Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointment in Rude Players

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Eli9030 on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
Some people don't have manner in wizard101. Everytime i am in a fight or battle, someone joins with out asking and everytime i join, first i ask and one day i reported someone for doing that.... it really makes me want to scream.
if you only did this once, don't worry~ ki will see that you don't have a history of making false reports. but don't do it again. while annoying, the action you described is not a reportable offense and is considered a false report... making repeat false reports may result in sanctions against your account and/or a loss of reporting privileges.

i think everyone on this thread needs to head over to this page for a crash course on what is and isn't reportable:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/i-got-reported-28843

Laura S.
"von"

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Listen, there are bad people in this world, i don't know why, but there are. you have to face it somehow, but remember for every bad/mean/annoying-troll there are at least five good people. and i have many friends here on this game that are truly great people, they know who i am and they don't just ask me for help every day of my life. what you need to do if you're having trouble with people asking for help is this: add most people that seem like they might be nice, and if after a few hours of being online they don't seem like you would want to be their friend, just remove them!

as for people trolling you in fights... i've had it happen to me once in a fight. i hated it to be honest, the guy was taunting me the whole time. i ignored him eventually got K. O.'d of course but i just got back up and came at them again. never seen the guy since.

this was back in cl for me, in the floating land. these days i'm lvl 71 and not even half way done with zf.
if i were trolled i could handle it, (what's one more dude to cream with a few gargantuan sandstorms?)

i hope most of you agree with this.

gabriel ashcaller, level 71 (and counting, veeeery slowly) sorcerer

"if the judge comes out, may it deem your opponent guilty."

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Alura BH on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
"Noob" is short for newbie which means new player, but most people take it as a weak, defenceless, stupid player. They are the noob, them bullies
can't agree more however i use noob too, sometimes just for low lvl people. i don't want to insult them really but the fastest-to-type word (rather than low-level) is noob. thank you for posting this, it is so true.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
My character JackGriffenStrider (aka. Me) has never been mean and encountered any mean or rude players. LUCKY ME!!!!!

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I feel your pain. Every day it seems I find at least one person that does that. However most of the time it is because they lack experience in the game. I can say that if a person does that on purpose, they really need to be smarter than that, because one day, its will come back to bite them. Sometimes I do the same thing but not on purpose, because its either attack, or heal and wait for the pips but most of the time I try to heal my fellow teammates (well, at least in a sticky situation). My suggestion is, to Wizard101, make people reportable for doing this in PvE because if someone did this to me in Xibalba i would literally bump my head against the wall for five hours until I came back to my senses ....

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
The way I think of it is this:

In every activity you do, there is always going to be a downside. Whether that downside is a person or not, it's always there. An important virtue in life is to always look at the glass half full (if you don't know that expression, it basically means that you need to look and what you have rather than what you don't). If this is how that person spends their time, I'm sure they aren't any happier than you are right now. I can't really choose a side in this situation, because I don't know the details. For example, did your son join his battle? Did the other person tell your son to leave (maybe he couldn't read it because he didn't have text chat)? I've had it happen many times where a low level teleports to a high level area and asks for heals, and ends up getting both of them killed. Maybe that's what happened. You should ask your son for all the details. You can always report players doing foul behavior. The bottom line is: look at the glass as half full.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Wow, what a jerk. Anyways, here is how to deal with this. First click on the character's name, and then click ignore. There you go. You dealt with him.

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Most people that play this game are pretty nice but some can be rude. I met a guy like this the. Other day who was very rude and kept calling my level 71 a noob and that I was trash at this game even though I have probably played this game for longer than him. (Seance August of 2009) Some people are just jerks and it's better to just ignore them.

John Ashdust, Level 71

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
When I lose a PvP, (cough, all the time, cough) I always say; very gg! congratz! When I win a PvP, I say; Very gg, You did a great job!

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
llemarrajade on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:
I'm a parent and game with my 8-year old son. We've enjoyed our time on Wizard 101, but I'm likely going to cancel my subscription. Tonight, my son was heckled by another player who had open chat. As a spoiled sport this individual proceeded to cast 0 level spells on himself and allow my son's character to die. While I understand that this is a game and no one has to follow any code, players should remember that little kids could be on the opposite end. My son's feelings were very hurt....He couldn't understand why someone would treat him so poorly.
Well, every game has mean players. You can't control how other players act, but here's a guide to avoid being bothered by bullies ;)
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/nice-wizards-8ad6a41b3fccffe1013fce757c942a2c/8ad6a41b3fccffe1013fce757c992a2d#8ad6a41b3fccffe1013fce757c992a2d
look for the first post by me. That's the guide, and I hope it helps.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Rude players? Big deal. Most people get hurt by people lying and saying stuff like, " Give me all your treasure cards and i'll ( Blank. ) . " Then after you give them the cards they leave and unfriend you. it's a terrible thing and i warn all players this: don't trust anyone. even your best friend could turn their back on you in five seconds! Someone needs to fix this.

• Katie Duskleaf, level 27

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I'm so sorry to hear that, and that is rude. But of all games, this is one of them that has the least rudeness. You can't do anything about it.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
well i tottally agree a tip high lvl players like 60 and above stay away fromnoobs one tme a noob followed me around all ay saying you have no life i mean thats wrong anyone agree? Justin ironflame lvl 82 fire

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Eli9030 on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
Some people don't have manner in wizard101. Everytime i am in a fight or battle, someone joins with out asking and everytime i join, first i ask and one day i reported someone for doing that.... it really makes me want to scream.
LOL. Some people are so rude -- they don't own the street, they don't own the battle, and they think they have some special right to a battle and everyone should stay out of their way.

That's not how it works. The game promotes cooperation between players, and then some people whine when others try to actuall cooperate. Make up your mind -- do you want rude people or cooperative people?

It can be inconvenient when someone jumps in on the turn where you have the big kill lined up.

Well, that's part of the game. I always carry Reshuffle just in case someone jumps in on my battle under those conditions, because it does happen from time to time.

All part of the game.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
proplayer508 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
well i tottally agree a tip high lvl players like 60 and above stay away fromnoobs one tme a noob followed me around all ay saying you have no life i mean thats wrong anyone agree? Justin ironflame lvl 82 fire
LOL. Yeah, this kid ran up to me at one point and kept saying the same three things over and over again. I can't remember the three things, one of them was "You are weak"; I can't remember the other two.

So I put him on Ignore and kept running my quests.

About 45 minutes later, a friend came up to me and asked "Is he bothering you?" I checked my chat history, but there was nothing there. So I asked, "is who bothering me?". She named the character, and I looked around and saw him on the screen.

I had to laugh. Apparently he was following me around for 45 minutes repeating the same three lines, but of course I didn't know since I had him on ignore. I mentioned to my friend that the kid was on Ignore, and she informed the kid, "You know he can't see anything you type, right?".

The kid logged off.

That was the day I realized that Ignore = Zen. I love Zen.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I'm sorry for what happened to your son, but I've noticed that some Wizards have no common manners and tend to act rudely upon those just trying to enjoy the game. However, reporting may not be an option in this case, I must say that VERY few people turn out that rudely and commonly others view them in bad ways. If someone is bothering you in a battle, I suggest "leaving them for dead". They will lose the battle almost surely and that will teach them :D! If they are using rude language simply ignore them with the ignore button and they will most likely follow you around until they foolishly realize they've been talking to a brick wall the whole time.

Blaze Mythmancer Level 89 Myth

I

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Valkoor Soulwraith on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys. I always see people being mean to eachother, and it makes me sad. I see people trying to make out swear words as well, even though there's open chat, they don't use it, it's rated everyone, not teen! I just think how children swear because of the person that makes out swear words as well. Anyway, back to the point. Why do people be mean to eachother? Another thing I see is that high level wizards treat low level wizards like dirt. Some of them, but not all of them. It just saddens me that high levels are all like "You suck at this game because you're a low level, and that means you are a noob, and you are awful at this game."

Magus: Could you help me get to Chelsea Court? I can't get there myself.
Promethean: No! I care about PvPing and questing and money, not your stupid character! You're a noob, and always will be, go delete your low level noob.

Why are people like this? Why must they be mean to low levels, yet they were low levels themselves?
There are some prometheans who think they are better than the low levels, able to power over them, etc. I, as a promethean, am not like this. I help people a lot, although I have not finished Azteca yet. It sometimes get really annoying when all the chat messages I get are; "Can you plz help me?" "Can you plz take me to (Place here, mostly somewhere I can't go that they think I can just 'cause I'm level 90. )" When I am trying to quest. It gets really annoying, so, lower levels everywhere, just because a person is a promethean, doesn't mean they have all the time on their hands to help you, or they can go everywhere. (Also, text chat is made for 13+ or got by membership, and open chat is 18+)

~Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 Pyromancer

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I remember when this happened to me as well I was a level 19 ice wizard asking people in the commons if they could help me with defeating ice people within krokotopia to help me with my quest. The ice monsters were too tough for my guy to defeat on his own. Everybody told me to go away and called me names because I was stuck at that spot. It is sad seeing such an amazing game have so many bad seeds. It took me 2 weeks of asking for help and constant death before someone saw me dying and getting doubt's of quitting case it was too tough and they guy helped me. It was an ice wizard Cameron IceTalon that helped me with the quest he was level 50 at the time and was going to start farming a boss but stopped and decided to help unlike some now, and turned out to be an amazing friend.What I got from that kind gesture was that there still are kind people in the game its just getting harder to find them. Sorry if I waster anyone's time with this reply, I saw this thread and it reminded me of that time. If you are still playing is be glad to help you with any quest :) - Thomas ThunderDust level 70 ice wizard

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I am very sorry to hear about what happen to your son! I know I would have been hurt at that age too. Unfortunately, especially in PvP, some players find enjoyment in meaning rude to others. I have witnessed and been called "noob," insulted on my school choice, and had to witness some uncomfortable conversations which somehow avoided the filter. I find the best way to avoid this is turning off enemy chat in PvP. Another way to ignore the rude behavior is to turn off the chat bubble option, that way you can only see what is being said if you have the text chat menu open. I suggest concentrating on questing, and finding a few good, reliable and kind friends to help out.

Good luck, and I hope your son continues to play. Wizard101 is truly a gem of a game.

Destiny Dayflower
Level 48

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I have rarely run into any rude players.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
My issue is truly with KI on this one. Some "hackling" or "messing with" other players is going to happen. But when a character who is younger (doesn't understand the idea of how to access the message board or forum) is being attacked and BULLIED yes, i said the B word that KI has no idea how to control, it is enough. As an older player it sickens me to see people telling little children rude enduendos and ganging up on them and bullying them, some players don't know how to get out of the situation. I've told people to knock it off, taken a screen shot of all their profanities and reported them when they then have found a "new target". KI will then tell me to push the ignore button or use menu chat, who thinks it is right to punish the wizards who follow directions and play by the rules and let the people using profanities and BULLYING other players. I sure don't, and when I report them and see the same character a week later bullying another wizard I just chuckle to myself to see how little control KI really has. It needs to stop. They need more monitors around if this is indeed a children's game. I have not seen one KI player in my years of playing. Maybe they need to step it up, I know of A LOT of parents cancelling their children's accounts due to this and perhaps if KI actually did something about it they wouldn't lose so much business. My opinion. This probably won't even get posted because KI knows I am right and won't let anyone know it :)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Kids can be mean, no doubt about that. Very young kids should have limited chat so they can play and have fun with out being subjected to someone being mean or bullied.

When I play I try to be a good example (role model) And encourage more people to do the same. (There are already a LOT of people that do! HUGS to them.)

Secondly, When I see someone being a bully or harassing I REPORT them for being a bully.

Being MEAN does not make you cool kiddos and if I see you doing it, I WiLL report you! So be one of the good guys!

Destiny Deathflower lvl 90

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
On rudeness in PVP- This is going to crop up unfortunately, whether you win(never me) or lose(always me).
I try to be polite in PVP when I lose(all the time), and unfortunately some people decide it's fun to heckle the loser.

On rudeness in the streets - Same deal, there's always going to be rude wizards, wizards who jump in, and wizards who will flee after being dragged in. While it is rude and I do not deny this, there is nothing you can do about it. I will usually crack jokes at the enemies but if I encounter someone rude(quite rarely as people tend to be nice in my experience), I will ignore their insults and at times, throw them back in their face... Always with a polite manner mind you, which tends to annoy them instead of you.

On the term "noob" - I've seen this addressed as well as the other issues. Other posters are right, Noob is another way of saying new to something or new player but it has acquired a negative meaning these days. My solution for people constantly calling you noob is this, give them a crash course on what it really means. Chances are they will actually stop calling you noob and have to figure out something new. While they work on this you can either leave the area, or stay and laugh at the insults that they attempt next(not advised for everyone, anyone who knows that they don't do good with insults should leave the area or switch realms)

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
One day i was in the commons messing around with friends - not in a way that could offend anyone in any way- then this girls chats to me "Stop that." "Stop what?" "You called someone a noob. That's not nice." "No I didn't, I called myself a noob. I'm joking around." "That's insane." "..." "You're immature." "Is there something wrong with messing around and having fun once and awhile? ..! ..? ..!" "It's immature." "Stop. You're being immature." "No I'm not." "Well, you're not being mature either." Then I ignored her.

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , Brecken Storytalon, lvl 30 , Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 19 ,Savannah Darkbane, lvl 18 , Kestrel Wintergrove, lvl 11 , and Fallon Frogsword, lvl 10

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
"Being courteous to other players is half the battle."

Everyone, let's remember our battlefield manners, because lately, I have seen a lot of rude players walking around the spiral. I have two examples of real in game stories that happened to me today.

1. I was fighting a boss in Krokotopia, and my "friend" ports to me. He enters my battle, and tells me to kill my minion (I am myth, by the way) so he can treasure card power nova. How rude! I was so annoyed with this action, but I let him stay because that's what friends are for, right?

2. I was fighting some street monsters in Krokotopia, when this grandmaster pyromancer joins the battle. The thing that really ticked me off was that when she entered she said, "Your welcome, myth can't solo." I did not invite her into my battle. She started shielding me when I was full on health and then told me to kill my minion so she could meteor strike.

I would like to remind you all of something. Just because you are playing behind a screen, doesn't mean that you can do anything you want and not care about the other person.

Thank you - Shawna Legend