Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2014
You know every post on the message board

You name your pets stuff like miss sugar

MAKING MORE SOON :DD

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015
When you are out with a friend in a pool (who doesn't know you play Wiz) as you scream and splash them with water over and over and yell "TEMPESSSSST!". The look of confusion that followed was worth it.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
xD
Ohhh man...
I must be in trouble...
Sometimes, I'll take a stick when I'm outside and perform spells without even thinking about it.

I do all the motions, and when I finally realize what I'm doing, I laugh and continue to do it.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Awgeewhiz on Sep 24, 2009 wrote:
7 When a friend of yours does something embarrasing and you exclaim: "Boy, you just fizzled!".
hahahahahaha rofl

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
Ooh! I Got A New Wand! A Four Bells Ringing!

Me: Bro It's Just A Priceless Sword
Um No Its Four Bells Ringing
Later...

Ooh My Beta's Fish Bowl I need Those Riches!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2014
-Wishing you could have the super power to travel into computer games solely so you can go into the game in real life.
-Memorizing your characters wand movement and doing it with anything that is close in size and shape (guilty)
-Trying to dress up exactly like your character for Halloween (not guilty... yet. I'm going to though)
-Having daydreams about Wizard101 with me in it, modifying stuff like battling so it could be plausible (guilty)
-Doing the school quiz for everyone you can do it on so you can imagine them in the game (guilty)
-Seeing a red fox and thinking Heckhound! (Not me)
-Wanting an orange cat so you can name it after your firecat in the game (That is so me)
-Signing stuff off with your wizard name, level, and school, and maybe location (Not me... yet)
-Getting frustrated when you have to log off. (Yup, sounds like me)
-Singing We're off to see the wizards, the wonderful wizards of the Spiral (I made that up)

Emma Frostcloud
Pyromancer
Level 42

Explorer
Dec 30, 2014
I once had a dream that class changing, character renaming, and a 7th chair opening up were made possible, in addition to a "cosmetic item" in the crown shop that allowed you to change your base hair and eye color, along with your face and skin etc.

(Now make my dreams real! lol, no, really, I'd pay for a name change token at the very least)

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
You get every gamer you know to try W101 and get angry when they all want to solo.
You say "fizzle" instead of cursing when bad things happen.
You listen to W101 themed podcasts.
You do fan art of all your characters and plan on doing one each time they upgrade their gear.
You trip and fall and blame it on Cyrus Drake's Earthquake.
You try to crochet top hats for your pet rodents.
You turn up your nose to all your other games because you have people to save in the Spiral.
You examine your fish for school types.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
...when other people in your house, who don't even play wiz, now "get" jokes about the Greater Paul and Dee Snidee
...when you have a screenshot of a spreadsheet showing your harvest schedule as your desktop so you always know where you are in any gardener's duty cycle
...when you flounder in other games because left-arrow and right-arrow are NOT 'strafe left' and 'strafe right' in wiz
...you're pretty sure your dog is part icehound because dat cold nose in your ear in the morning
...when you're on vacation all you can think about is 'oh no did I log out in my garden'
...when a friend you haven't seen in ages logs on and you can't remember who they are
...you pick a deserted realm so you can khrulhu at leisure without listening to the groans of impatient teammates
...your answering machine message says "We're stuck in a dungeon right now but we'll get back to you as soon as possible"
...your ringtone is the Morganthe battle music
...you eat more broccoli and cactus fruit now that you know it's good for your school

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Kmahoney101 on Jan 20, 2011 wrote:
You know when you have been playing wizard101 too much for these reasons
1. when you talk randomly about wizard101 ALL the time.
2. whenever you see a chicken you call it Ra
3. you try to convince everyone you know to make a wizard101 account
4. when you go to the supermarket and say " I have ten gold in here somewhere"
5. think sticks in your backyard are wizard wands
Aedan Ogrecatcher level 32 myth
i do # 3 to EVERYONE i see!

Then i tell them you have to pay for membership and theyre like ummmm no thank you!

then im like: OMGGG HOW DARE YOUUU

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I have convinced my dad and sister to join.
I am getting a new computer (for just games in general, not just wizard101)
I do have dreams of wizard101 (not about the extra chair)

I also create drawings of my wizard and put them on my wall

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
coolkc456884 on Dec 12, 2010 wrote:
Lolz! I am SO addicted. Did you know i'm on Wizard101 everyday for at least 3 hours? Then When i'm at my grandma's house I dont have limited time so all I do is play Wizard101 NON-STOP all day except to eat and go to the bathroom I: Then multiple times i've pretended I am sick and dont go to school just to be on Wizard101. I've also repeatedly asked my friends to join Wizard101 so I have more excuses of staying home from school!!! LOL! TOP THAT PEOPLES!!! :) :D :-o 8)
Ummm... maybe having to create more than everybody else did, just because i keep forgetting the password?
Then... constantly deleting and creating wizards, just because i couldn't get membership?
Maybe... Playing this game more than 3 hours, just because i can?
What about... playing this game over and over, because i just don't get bored?(while other games took about a week to get boring)
Using my moms lap top, JUST to play, because my own lap top was taken over by the adults(that also took some time, 'cause none of the mouses in the house were working)
Worying about garden plants and hoping that i won't have to use the 20 ENERGY costing revive, because my pet has been an adult for too long. (soooooo guilty)
Constantly planing for how much time i will wait for a dungeon before soloing it.
Planing EVERYTHING that i will do when i get on.
Secretly typing here because my parents made a time limit, that i absolutely HATE!
Getting 2 levels every hour.(still going)

Is that good enough?
Fiona Dreamer lvl 32and Mooshu helper!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
I've had a dream about me playing pvp. When I woke up my hands were moving like I was controlling my character. I literally wrote down strategies for my wizard...

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
#10 You can't wait for the next KI live to see what is new
#09 Wizard battle music plays in your head at random times
#08 the "ska gla" sound that draconians make when they get hit is something you have found yourself doing when you get hurt
#07 you can find your way around WC without really looking where you are going
#06 you make badges IRL and wear them to school/work: "Mastermind" "One in a Million" "Master Diplomat"
#05 You fish, therefore, you are
#04 you love playing wiz trivia with your friends asking random questions only someone who was a W101 addict would know
#03 your lullaby is the WC or AV theme or something else somewhat soothing
#02 you have no patience for lots of things IRL but when it comes to waiting in game, it doesn't seem bad
#01 you feel like you truly have a personal relationship with your school professor and will randomly go visit them and talk to them "just cuz"

Survivor
Feb 23, 2014
when you can not stop talking about the game

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
When I play chess in my chess club and I realize I make a mistake, I recoil like I took damage sometimes

then the other person looks at me funny for the rest of the game lol

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
10. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
9. Having dreams about your characters
8. Having multiple nightmares about someone getting to that housing item before you do
7. You have more then one account
6. You are walking down the street and randomly pick up sticks, rocks and pieces of scrap metal
5. Respond to the name of your wizard
4. Call a classmate the name of your pet on Wizard101
3. When you log off, you can still hear the music
2. Malistaire pops up in your dreams.
1. 'I can't right now, doing a super-hard dungeon' becomes a daily excuse

Guilty of all of these

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
i am guilty of most of them when i stop playing wizard101 for more than 1 week i srsly think i can hear the music in wizard101 thats the most one i am guilty of and all so having allot of day dreams about it and trying to cast a spell when in class and everyone looks at you

Cody dragonspear 110

Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
And I though I played too much Wizard101! Wow...

Kane DeathMask, Wizard

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Another reason you know you play wizard101 too much, you get stuck in krokotopia because you run out of crowns and beg your parents for a membership and work on your character every day, and get from lvl 15 to lvl 30 just from street battles, and then 6 years later finally get a membership and go from krokotopia to Celestia in a weekend.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2015
Oh man I just scored 1-10... ~

Survivor
Aug 21, 2014
I had the dream of leveling up but it was from my cousin's point of view, he's level 110

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
You know you have played Wizard101 too much when:
1. You know how to speed quest/speed level
2. You think about your garden when you aren't online
3. You get excited over leveling up/getting a rare item, reagent, or snack
4. You plan out what you will do on Wizard101 before you even get on
5. You actually enjoy sitting in the commons or watching other people pvp
6. You have bought crowns just to open packs
7. You spend countless hours farming for something that will make you slightly better
8. You say goodnight to your wizards when you log out
9. You own a Lifebane tc, a Dampen magic tc, or a balance cloak tc
10. You have a pet with no talents because you trained it before talents existed
11. You have reached the max cap multiple times on the same wizard (i.e max level is increased and you reach it again)
12. You have full malistaire gear (level 100) on all of your characters that are 100+
13. You have all of the Loremaster spells on one character
14. You have crafted all of the Loremaster spells on one character
15. You have a really good pet that you spent countless hours training and rehatching
16. You enjoy starting new characters just to beat the easy worlds
17. You have read EVERY POST on this thread
18. You have agreed with at least 50% of these
19. You have subscribed to/made a wizard101 youtube channel
20. You constantly watch Kingsisle's website and the Wizard101 Launcher while in game to see if there will be updates soon

If you agree with:
1-5: Mild to low addiction
6-10: Normal addict
11-15: Active player
16-19: Experienced and active player
20: Kingsisle wantabee (also might need to get some sleep)

-JayperCentral
(empty)

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
You know you have been playing wizard101 too much when you force all of your friends and family to download wizard101 and then you write their wizard101 names in your phones contact list and then tell everyone its a "friends list"

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Lol that's pretty funny
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465