Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointment in Rude Players

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
zelda3456147 wrote:
Simply joining and then fleeing a battle is not a reason for reporting someone, it could end up being a mark against your account for false reporting.
emphasis on the "is not a reason for reporting someone". read the rules of reporting before you take the time to.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Southsister wrote:
I have been in the drum jungle about to defeat the game and there are 1 or 2 people that jump into your fight, without permission, which is rude enough!

It's in the battle with the Web Haunts. Then as soon as you get 3 or 4 of them to battle, they flee the fight, leaving you alone to fight 3 or 4 monsters who are nearly 3000 points apiece!

This is so rude! This has happened to me repeatedly. Next time it does, I'm going to try and catch thier names and report them.

Behavior like this really ruins the game experience for everyone!

Thanks for letting me rant!

No AoE is too weak for Zafaria, just aim for that and say good game.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Southsister wrote:
I have been in the drum jungle about to defeat the game and there are 1 or 2 people that jump into your fight, without permission, which is rude enough!

It's in the battle with the Web Haunts. Then as soon as you get 3 or 4 of them to battle, they flee the fight, leaving you alone to fight 3 or 4 monsters who are nearly 3000 points apiece!

This is so rude! This has happened to me repeatedly. Next time it does, I'm going to try and catch thier names and report them.

trust me the only reason you want to report them is so they can get banned not for the safety of this game.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
slammer111 wrote:
I am not sure a battle lock can be a good idea (trolls taking up battle spaces, not letting other join in places like plaza of conquests, dungeons, etc.) Though, when questing in Zafaria, make sure you always have a friend online, to help you if this happens, is about the only thing I can recommend.

I wouldn't use it much because I don't mind when people jump in my battles, but I just mean for other people who are bugged by it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
watsupdog111 wrote:
Southsister wrote:

trust me the only reason you want to report them is so they can get banned not for the safety of this game.

Or they get muted for however many days...

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
It seems the Commons no longer have a corner on the market for the bad language and behavior of some of the wizards anymore.
I was going through the marketplace and lo and behold, there were some wizards exhibiting foul language and behavior. I warned one of them about his language; not too sure he listened to me. :x

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
well u cant do much acpect block him or her . or report but u get banned for fasle reporting ( i think cuz i dont read things threw poperly)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
ssss55123 wrote:
It seems the Commons no longer have a corner on the market for the bad language and behavior of some of the wizards anymore.
I was going through the marketplace and lo and behold, there were some wizards exhibiting foul language and behavior. I warned one of them about his language; not too sure he listened to me. :x

Don't bother to warn them if the language and behavior is foul. Just report them..... I only warn them if the language is mild, but won't give an example as it would not be appropriate here either. Unfortunately, most don't listen or will turn on you and you don't want to get into a battle of words with them and end up getting yourself banned.

Also, if you don't warn them, they don't know who reported them unless you are the only other person around. For all they know, it may have been someone in the immediate group. You will have to be quick and to the point if reporting more than one, although when you report one, KI will take a look at all the chat in the timeframe and catch anyone else that is involved.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
ssss55123 wrote:
You should have reported the offender. There will be foul language everywhere, we just gotta report it :)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
ssss55123 wrote:

Young Wizard, please use the report button in these times you hear foul language. You are right it is definitely unacceptable for a family game and should not be said. But there are those who are older (not saying that means they can curse) that will use this language. If it annoys you to your boiling point, press ignore, and if you have open chat, i'd consider getting text chat for not as much cursing. As the game grows, there will be more of this but we must fight through it.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
colas857 wrote:
well u cant do much acpect block him or her . or report but u get banned for fasle reporting ( i think cuz i dont read things threw poperly)

reporting for foul language is not false reporting, nor is reporting for abusive behavior... though some people especially children tend to use foul language without intending it to be foul others couple their language with intent to harm or with intent to use and abuse people and need to be reported for it

Survivor
Sep 02, 2011
Well, I have noticed that it's just not in Wizard City but everywhere. I had a friend that was asking me for help but I had my chat balloons turned off so I didn't know. When I checked, he had cursed me but used the words that could be written and not the actual word itself, but I understood what he meant. I reported him, put him on my ignore list, and that's that. I just wish that KingsIsle and Wizard101 can do something to put a stop to this once and for all. This is suppose to be a fun game where you can meet other people and fight monsters together, not a place where people get mad over the fact that someone won't help them, or in my case didn't even know they were asking in the first place.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Very good advice. I am an older player and have been teaching for almost 30 years now. As I tell my students, "People cuss because they do not have a big enough vocabulary to express themselves well." I've said this a few times to players on here. Usually they shut up because to continue to cuss implies they have a small vocabulary. lol So, pat yourself on the back for having the ability and range of words to adequately express yourself. :) .

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

Jalicer (I hope I got your name correct), I agree with your statement about people cussing because of teir lack of a better vocabulary. I was told the very same thing by my mother and I told the same to my sons.

And to Hunteray (again, I hope I got your name correctly) I have to thank you for calling me young! :) Since I'm considered an older player, when I'm called young, I have to smile. :D

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Delver
Apr 10, 2010

Hmm, grammar police now? lol Its been a very, very long time since I was in school.

As for the incorrect usage of our language and spelling, I try to bite my "tongue" and deal with it when I read these message boards, instead of pointing out others' faulty use of English.

I had someone try to "school" me once in a battle. I was attempting to count from one to three in Spanish. I texted uno and another wizard said "Dear, uno is a card game." So think before correcting others, please. Would you enjoy being "schooled" ?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
If you tell them you will report them if they don't stop,they'll just say that stuff once you leave.Report them.You might get in trouble for not doing anything.That's what happened to my friend.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I try to stay in the emptier realms. There is much less "chatter".

Explorer
May 10, 2011
my friends and others keep thinking that that wasnt' nice was that was nice and they keep everytime saying no no when i say do you want to see my house they keep booting me so i deleted them they say please go away please go away its hurting my feelings i just reported one the won who was being the most rude. its hurting me i cant just stop saying boo hoo and they wont stop. please help me with this. please help me!

Administrator

Let's start with teaching you how to use the Ignore button. If these people are on your friends list, they don't deserve to be. You can remove them and never have them bother you again by clicking on their name in your friends list and clicking the Ignore button. Easy as that!

Now to make new friends go adventure in the world, politely ask groups or individuals if they will help you on a quest, or need help with theirs. The kinder you are, the nicer people will be to you. You will make better friends that way, and you can continue to use the Ignore button for those people who do not deserve to be your friend.

Don't report someone for simply being mean to you - that's considered a false report. Instead of using the report button for rudeness, yes the Ignore button.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jul 21, 2009
maka05 wrote:
my friends and others keep thinking that that wasnt' nice was that was nice and they keep everytime saying no no when i say do you want to see my house they keep booting me so i deleted them they say please go away please go away its hurting my feelings i just reported one the won who was being the most rude. its hurting me i cant just stop saying boo hoo and they wont stop. please help me with this. please help me!

Like Professor Greyrose said they don't deserve to be your friend. if you need help i can help you what your wizard name and what Realm do you hang in am lvl 80 and taken a small break from lvling my other wizards I'll be help you help when i can. good luck and don't let others get you down. :)

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Its getting very old, players come in to bring more monsters in, then leave. Newbies that do that. Why can't we be asked if players to join in. Some times they get pulled in, but the same players who keeps doing this? I have had in the past newbies who just wanted to bug me. They click on me and leave to thier place and keep talking trash to me. I change world to get away from them. This site is to be family setting. Its hard to report the guy when you don't know their name.
I just wish players could have this game as fun. kids who don't get thier parents to see them, don't take it out on others. Have fun playing this game is where it should be @. I am glad wiz101 made this game. Keep up with the good work.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
e4e5nc3 wrote:
Its getting very old, players come in to bring more monsters in, then leave. Newbies that do that. Why can't we be asked if players to join in. Some times they get pulled in, but the same players who keeps doing this? I have had in the past newbies who just wanted to bug me. They click on me and leave to thier place and keep talking trash to me. I change world to get away from them. This site is to be family setting. Its hard to report the guy when you don't know their name.
I just wish players could have this game as fun. kids who don't get thier parents to see them, don't take it out on others. Have fun playing this game is where it should be @. I am glad wiz101 made this game. Keep up with the good work.

I know what you mean- I was helping some friends in the Crystal Caves last night, and another friend (who was level 20-something) ported into our fight, then fled. Since this kid has been using me as his personal teleport pad for a while, I finally deleted him.

As for your other issue (these people talking trash to you), just click on them and press the Ignore button. Unfortunately, "being rude" is not reportable- that will get /you/ sanctioned for false reporting. But if the other person is threatening you or swearing around the filter, that's harassment, and you need to report it. This is a great game, and those people who engage in abusive language or behaviour wreck it for everyone.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
e4e5nc3 wrote:

Rudeness will always be around. Unfortunately.

There is way to break all connections if this person has spoken during the course of the battle. As soon as the battle ends, click on them or their name in the chat box, in their stat box, HIT IGNORE. But be sure if you are going to report someone, it is for a reportable offense.