Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Life Queen on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
When you see something colorful in the corner of a room and think "Ooh finally found that Smith!"

I shall say...I am guilty of having done this before

See you in the game!

~Esmee Lifecaster
Level 78 Life Wizard
lol my friend has done that before. Lets just say lots of people were confused when she said look its a smith.

- Grace DreamRider

Level 77

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
When my friend Megan Blade ( fire level 49) and I were going on a walk we saw some cattail and tried pressing an invisible x to pick it up without even realizing we weren't in the game.

Grace DreamRider Level 77

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Top 5 ways you know you've been playing Wizard101 WAY, dun dun dun, TOO MUCH:

5. You see a rock and go, "Ooh sandstone."
4. You see a tree and go,"Bartleby!"
3. You have a dream about getting your wizard to lvl 90.
2. You see a movie and say, "I wonder how I make it Wizard101-ified
1. Stay up for a week, bonus points if you don't fall asleep, playing Wizard101

XD Random things...... See you in the, hmm, Bazaar???

Alexis SilverHeart, Lvl 72, KI, I love my wizards bow O_O

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
1. you've named an object or a pet after one of your pets or your characters name in wizard101
2. you've had a dream about wizard101
3. look down when walking around to expect the yellow arrow to appear
4. when you get mad at someone you make the motions of about to cast a spell
5. have at least one very high level wizard
6. randomly bring up wizard101 into a completely none magical conversation
7. walk, run, dance etc. like a wizard
8. everyone who is related and your friends know about it because of you
9. quickly cross roads because of monsters walking past you on streets even though there aren't any
10. trying to teleport to your friends and your house

Survivor
Jul 29, 2013
how to know you have been playing Wizard101 to much: You walk around and when you see things that resemble spells in the game (like a orange cat is like a fire cat) you start running so you don't lose health, you look at someone and there little menu thing pops up beside them, and last is you see something that resembles a pet snack and feed it to your dog, cat, fish,etc. Well that's what I think and even though i play Wizard101 almost any chance i can get I don't do any of the things here

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
Ethanismyname1 on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
how to know you have been playing Wizard101 to much: You walk around and when you see things that resemble spells in the game (like a orange cat is like a fire cat) you start running so you don't lose health, you look at someone and there little menu thing pops up beside them, and last is you see something that resembles a pet snack and feed it to your dog, cat, fish,etc. Well that's what I think and even though i play Wizard101 almost any chance i can get I don't do any of the things here
Just don't be feeding your old boots to your pets....I'm not entirely sure if hey yield rewards, but I don't wanna find out XD

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
1. humming the music to the commons
2. completing a world in a day
3. gaining multiple levels in a day
4. noticing the the most smallest reference from the jabberwocky poem by Louis Carol
5. you've kept track of time and noticed you've playing for eleven hours

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper
level 85 Well. Well Well. So long. Farewell. T'ill we meet again.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
One time I caught myself yelling "By Bartleby! in front of my friends that don't play wizard101, and they stared at me weirdly and asked who Bartleby was. It was so embarrassing.

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little

Survivor
Oct 07, 2013
A good sign is:

When you see your teacher, you ask what type of spell they teach, or you think he is secretly Malistaire, or you think she is secretly Morganthe.
(Not true for me, yet luckily.)

Hunter Mistsword ~ Master Thaumaturge-Level 43

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
you know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when:

1. you dream of sleeping of a pool of storm sharks
2. you wonder why not everyone plays Wizard101
3. you try to get people to play Wizard101
4. you make new characters A LOT
5. you try to get all of your pets to adult
6. you hatch with random pets even though you know you wont get a hybrid
7. you start REALLY wanting another laptop so other people can play with you
8. you never want to stop playing
9. you start trying to get master players in all of the schools
10. you start farming for pets you dont even really want

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Elizabeth Dawndust on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
1. you've named an object or a pet after one of your pets or your characters name in wizard101
2. you've had a dream about wizard101
3. look down when walking around to expect the yellow arrow to appear
4. when you get mad at someone you make the motions of about to cast a spell
5. have at least one very high level wizard
6. randomly bring up wizard101 into a completely none magical conversation
7. walk, run, dance etc. like a wizard
8. everyone who is related and your friends know about it because of you
9. quickly cross roads because of monsters walking past you on streets even though there aren't any
10. trying to teleport to your friends and your house
Oh shoot, i've done all of that.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Malorn R on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
One time I caught myself yelling "By Bartleby! in front of my friends that don't play wizard101, and they stared at me weirdly and asked who Bartleby was. It was so embarrassing.

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little
Was there any reason you were saying bye to a bartleby? or just habit?

Grace DreamRider 77

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I have dreamed of wizard101... A lot...

When I go off wizard101, I still hear the music for another 5 minutes o.o

I have spent a HECK lot of money on W101

I have played every school too 30+

I didn't workout sometimes just so I get extra time to play W101

I refuse to go out with friends sometimes so I can spend 20 hours on W101

Just some of the stuff I have done... which clearly shows I have been playing too much... LOL!

Angus Ghostriver 95 "Independence is success"

Survivor
May 16, 2009
You know you have been playing too much Wizard101 when you cross the street and when you make it to the other side you shout "Yes! I didn't get caught!"

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
I had a dream about Wizard101 where my real life crush was helping beat green men in tanglewood way XD

Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
Good, then I play Wizard101 the average size, right

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
I have a funny one!
You insert your Wizard101 gift card instead of your debit card, and you wait until the amount of crowns this card has.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
When you have a dream asking your mom when you can pvp, and she replies sorry son you have to finish unicorn way first.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
If you call your pet dog or cat or whatever Your in-game pets name :P

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
When your mom finally lets you have something you've been begging for a year , and you say, "Can we do this tomorrow I'm busy." And then start a huge three hour dungeon.
-Lauren Dragontail level 32

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
You know you've been playing wizard101 if you think about getting on test realm for real life. xD

This has seriously happened to me before..

~Austin Shadowsword

Survivor
May 26, 2012
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Yeah, that happened to me a little bit.... BUT MORE!!!!

When I am playing W101 (I love the music XD) I find myself yelling across the room singing the theme tune.

Also, I make too many references and nobody gets it :(

Just because I am can, I am going to add this in. I made a pun the other day when I began fighting Apollo Bright One. How did he cluck up (like pluck up) the courage to fight me? I thought he would be chicken ('cause he's a rooster I think)!

Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
is it even possible that I have had/done/thought/whatever about almost all these things? the only one I did not do is the mist wood thing as where I am you usually don't see much sticks on the ground(right now the ground is covered in snow

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
critical blizzard on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
ALMOST every day? do you play for like 7 hours each time? if not you're not addicted
Well, usually on the weekends I play for 5-7 hours...
Almost every weekend, I would have played for 15-21 hours total. Every weekday I get about 3-6 hours of play before homework, then about 3 more after, then I go to sleep.
So I guess I really am addicted.
Hannah Moonstone, level 43 Master Theurgist "I will never forget... the Spiral."

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
1) You start to draw you character because
a. You want to see your character even when you can't play
b. You want to have your character "physical" (not virtual)
c. test your skillz
d. you don't know why but you just want to draw your character
****This includes everything in the game- pets, mounts, worlds, the enemy, teachers, etc.

2) You start building models of your wand or some other in-game thing.

I have done both! I built my Odji's Staff of Downpour andI made one of those Display Shelves you see at the wand shop in Wizard City, capable of holding 4 staffs/wands.