Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
riri330 on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
Lol that's pretty funny
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465
Haha thx

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
11. When you play another game and run into enemies and wonder why the battle hasn't started.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2014
Ok if you wanna know when you've been playing too much, it's when you are 10 levels in front of what you should be for where you are in questing!!!!! I was actually once level 60 something and still in Marley........ Now i'm level 71 and in Zafaria.......... the very beginning. :P
Ashley Spriteshield- level 71
Esmee Hawkeyes- level 17

Lindsey Jadeglen- level 5 (my other account, no member)

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Blaze5364 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Wizard City, Krokatopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria. Im just gonna stop there.
Chronologically, it would be:

Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Grizzleheim, Celestia, Wysteria, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, and Polaris. I'm sure they'll add more worlds in future updates.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I have to say I have had many Wizard101 dreams.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
is it bad that number 9 is true for me? i always want my cousins to play with me

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
you know you play wizard101 to much when you grab a stick and say its a wand and start drawing life symbols

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
lifemythmaster on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
10 you have text chat
9 you find yourself getting up at midnight to play it
8 you try to duel people
7 you get a pet owl and name it Gamma
6 your a grand master on the forum
5 if you see someone dressed in white you say help lost soul
4 you call your ginger cat fire cat
3 you help people then think you leveled up
2 you see Buckingham palace and call it barkingham palace
1 you spend $1000000000000 dollars on wizard101 and a computer
10 wouldn't be a real one

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
if you start saying during a test "I need mana!"

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
You've stayed up the majority of the night sidequesting for xp that seemingly isn't worth it, expending your sleep hours just to quest.

Yes. I've done this. But KI made a great game, anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me

Thanks for all the hard work, Kingsisle XD

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
when a snake bites you and you defend yourself with a magic stick casting a scarab

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
mario king on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
10 wouldn't be a real one
10 is actually the most realistic one. Any teen/tween or child and adult has text chat if they have a phone.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Except it isnt called text chat

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
When you dedicate all time not working to discovering the new worlds.

Survivor
May 12, 2012
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Ah yes. All of the time. I go everywhere humming songs from Wizard101. People always say, "Hey, that song sounds familiar, what song is it?" I guess they have been playing Wizard101 too.

Survivor
May 26, 2016
These are so funny guys, keep it up!
You know you have been playing W101 too much when:

10.Instead of saying i need a drink you say i need to refill my potions. (guilty)
9.You see a guy with dreadlocks and go run in front of him and say BRING IT ON MALISTARE!
8.You pick up a stone, color it purple and insist that its a perfect amethyst.
7.Whenever you see a stick you think ooo i need mistwood!
6.Instead of calling your pet cat its normal name you call it duke pheobe. (guilty)
5.When you fall off your bike and people exclaim "Are you hurt! You say nah i can just use a pixie.
4.You go into your class and expect to learn a new spell.
3.You get given a test in class and say does it cheat? (Also expecting a new spell afterwards)
2.Instead of going to a really cool party you stay home and play W101. (guilty)
1.You go up to a tree and expect it to speak to you. (guilty) Yes that is the weirdest thing but i am so guilty for that.
Those are my top 10!

Destiny Sc
Jessica Lh

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
When your friend misses in a game or baseball/sports and you say "Fizzle"

Survivor
Mar 14, 2012
You know you are playing Wizard101 when you start looking at loans to pay for crowns.

Explorer
May 27, 2012
This one is absolutely majestic...

In school, you are asked to do a report on Rome.

Since you are addicted to Wizard101, it will take you only 48 hours.
In school, you read out your report to the class and no one gets it.

"In Rome, all the cities are separated into three tiers. All of them are inhabited by scary dragons, zombies, giant spiders, and ghost knights. There are also warlords that help people out, but they have silly Eastern European accents.
On Tier 1, there are out-of-place towers where they store crystals, but the zombies guard them. Evil pirates run riots in the streets too. There's even a plaza where you can farm a giant demon elephant to get an evil grim reaper for a pet! You'll reach a giant chasm where they have vaults where the enemies are totally overpowered, too.
On Tier 2, you can stop at a town where a sassy crystal ghost sends you to a hatchery haunted by even more ghost knights! Then you go through a battle arena where they wear turtleneck sweaters that cover half of their face!
On Tier 3, you can enroll in an academy that only teaches pyromancy and necromancy, and a weird place surrounded by green and purple crystals!
It's all dominated by a volcano where an evil wizard commandeers a giant dragon!!!"

You ended up failing the test.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
You know you've been playing when you become as attached to your school as you would a sports team. Team Balance rules!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
queenbee123410 on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
You know you are playing Wizard101 when you start looking at loans to pay for crowns.
No. Just no. That's taking it way too far.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
coolio6384 on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:
Ok if you wanna know when you've been playing too much, it's when you are 10 levels in front of what you should be for where you are in questing!!!!! I was actually once level 60 something and still in Marley........ Now i'm level 71 and in Zafaria.......... the very beginning. :P
Ashley Spriteshield- level 71
Esmee Hawkeyes- level 17

Lindsey Jadeglen- level 5 (my other account, no member)
I was level 72 at the beginning of Zafaria. I decided to complete every side quest in the first arc including Grizzleheim and Wysteria. I also did a lot of dungeons.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
...you legit argue with friends about whether your Prime Minister is more of a balance guy, a fire guy, or maybe from the star school

...you have an app on your phone that counts rounds between bone dragon 'clearance' at Malistaire in Darkmoor

...you set your alarm for some impossible wee-hours wake-up call so you can squeeze another 30 energy into a pet during Double Pet XP member benefit

...a kid from church looks at a Peanuts comic of Pigpen and points to the cloud of dirt around the cartoon character and says 'may cast virulence!'

...you have names for all your IRL pets that are gender-mismatched. Sir Stella, Lady Charlie, Queen Henry

...you are surprised to find out that IRL trumpet vines have hardly any needs at all (but not at all surprised to learn that they reseed like mad and can take over your yard)

Survivor
Nov 25, 2015
you printed out spells and made a spellbook.#i wizard101.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Ten things, let's see, hmmm so hard to choose...

1) I've been playing this game since I started middle school
2) Three days after I started playing my mom woke me up in the middle of the night and asked me to teach her how to play Wizard101
3) Three days after that I spent a whole Saturday helping my brother and sister with playing Wizad101
4) I've become completely obsessed with the lore of the game
5) I have an entire series of Wizard101 fan fiction sitting on my computer that I never shown to anyone
6) I have a small gallery of my Wizad101 fan art on my computer (again that I've never shown to anyone)
7) I drove my dad so crazy by talking about Wizard101 I am now banned from talking about any video game in his car (forever I might add)
8) After defeating Malistaire I counted down the days till the release of the second story arc
9) I've spent goodness knows how much money on crowns over the past few months
10) I'm starting college classes tomorrow and still obsessed with Wizard101

I may or may not have a serious problem.