Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

ya i do!

christo mythspera lvl 35 myth

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Ok. After reading several I figured I should offer this:

You spend 17 years of your life helping an elderly grandparent because you have no full-time job so that you can have a roof over your head, and after being evicted by them with the help of the courts so that relatives can sleep better at night gloating about their grand accomplishment, you spend most of 2012 poor, broke and jobless while waiting nearly four months for local government agencies to assist you in finding a job.

Or you spend almost 16 to 20 hours playing Wizard101 because all the people you held dear to your structure as a person has abandoned you, and you can take your aggression out on the allies of Malistaire and Morganthe.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
When doing laundry you count your socks... pair of socks found! (4 of 12 collected).

Survivor
May 31, 2011
You start typing in your username for wizard 101 when you are logging on to the school PCs

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
  • 1. You make up a 12 days of christmas in the spiral song( p.s. I did so dont copy me). 2. You pick up a snow ball and and throw it at your brother and say over and over again - 25 health 3. You brake a pencil and say "dang it I fizzled!" 4. While on a bus you say "man i wish I could ride my swift shark to school" 5. You try to trade rocks for alowence money 6. You watch Clash of the Titans and yell "Hey a frost giant!" 7. You call your dog a Heck Hound 8. You see a mushrom and call it a boom shrom 9. You try to duel someone at school or your job 10. You go around and ask people which school is your favorite
( I just list these at random order I didnt realy ask people this)

Most of those I did so try to think about reality before you have an erge to take out your wand and deafet Malister.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
My brother is totally obsessed with Wizard101! When I'll be on my laptop, he begs my mom to get off of hers and begs me to play with him. If I don't play with him, he gets angry. My mom often has to ask her computer back so she can go on it. XD

Also, same with my cousin. He has made several accounts just to see what all the schools are like and he's around level fourteen on all of them. XD

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
sacktock on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
You start typing in your username for wizard 101 when you are logging on to the school PCs
That happens to me all the time

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
1. When you ask all your friends if they play.
2. When you ask one of your friends if they play sooo much they start playing.

Both of these happened to me.

Paige Fairydreamer
Level 39 when message was made

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Brivid on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
My brother is totally obsessed with Wizard101! When I'll be on my laptop, he begs my mom to get off of hers and begs me to play with him. If I don't play with him, he gets angry. My mom often has to ask her computer back so she can go on it. XD

Also, same with my cousin. He has made several accounts just to see what all the schools are like and he's around level fourteen on all of them. XD
Sounds like Santa Wizard needs to get your brother a computer of his own so that all three of you can play together.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
I have been playing Wizard101 too much because I am having fun. Lol. Also, how do I know all the names of spells?

I am Scarlet MistCloud and I am a fire wizard.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
You know you play Wizard 101 a lot when everybody you know know's it too

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
I think I play Wizard101 WAY to much lol I am just in with this fantastic MMORPG game.

Survivor
May 17, 2012
Help!!! I'm addicted too!

10:you start learning the wizard language (now,what does that say again...)

9:when you used up all your sick days to play you call in quit

8:you have used up all your spare time on the game (guilty)

7:you try to make a wand (I tried but it's a long lance that has a moon magic effect!)

6:when you have a lousy teacher you call him Cyrus (no offence to myth)

5:after playing food fight on wizard 101 you try it in real life (that was a huge mess...)

4:you learn sewing to try to make your outfit (considering what I wear... Not possible)

3:when you walk down the street in your robes if you managed to make them (my friend got weird looks...)

2:You dislike your birthday because your afraid you'll end up like the headmaster

1:you think of wizard 101 wherever you go!

Help!!! I'm addicted!

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
  • You are always carrying a deck of cards to wherever you go.
  • You go to a zoo and say " Can we go see the Helephants?"
  • You try to make your own wand, and it doesnt work.
  • You keep tapping your compass, but it doesn't show you the names of places.
  • You carve out the inside of a tree, but you can't find the door inside
  • You are always picking up stones, wood, scrap metal, and poisonous mushrooms.
  • You look in your fridge for square watermelon, and a king banana.
  • You get to school and you say "What spell am I learning today".
  • You want a broomstick, a pony, and a hydra for your Birthday.
  • You are actually reading this post.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
I've been playing for 5 hours straight. Really crazyLOL

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Top 7 reasons to show you’re addicted to Wizard101

You punish your kids by forcing them to level up your low level wizard. (Is that child abuse?) You wake up 30 minutes early before work just to use pet energy to level up a pet, so when you come home 10 hours later, your pet energy is back to full. You steal ….. ….errrrrrr……borrow crowns you gave your kids. You don’t return the borrowed crowns. You suggest bringing in dinner instead of going out so you have more time to play wizards You have more than three (3) Warlords. You begin dialog with your kids with, “Let me tell you what happened in my last PVP”.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
You can open your backpack and go through the inventory, cards, etc while going to your next quest location without even using the arrow or actually look where your going.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
MikeStrath wrote:
I think these ought to be the #1 and #2 indicators.

Though maybe having Dreams about your characters should slide in there someplace.
um nooooooooooo XD i do some times

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
I'm in big trouble! I stopped playing for about 5 months got guilty of having a membership and not using it, got back on at the middle of summer in 2012 and I was in marleybone being called a noob. 1 week later I get out of marleybone and into mooshu, 5 days later out of mooshu, 1 week later out of dragonspyre! 2 weeks later out of celestia. Now I in Zafaria I prolly have about 5-6 quests left and I'll be into Avalon. So lol you can tell I play way too much! I'm very sry to all my wizard101 teachers

Mindy HexCrafter
Balance Lvl 72

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
start132 wrote:
Haha I have dreams about my friends in Wizard101 which are very weird Lol

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Simple Sorcery on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
Top 7 reasons to show you’re addicted to Wizard101

You punish your kids by forcing them to level up your low level wizard. (Is that child abuse?) You wake up 30 minutes early before work just to use pet energy to level up a pet, so when you come home 10 hours later, your pet energy is back to full. You steal ….. ….errrrrrr……borrow crowns you gave your kids. You don’t return the borrowed crowns. You suggest bringing in dinner instead of going out so you have more time to play wizards You have more than three (3) Warlords. You begin dialog with your kids with, “Let me tell you what happened in my last PVP”.
Now I have to say those are funny!

Here is one I had happen to me:

You know you play too much Wizard101 when your bank sends you a notice asking if all of the Crowns purchases are legit.

Yes. I purchase crowns when they are $1 / 1000c (The $60.00 choice for 60,000c) and I buy them often. About 30-40 times total (around $1800.00 to be exact) all within a few months. I laughed after sending a reply saying that I approve all those transactions. xD

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
....If it snows then you yell: "Yay! The ice wizards made it snow!"

Survivor
May 11, 2011
You know when every old guy looks like Merle Ambrose and you expect your dog or cat to cast a Spritely.
Also, you think you are under Malistaire's power when you begin to understand math, or you want to go to China just to see a Ninja Pig. You begin to delete all the songs on your I-pod because they don't sound like the Wizard 101 theme. Or, every time you see a storm you think a storm wizard is casting a spell. Also, if you trip and scrape your knee at rescess, you expect your friend to heal you. Or, at the holidays, you decorated your tree to look like Bartlebey. Also, you never cross the street because you are afraid you'll get into battle with a car.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
I think these ought to be the #1 and #2 indicators.

Though maybe having Dreams about your characters should slide in there someplace.
That always happens to me, lolz lolz.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I start humming theme music all the time lol.