Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointment in Rude Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I was playing the other day and i was in triton avenue just questing. So this guy asked to be my friend and the nice person that i am i accepted. He asked me for a 5000 crown panther mount and from all the drama that went on in my past account because of gifting i told him no and took him off my friend list. Then surprise, i bumped into him again and he started raging at me "your such a ..." ( just censoring out bad words ._.) "you are ugh o lie" "girl you just ..." and such but what really got me mad was when he said "you just keep it to yourself you dont share". Ok hold up. First i dont know this guy, second he says i keep everything to myself! People use money out of thier own pockets to buy stuff for a game, would you waste money on someone you dont know? Asking someone to gift you is like asking a random person for money. Then he reported me, just because i didnt gift him. I mean really and from all the mean horrible things he said to me like "go die." and "go to hell." I didnt report him. Seriously people need a life they need to stop going around and asking people for stuff its just immature and stupid if thier parents can afford a computer and cable then i know they wont have a problem buying a card for thier child any given day. Thanks for reading :)

Allison level 12 myth

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
darthjt wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
You cannot stop these people. Ki can't control millions of players. Unless you want there to be zero chatting in the game.

Not to get off topic here, but, Saying you can't stop something is just an excuse. It's not even relavent.

History, constantly reveals that things that people say, can not be done, have been done. Would you like examples?

Earth was flat, um, no, it's round.
Slavery will never end. Sorry, but it no longer exsists.
You can never get a man on the moon. 3 cheers the late, Niel Armstrong!
Women will never be equal to man. Sorry, but that is gone too.
Equal rights of everyone will never happen. Sorry, gone also.
Never have a black president, oh wait, President Obama?

So, will people say never a female president?
So, will people say you can never stop cursing?

People say that things will never happen, but if action is taken, it clearly can happen. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Wait.. So.. You except to end all sorts of bulling in the world?

You expect that your sarcasm against the real truth will shield you from the light?

No, it won't.

The fact of the actual matter at hand here is the fact that this game will never be safe, clean, cuss-free, or anything else. Hall Monitors made things worse, in my opinion. And dare I even think about how bad Pirate101 will be.

So when you try to get your men on the moon again, think about this:

NASA spent 12 billion dollars on a pen that works in the space. The russians used a pencil.

The exact same thing is happening in Wizard101. You try to solve such a problem, when the solution cannot be solved without certain consequences. Such as losing chat.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
gtafreak101 I agree with you that that KI can't control the language of millions of subscribers, no different than Ronald McDonald can't control the language of everybody in his chain of family restaurants. KI has placed a number of language controls and also posted very clearly the recommended age of players (10+, 13+, 18+).

I think what darthjt is trying to say is that things don't get better unless people take action to try to make it better. Ignoring bad behaviour does nothing, addressing might make things better. (ya, it can get you beat up pretty bad too).

In Wizard101 Hall Monitors will make things better. It also shows that KI is concerned and willing to take action to make things better. Members can also take action to make things better. Being aware of our own behaviour, refusing interaction with undesirables, and positive coaching of friends.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
From what it sounds, I can probably guarrentee all of you that was not a teenager. (Lets be honest, we all know that one person who taught us the wrong words in 4th grade.) Thats probably his case, and you should of reported him. Sorry this happened to you :/

Squire
Apr 18, 2010

The rest is just an anger teenager acting out.

How can you assume that its a teenager? It's like your saying teenagers will just do this for fun. It could have been anyone, not just a particular age group.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
vollans wrote:
I am sure that others have replied before me. They will likely say the same thing as I am about to.

That is called harassment/bullying and is something that can be reported.
If you are not totally sure if it is something that can be reported, take a screen shot (control and print screen at the same time. "Prt Scr" is usualy above your Home button on your keyboard) and paste it in to Paint. DO NOT EDIT THE IMAGE except to put an arrow or square around the parts you are unsure of.
Save the picture

Now back here, click "Help & Support" (on the left side, at the bottom).
Find the "Contact Support" button (bottom of the list).
Click the third tab, "Contact Us".
From the drop down list, select "Player Misconduct"
Type in the situation. Include server/realm name (Satyr, Wu, whatever), area (Wizard City-Commons, Wizard City-Dye Shop, whatever), date and time (it may take a up to a day to view your message).
Upload your screenshots.
Choose which game it happened on, or select "general"

Click Continue and follow any prompts that may be on the next screen. You will likely have a message in your email in box saying that KingsIsle has received your message.

You now made a report of something that you were not sure of. Kings Isle staff will review your message and place sanctions on the person that you think was breaking the terms of use.

This procedure will also work if you are text chat and do not have access to a Report button.
It will also work if you see someone else is being harassed.

That is exactly what you should do Flutterby, I have met some people like him/her an I too got very upset but, I told him "Whatever, I feel bad for you is making fun of people the only way to be happy?" then he said some mean stuff back to me then my friends ported in and saw this and they told me to not consent to this and report him for he was Bullying me and I said okay and reported him with bullying and cursing and I believe he go banned because he said "Really losers" and then I ignored him and when i cam back on in a few days his character wasn't on the ignore list and I didn't remove him.

Sincerrly,
Paul
Paul StormBane 77 Storm
Paul SilverFlame 64 Myth
Paul DragonSword 16 Death

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
i hope you see this comment because it is for you. if you know the wizard's name in wizard101 then tell me. i can somehow find that wizard and well kill the wizard! you are so sweet and nice and you or not in 2nd grade! i bet he thought in his mine. "well i should of killed her" and if he did i would get revenge!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
darthjt wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
You cannot stop these people. Ki can't control millions of players. Unless you want there to be zero chatting in the game.

Not to get off topic here, but, Saying you can't stop something is just an excuse. It's not even relavent.

History, constantly reveals that things that people say, can not be done, have been done. Would you like examples?

Neither Slavery or Woman's Unequal Rights will end.
Maybe for The United States it has, but for the entire world? No. Some countries still roll that way. Not naming names though

Explorer
May 30, 2011
this is a clear case of cyberbulling and it is not onlt reportable but it also a felony crime with a 5 year prison sentence the law was passed in 2008.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

You can never get a man on the moon. 3 cheers the late, Niel Armstrong!
Never have a black president, oh wait, President Obama?

So, will people say never a female president?
So, will people say you can never stop cursing?

People say that things will never happen, but if action is taken, it clearly can happen. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Wait.. So.. You except to end all sorts of bulling in the world?

You expect that your sarcasm against the real truth will shield you from the light?

No, it won't.

The fact of the actual matter at hand here is the fact that this game will never be safe, clean, cuss-free, or anything else. Hall Monitors made things worse, in my opinion. And dare I even think about how bad Pirate101 will be.

So when you try to get your men on the moon again, think about this:

NASA spent 12 billion dollars on a pen that works in the space. The russians used a pencil.

The exact same thing is happening in Wizard101. You try to solve such a problem, when the solution cannot be solved without certain consequences. Such as losing chat.

Hate to break it to you, but your info is incorrect. As a former NASA employee I can tell you that in the 60s NASA did not even have a billion dollar budget let alone a 12 billion dollar budget. Also, NASA's current budget is a pittance of what it used to be. It certainly is not enough to maintain a healthy space program.

On to the pen! A quick search online about a space pen will turn up additional information like, the pen you are talking about is called the Fischer Space Pen, which was developed and funded privately by Paul Fischer. Paul Fischer spent 2 million dollars developing the pent, not 12 billion. NASA did test the pen for a couple of years before going on to use it in space.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
numbly1980 wrote:
this is a clear case of cyberbulling and it is not onlt reportable but it also a felony crime with a 5 year prison sentence the law was passed in 2008.

"Being mean" is not reportable.

Harassment (unwelcome innuendos or predatory behaviour) and cursing ARE reportable, and the OP should have reported the perp as soon as he swore at her.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
"Being mean" is not reportable.

Harassment (unwelcome innuendos or predatory behaviour) and cursing ARE reportable, and the OP should have reported the perp as soon as he swore at her.
Cyberbulling is not being mean it is considered predatory behavior.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
i understand how you feel. every time i go to the commons to go to the pet pavilion, i always get made fun of by a couple of people who are lower levels. the call me a noob, and that my level that is shown is just a glitch.
i say, just ignore him, or report him and say that he really made you feel bad about your self
i know that you are not all those things, and you know too. report him, and everything he said. he most likly dose not know you in real life, and is just looking for people to hurt. dont let him know that he hurt you, then he will keep hurting you. jus report him right away, and ignore him, or make jokes about your self, to show that he is not hurtig you.
good luck

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
don't worry about people like that. something like that happened to me once but i really don't care what people say to me. i was like a lvl 47 and i had just lost my membership and i was gonna get it back soon. Anyway i was in a pvp match and some lvl 22 kept calling my team bad words and my team members were my friends and i get really really angry if some one does that to my friends and then i got in a fight with the guy who was doing that and then i match ended the other team won because they all were no less than lvl 50 and all fire so four fire dragons in a row and i was not a ice and i did not even have scarecrow yet to get my health back so we lost, but all the people kept laughing at us. Then another rude person ported and started calling me a noob a lvl 10 was calling me a noob so i was about to say a lot of bad words to him but i controlled my self. all i said to him that he was the noob not me and then he said that he is a boy and i could see that and said it would be really sad to look at a boy beating up a girl i reported him and he reported me. i mean every single person in the room was calling me and my friend really bad words. they were saying things like x punches victoria in the face and that kinda stuff. then i just told every one to shut up and boom another report came up. Then finally i just left thinking why people do that kinda stuff but honestly i really dont care about what they say to me and you should not too

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
flutterby82401 on Sep 8, 2012 wrote: I almost started crying, cause he was being so mean to me. I asked him to stop being mean and leave me alone, and he said "if you wanna be left alone then leave"
Please help stop these kind of people"

Alright, I'd just like to add my 2 crowns to a few posts in this thread. Usually I don't post on the forums, but this is a subject I'd like to address. There might be a lot of people that won't like the things I say, but seeing as how I've been playing online games for over 12+years at this point...my expertise in online behavior is as seasoned as I believe it'll ever get, and someone might actually benefit from a bit of my wisdom.

First to flutterby, you need to understand that the internet is the home for the anonymous cyber bully, the raging pimple faced teenager, and the generally cruel and unfeeling populace. Nothing will ever stop these kinds of people because as of right now...they are protected by anonymity and the safety behind their monitors. So long as there is no consequence to cyberspace cruelty, these people will continue to flourish and laugh while doing so. It's just the nature of the beast, and no amount of reporting, crying, attacking, or emotionally venting will ever change it. The world is a cruel place, and sometimes I'd even venture to say...the internet is crueler. You have to do what I eventually did: just ignore and move on. It'll never change.

gtafreak101 on Sep 9, 2012 wrote:
You cannot stop these people. Ki can't control millions of players.

This is unfortunately true. As stated from their very FAQ on quote "We're sorry, we can't enforce good manners" and so forth. This is a fact that every gaming company recognizes, and what players need to recognize as well. By all means, report offences that are stepping on KI's game rules...but take it from me, most who get banned or whatnot will likely create a new account and keep on truckin,' I've seen it a billion times.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
numbly1980 wrote:
Cyberbulling is not being mean it is considered predatory behavior.
It depends on what's being said~ because most of the statements made by the perp to the OP contain no profanity, threats, or lewd innuendos, they are considered "being mean" and are NOT reportable. But then, he swore at her, making it a ToU violation and, therefore, reportable.

As a kid, I was bullied A LOT. But the teachers didn't have to care if someone made fun of me, and the bullies often got off without so much as a slap on the wrist~ it only became reportable when the teasing escalated into death-threats. It's the same thing in-game: Mr. Lincoln & his staff won't sanction someone for being mean, but they will step in if the guilty person has broken a cardinal rule. I agree that cyberbullying is predatory behaviour, though not in the way KI has declared to be reportable.

-veebz
archmage (s) of awesomeness, Spiral Defender, WCP, human being.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
It depends on what's being said~ because most of the statements made by the perp to the OP contain no profanity, threats, or lewd innuendos, they are considered "being mean" and are NOT reportable. But then, he swore at her, making it a ToU violation and, therefore, reportable.

As a kid, I was bullied A LOT. But the teachers didn't have to care if someone made fun of me, and the bullies often got off without so much as a slap on the wrist~ it only became reportable when the teasing escalated into death-threats. It's the same thing in-game: Mr. Lincoln & his staff won't sanction someone for being mean, but they will step in if the guilty person has broken a cardinal rule. I agree that cyberbullying is predatory behaviour, though not in the way KI has declared to be reportable.

-veebz
archmage (s) of awesomeness, Spiral Defender, WCP, human being.
The way I see it...is that anyone who causes discomfort to another over cyberspace via insultive and intentionally harmful text is considered cruelty to another human being. Calling it predatory behavior is irrelevant, and even if it was, it still carries the same inherent traits of "being mean" to someone. People need to keep their eye on the ball and need to stop adding complexity where it isn't required.

I too, was bullied when I was a child, and it wasn't fun. Who here remembers going to a teacher to ask for help and getting the classic advice of "walk away" when trouble comes your way? For a long time I wanted to believe that the teachers knew what they were talking about, until I discovered that telling me to "walk away" was just another way of the teacher saying "I don't care" and trying to evade responsibility to a student. On the internet, "walking away" would be akin to using an ignore feature...but that won't even really save you when the person you ignored comes right back a few minutes later under the guise of another identity to continue tormenting you. Predatory behavior perhaps? Sounds like it...but it's the same as "being mean" to someone. No difference.

Furthermore, regarding reporting. I agree that reporting should be used, and while not with reckless abandon, it is also important that people get a reality check: just because someone gets banned because of the saving grace your reporting provided does not mean that they are gone forever. I've seen it before...they will seek vengeance by creating another account to continue their ways, and since games like Wizard101 allow free accounts, the good people of the Spiral with never be truly free of the cyberspace bully, troll, or generally "mean" person.

As I've said before, the unwanted and grim reality: this is the internet. Nothing will stop these people, and it is my belief and my experience that reporting and complaining about the unruly populace that is seemingly ruining your gaming experience is simply a temporary patch to an eternal problem. Maybe this sounds profound, but it's as simple as 2 + 2 = 4 if you really ponder it.

So what's my overall point? To disclose my desire to see people stop giving what these "mean" people want, which is simply attention. Crying and complaining on public forums, begging for KingsIsle to apply an impossible and permanent patch to generally cruel behavior, and even going as far as trying to create a "public cyberspace police force" (as I've seen some people actually talk about on these forums) in order to take matters into their own hands is only fueling the fire, and granting laughs and chuckles to those who do naughty things to good people all in the ultimate goal to experience exactly what the OP is giving them: attention.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
All I would say is: "Thank heavens for an ignore button!" and then walk away.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
almost the same thing happened to me. i was in the oasis and i just got text chat then some person was like "hey oasissy"! it was real mean. so what i did was mark the location, go to my house and when the coast was clear, i went back

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
flutterby82401 on Sep 8, 2012 wrote:
I was in the commons glitch today, and the guy up there kept going on and on about how i was dumb, fat, and unsmart in real life. He said stuff like, " like seriously you are like a land whale" or "go lose some weight you fat (cuss word)." And he said stuff like "No one likes you" or " no one wants you up here" and " annoying people like you should die, die die die, oh, there is a hole go die in it." I wanted so bad to report him, but i didnt know what i could report him for. Another thing he said was "Are you in second grade? Are you ashamed of it? oh nvm i dont wanna work your brain too hard, people like you wouldnt undrestand." I almost started crying, cause he was being so mean to me. I asked him to stop being mean and leave me alone, and he said "if you wanna be left alone then leave"

Please help stop these kind of people

Caitlin Iceblade Level 35 Magus Theurgist
Caitlin Lifeblade Level 1 Novice Theurgist
If this ever happens again (witch it is likely) then you have every right to report them. kingsisle takes this stuff very seriously. any curse words or just being super rude in general is report worthy. if they saw that then that person would probably get muted for a long time or even banned. so good luck dealing with this trash.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
There must have been a glitch in the game because wizard101 wont let you type swear words. You could have reported him for swearing. Or just ignore him by hitting the ignore button.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
Well just dont argue back two wrongs dont make a right. He is just a wanna be loser that has nothing better to do than be a jerk! Next time something like this happens ignore or report that person or just switch realms. Just remember your better than anyone who messes with you.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
I know what you mean, i let them make fun of me, it comes back to bite them later if they need help from me and my friends. This is why most of my friends are in real life.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
Flutterby: i see you in the commons allot, you are not what the person said about you! I know you, trust me don't believe what that person said!
Kaitlyn Hawkbreeze level 63
P.S we aren't friends, (yet?) well that's all see you in the game!

Survivor
Nov 20, 2012
Yes, just tonight (or whenever anybody reads this) i was insulted or bullied by someone as well as all of you who have had this happen. I know i should have reported them, but i am slightly new to this game (not too much, but I've never reported/ignored any person) plus he ran away before i knew how to react.

What happened was me and a friend were doing pvp against this guy and another one (who did not bother us at all, good for him ). They beat us, which i was not ashamed of, and this guy began insulting me. He began calling me names and things. I am young, just to let you know, so i do not understand some stuff. The guy started calling me things like: baby, noob, loser, etc. I thought it was 'extremely' rude! But, alas, not all rude people can be stopped. He continued to say that I had noob gear, a noob pet, etc. and continued insulting me. But honestly, I'm a lower level than he is, therefore what he said makes no sense seeing that it is indeed not 'noob'. Wizards that have Wizard City gear would be 'noob' gear to me, but it wouldn't be right to say that because Wizard City wizards would only be able to have that gear, so it wouldn't be the same for them! Same goes with other things. I do not quite comprehend why he did this, as he won against us, and there was no reason to start insulting me. I believe this could have been either really bad sportsmanship or just a naturally mean/having-a-bad-day person.

I think that this might have been because also my friend said 'lol' (i don't know why though) and he started attacking him with words. My friend's character is safe/menu chat and could not hear or answer, so i spoke in response. I don't remember how he began arguing with me, but it became where he was calling me rude things. I logged off afterwards, but do you guys think it would have been better if i had reported him for harassment? I think bullies and rude wizards is a very important topic to discuss.

Dakota RavenHeart lvl 29
Seth CrowPyre lvl 9