Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2012
Stormgem307 on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
You look for frosted drakes at cereal isle at the grocery store and ask the store clerk why they don't have frosted drakes.

You dress up as something wizard101 related for Halloween
You built a maze in your backyard to increase your pets intelligence
You tried crafting your own treats for your pets like hot and sour bits and misfortune cookies
You write a letter to the government asking if instead of president of the United States can it be headmaster of the US
You can't find Mooshu cheddar at the grocery store and flip out
You think the currency should be gold instead of dollars
You want to discover celestia so you jump into the ocean
You go to the bank and ask to buy crowns
You freak out and scream if you're about to be defeated (sometimes me LOL)
Your room is full of everything Wizard101
You make tons of these posts on this topic (ME!!)
You constantly ask your friends to play
You'd rather stay up all night playing than sleep
You search all over town trying to find the bazaar
Your growing tomatoes in your yard hoping that they turn into killer tomatoes
You argue to your teacher that aquila is Greece and that London is really marleybone
You don't want to go to a family trip to China because you think the plague oni is spreading disease there
You play so much that you're embarrassed to play in front of your family (OMG ME)
You think you know everything about the game
You ask your neighbor if they have any spare healing treasure cards.
You go around town looking for morganthe or malistaire
Hahah maybe I should stop there XD
Expanding on the first one...

When someone asks you for Frosted Drakes and you tell them, "Aisle 3 next to the Belladonna Crisps."

Also...

When you could swear there was a fictional character in literature named Pippi Longfizzle.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
Your in a store And you see the lines and the crowds of people and you try to go and switch realms... Well that didnt work out.. Still had to wait 45 mins in a line. what a bummer that was

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
When you say Sherlock Bones instead of Sherlock Holmes.....

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
I already knew I was addicted but.. wow.. Ive done all of these I even got my dad hooked!

Defender
May 17, 2014
When you play Wizard101 7 hours a day, and do your homeowrj either right before school or in school.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2014
Nicole ShadowSong on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
When you play Wizard101 7 hours a day, and do your homeowrj either right before school or in school.
Or you don't do your homework at all and are failing AP calc and Chemistry D:

Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
When you daydream about Wizard101 while you are at work.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
icyiceman437 on Sep 25, 2009 wrote:
If you all of a sudden see somebody dressed up in dark and say " OH ITS malistaire!"
Lol

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
1. After having your friends introduce you to it, show it to your family (3 cousins, 2 aunts, an uncle, my brother, and my mom and dad)

2. When you constantly are making references to it, until the people around you say they don't get it.

3. Last but not least; buying your friend a mastery amulet for their birthday, only for them to get the same amulet as a drop. Then you think that they nerfed the drop rate for a day or two, and farm for 3 hours to get one, but never do.

Guilty as charged :D

Gavin MythBreaker level 91

Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
ooo! ooo! let me try!
1. steal people's furniture.
2. pick up everything you find.
3. ask strangers if they need help.
4. do their task anyway.
5. visit all around the world.
6. duel random people if you touch them.
7. never go to school, and only go if you or your teachers need(s) something

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Think about this: You are surrounded by annoying people. You think, "Time to switch realms." Then you realize you can't. :P

Survivor
Apr 05, 2013
Whenever you think of the amber gemstone, your mind always races back to when amber first got released and how frustratingly difficult to use to be to obtain.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
Haha! Niceeee! ohhhh i gotta good 1! You think that when you are left alone or you get out of the shower Gamma the owl will be there to take you to Wizard City! I have dreams about that!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
IamLezul on Nov 8, 2009 wrote:
U know your playing WAYY too much when you get ready to teleport to your house in the middle of a long drive. LOL, yah i do this too much.

HIA2W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(HELP, I'M ADDICTED 2 WIZARD101!)
oh same!!! sometimes i just wanna teleport back to my house!! LOL

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
Got to say 10,9,8,7,and 6 Because I have done all of those lol

Morgan Dreamthief Level 84 and

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
1) You know you've been playing too much if you put (Insert Level and Type Here) Wizard on your resume.
2) If you try to summon a creature in real life with Pokemon cards
3) You scream, "NOOOOOO!!!" when you hear someone say weakness or tower shield
4) If you stare at the screen in disbelief for an hour when you log on and realize that your membership ended
5) If you point at Dumbledore and think it's actually Merle Ambrose
6) You try mashing some wood and rocks together to make a sword
7) If you try to sell something for gold coins
8) If you have a secret shrine to Moolinda Wu in your basement
9) If you stay on sidewalks to make sure no one fights you
10) If you carry a backpack around 24/7 to stuff anything you find within it

Note: Bonus points if you got 2) to work

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Patrick Soulfist on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
1) You know you've been playing too much if you put (Insert Level and Type Here) Wizard on your resume.
2) If you try to summon a creature in real life with Pokemon cards
3) You scream, "NOOOOOO!!!" when you hear someone say weakness or tower shield
4) If you stare at the screen in disbelief for an hour when you log on and realize that your membership ended
5) If you point at Dumbledore and think it's actually Merle Ambrose
6) You try mashing some wood and rocks together to make a sword
7) If you try to sell something for gold coins
8) If you have a secret shrine to Moolinda Wu in your basement
9) If you stay on sidewalks to make sure no one fights you
10) If you carry a backpack around 24/7 to stuff anything you find within it

Note: Bonus points if you got 2) to work
OMG I have done that while watching harry potter and I'm like,"That's Merle Ambrose" when I see Dumbledore. I've tried number 6... it didn't work. And I have a shrine to Professor Greyrose in my room.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Maycast on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
Your in a store And you see the lines and the crowds of people and you try to go and switch realms... Well that didnt work out.. Still had to wait 45 mins in a line. what a bummer that was
Yeah once in school I was meeting up with my friend in the library, And she said she was there but I didn't see her so I'm like "Maybe we are on different realms" And she was completely confused cause she doesn't play Wizard101 but I found her so no worries. I honestly thought I was going crazy though.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
One way you know you have been playing too much wizard101 is that if your always talking about getting a membership or crowns to your friend and you don't even talk to them about anything other than wizard101.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2012
If you find yourself looking behind buildings or in little gaps for the smiths, beetles, etc...

LOL
Kayla Raincloud41

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
i don't need any of these to know how much i play :D

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I thought of some more

1.You make the school symbols out of paper and hang them on string all over your house.
2. You run around with a stick saying "This is my (insert name of wand here) wand and I'm not afraid to use it.

3.You send TONS of spam to KI begging for 7 characters.

Melissa Golden Gem Level 40

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
kooch1 on Nov 29, 2009 wrote:
Ways to tell you been playing w101 too much are: You are ALWAYS making real life refrences to w101, You hum all songs in w101 in ONE DAY ( and there are a lot i heard all of them -) , you try to cast a spell to do your home work so you can JUST get back to w101.

Christo FireHeart LVL 42 Pyromancer
I just use W101 as a motivation! I got 30 math probs done in 20 min! ^_^

Ellie ThunderBlossom Adept Diviner
Ellie LifeBlossom Journeyman Thurgist

Wizard101 FTW!

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

I do so often it is almost unbelievable. I hum all the songs when I'm on or off the game!!!!! LOL so addicted!!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
When you're at home, feeling like you got hit by a truck and throwing up every 5 minutes but you insist on whipping out your laptop and playing w101 because it's the perfect time to farm that boss for that amulet you wanted.

^ That's totally me

Delaney Icestaff 43

Paige Shadowthorn 20