to compete, the system will widen the search. The longer you wait, the wider the search, and the bigger the difference between yourself and your opponent.

For matches of 2v2 or higher, the system will average out the determining factors for all the participants and attempt to match up players to the best teams and opponents that are available. The more players who are online and participating in the Player vs Player feature, the more closely the teams will be matched. When there are fewer players participating in the Player vs Player feature, the team members will be more varied and the differences between opponents will be larger.
well the system then dosent work puppet teams still exist people flee matches so they don't loose any rank cheating others of their tickets and points and the levels and ranks are all not fair.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I got matched with a captain when I was a private. No big because I won it still, and I also got matched with a level 90 storm wizard. I forgot to mention, I'm only level 81.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
So KI supposed to fix puppet teams Has not been done, actualy now is worse than ever sense the reset.
I am a private facing commanders in full gear, ket a fair shot at pvpnights, capitans etc. So my point is How long we going to have to wait to get a fair shot at pvp this is insane we are going backwards with this maybe we all have to quit pvp and quit spending money and maybe (and I said maybe) KI will figure it out or maybe not sense this game is turnning into a cheat or loose game.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Darthjp on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
I got matched with a captain when I was a private. No big because I won it still, and I also got matched with a level 90 storm wizard. I forgot to mention, I'm only level 81.
Okay well stop complaining if you won it. My death is level 81 and in the 2nd age of PvP his record is 7-1 and is a Veteran. My only loss is because I had to be somewhere in the middle of my match. But oh well.. I win against level 90s all the time. Even in the old age of PvP he was a Commander at level 81.

Wolf Deathhammer, 81 Veteran (2nd age), Commander (1st age)

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Fix puppet. I am
done with pvp all i get is puppets and it is annoying. I am gonna quit this game if you dont fix it my lvl 50 team fights lvl 88s with a lvl 63 in 3v3. We never go first any rank can beat any rank so doing it by rank doesnt dod to much. I mean come on that isnt fair at all. They lord of winter us and us countless tc when they go first and its not fair at all. You really need to fix it or ban the players who do it from pvp. I am gonna quit if you dont fix it

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I am gonna quit due to puppets i will come back if you fix it make a a new thing for them its unfair to fight people with double your heal triple the stats you have and damage. We have no chance we have a show if we are first but then again when does that ever happen? Come on Ki Puppets need to be stopped ban them from pvp or something i am done loseing rank to people double my lvl

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
My Myth is a Sergeant, and it usually takes like 5-10 seconds to find a match, and i'm always against Commanders and Warlords

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
kooch1 on Nov 29, 2009 wrote:
And can you plz get rid of judgemant and wildbolt in pvp? I am not saying the whole game just pvp. i hate running in to adept commanders cause they use wild bolt and judgement. I only sometimes get killed by judgement casue trap, pip, and balance blade. And wild bolt should not be used by people who are not storm or, at the very least, think about NOT being able to trade their wild bolts and judgement treasures to noobs who get all snotty about it cause they have storm and balance grands. PLZ LET WHAT I SAID HAPPEN! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT KI!

Christo FireHeart LVL 43 Pyromancer Arena Rank: Private

( hmm my arena rank ... I wonder why it's that low...)
Ok, I think it's not very fair if people can't do some nice spells that seem to make you lose. A few things to say:

1. Judgement isn't THAT bad, you should see Heck Hound. Also, traps and blades are supposed to help people win battles. Maybe when you get one of the special damage per pip spells you'll see.

2. It's only for fun. I do pvp, and I do get sad sometimes from losing but I don't let it get to me. It's only a game.

3. How would you feel if you were the person casting Judgement? Oh yeah I didn't bother to look up the other spell, but I think this is good enough.

Happy Spellcasting!

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I know you try your best to make matches even, but there is a problem:

At level 39 I was crazy about pvp. I stunk at 1vs1, so I decided to try a 2vs2.

Me and a pyromancer (another level 39) got matched up against two level 49 commanders! And my rank was below starting! I got defeated in one round, and then the pyromancer got defeated the next. One of them kept using fire dragon, and I had just learned triton...

Please try and make this more even.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Is it normal to, at Private, face a Warlord ten levels higher than you?

P.S. I beat him :)

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
I am a level 65 and now I only get level 85 and up. Not really fair regardless of rank, level 90's have access to many tools like potent trap, sharpen blade and others that I don't have access to. So if they go first its usually over in a couple turns. I don't think that 25 levels is fair in 1v1, under most peoples opinion that would be puppetting if I did a 2v2 with a level 90 and my level 65. I just don't get it.......

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
The arena matching system needs work, my level 60 death is constantly facing promethean warlords. Sure, I do have a very high rank but it doesn't make a difference how good you are when you can not physically get the stats needed to stand a chance. I recently faced a fire with 300 critical, against someone who can craft the Avalon or Azteca boots that is perfectly fine, you have a fair chance to block it. But me and my lvl 60 self only have 130 block, and that is a lot for my level, and yet, didn't stop a single critical from her. I just don't know how I am expected to beat people 30 levels higher than me with superior gear and stats. I want to fight people my level, my rank, not people twice my level that still have 1000 rank.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
Level 50 here. I only fight people level 90. And the worst is almost everyday, 90% of the time I go second. Today, 12 fights, 10 times going second. Fun? Not really...

Survivor
Jul 02, 2013
I am a lvl 43 ice wizard just the other day me and my cousin cody and my online friend devin did a 3v3 we had got a level 76 storm we where thinking how the f is the even possible and we lost are rank that day and all I wanted to say is your systems are sucking right now I don't know if you are slacking on the job but you need to get your lazy butts up and do something about this are I will be quiting this game and I not the only one with this problem

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I fully agree. Something needs to be done about this problem. It's been an issue for a long time, and yet still nothing seems to have changed! PvP would be more popular if matches were fair, in level and rank. It's that simple. For now, all we can do is put a level limit on our matches, instead of trusting the system to give us a fair fight automatically. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 65 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Thank you for your time!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2011
The matching system is horrible. I used to be a Knight, but then I kept getting matched up with warlords! I am private now due to this, but i still get matched up with warlords! This problem needs to be fixed KI.