Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Malistaire pops up in your dreams.

-Esmee

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Dressing up like Morganthe for Halloween. No one got my costume.

-Esmee

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i have plenty

11: Going to your friends house and you say "uh, wanna ... go over to my house and try the new magic wands i got?" and friend says: "uh, i don't know what you're talking about"

10: Playing water polo or european handball with your friend, then thinking the opponent's goalie is malistaire or morganthe and you score and then you think you defeat them :(

9: telling your science teacher that the solar system is the spiral

8: Telling your best friend to play wizard101

7: Using your best friend as a NPC at lunch

6: you pick up an almost straight stick and go "a sword"

5: Having a nightmare that you'll get killed by a triton from the nearest storm boss in your quest line

4: swirling the stick in the air to cast a spell but it failed

3: buying pixy sticks from the store and you take the sugar out and you say "fairy dust! yay!"

2: Buying your favourite species creature for a costume for halloween

1: Thinking your friends pool underwater is Celestia

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Courtney2834 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
1- whenever someone walks through a door, when I'm behind them you run to get the door before it closes so you don't end up in another realm ( may sound silly but it happens to me all the time)
2- you play at LEAST 2 hours a day no matter what
3- even if its snowing outside for the first time in years, your playing wizard101
4- you run home from the bus everyday and can already hear the ravenwood music
5- your purpose in life is to play wizard101
6- you hug a tree and get splinters for moolinda woo
7- your friend finally pries you away from the computer screen and asks you if you want to plant something and you reply: sure let me get my ninja fig seeds!
8- you've played long enough when you see your friends dog you instantly think: heck hound!!! ( that spell has killed me five times in a row )
9- you have become the best typer in your technology class because of texting so much in the game
10- you know 101 ways to fix your computer from experiencing tons of crashes while your playing wizard101
11- your walking across the street, Then freak out when you remeber a mob could apear from anywhere
12- your science teacher has been trying to explain The solar system, but you keep arguing its called the spiral and consists of the worlds:
Wizard city
Krokotopia
Marleybone
Mooshu
Wysteria
Grizzlehine
Dragon spyre
Celestia
Zafaria
Avalon
And Azteca
- Michelle spirit whisper lvl 81
I'm guilty of number three.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
I think I have done all of those 0-0

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
When you call your friends tabby cat a fire cat

Or when you you get called down to the office of your school and expect to get a quest.

And you argue with your geography teacher that Egypt is actually Krokotopia.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Shirley65338 wrote:
Oh my gosh XD I've done that before! During this cold winter, my mom pointed out that I mumbled "GreyRose, do you MIND?!" In the car. And when I jumped at thunder I said, "Balestrom, grrr". And when we had a fire drill at my house I went "OMG Get Falmea!"... everyone stared heh heh heh.

Anyway, here are mine:
10. When you see a guy dressed in black and long black hair you have a spaz attack and inch away.
9. You do what I mentioned above frequently (XD)
8. Instead of yelling Darn or Dang you yell "FIZZLE!"
7. When someone ticks you off you imagine a Cyclops smashing them over the top of the head.(I do this a lot XD)
6. You walk up to every single bald person and snap, "What's your problem?!"
5. You feel for your wand when your mad.(Yep...)
4. Your scared of the dark because you think a Wraith will grab you.(Diddo)
3. Everytime you see an elephant you yell, "BRING IT ON!"(Onis)
2. You attempt to buy clothes that are the colors of your school of focus.(I'm guilty)
1. When you get hurt and someone runs up with a band-aid and helps you up you say, "Omg Sylvia?!"(I seriously did this XD)

Sincerely,
Sestiva Drake ~ Grandmaster Theurgist
Victoria DeathGrove (Drake) ~ Magus Necromancer
Tavia Drake ~ Apprentice Conjurer and Cyrus's most hated student. Rawr to you too Cyrus!
I swear I've done 10 and 4 before lol

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
I got 9/10 Questions. I know my friend too much (I knew him since Pre-school). So i can't really get used to calling him by his W101 Name.

Blaze Firethorn & Noah Ashslinger

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
alright, ive got 5!!!

1. when you tell your friend, " im casting helephant!" when you are mad at them
2. when you begged your grandpa to play because your death and you cannot defeat malistere
3. when you woner why your dog wont eat watermelons, tomatoes, or yougurt.

4. when you lose your mind when your grandpa has 27,000 crowns and won't spend them or gift you anything, and you try to unfriend him, but realize that there is no magical floating bar in the air.

5. when you find a cat, then name it 'firecat' ( do not ask how i know this one)

katie frostflower , level 41, in mooshu and azteca usally

Survivor
Jan 05, 2014
Hmm, guilty as charged to a few of these.

Here's mine:
5. "Accidentally" watching dungeon let's plays of azteca/khrysalis for 3+ hours and explaining to your family 'If you can't play it, watch it!'
4. Ticking off your parents because all you spend your money on is game cards, crowns, and subscriptions.
3. 'I can't right now, doing a super-hard dungeon' becomes a daily excuse.
2. Your mom tells you to find something and you expect a yellow arrow to appear; pointing you in the right direction.
1. Begging your friends to join because nobody that you know plays the game and you're stuck on that /one/ dungeon..daily.

Hope some of you guys can relate..?
See you around the spiral;
-Kayla Dawn- lv 31

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
moaningmyrtlee on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, guilty as charged to a few of these.

Here's mine:
5. "Accidentally" watching dungeon let's plays of azteca/khrysalis for 3+ hours and explaining to your family 'If you can't play it, watch it!'
4. Ticking off your parents because all you spend your money on is game cards, crowns, and subscriptions.
3. 'I can't right now, doing a super-hard dungeon' becomes a daily excuse.
2. Your mom tells you to find something and you expect a yellow arrow to appear; pointing you in the right direction.
1. Begging your friends to join because nobody that you know plays the game and you're stuck on that /one/ dungeon..daily.

Hope some of you guys can relate..?
See you around the spiral;
-Kayla Dawn- lv 31
soooooooooooo guilty on numba 3

here are mine:
  1. imagine of how you got to ravenwood ( guilty )
  2. every time you get mad you imagine youre self becoming a wizard and cast a whole lotta spells on that person ( sooo many times that dont even ask )
  3. tell everyone you meet at raven... err school about a amazing game called wizard 101 ( done that )
  4. confusing school for ravenwood ( did that before...)
  5. when you do something dumb in school say in youre mind "FIZZLE!"( not that much because i am a nerd, yes a nerd, but not the loser one just smart nerd)
  6. imagine that you accidentaly cast a magic spell at school that makes everyone go crazy ( ahhh i am a criminal on that one )
  7. look for other games related to wizards and even give pirate101 a try ( so guilty that i give my self a )
  8. forget you have school tomorrow and keep playing all night ( not done that but almost did )
  9. walking around and if you find something related to reagents imediatly go and pick it up
  10. the simple fact of admiting you are addicted ( hahaha )

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
It's gonna need to be 2 more chairs for me, I got a family member who built their seventh on mine, so there's no way for me to get a Fire or Life wizard on my paid account.

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
lifedude2002 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
soooooooooooo guilty on numba 3

here are mine:
  1. imagine of how you got to ravenwood ( guilty )
  2. every time you get mad you imagine youre self becoming a wizard and cast a whole lotta spells on that person ( sooo many times that dont even ask )
  3. tell everyone you meet at raven... err school about a amazing game called wizard 101 ( done that )
  4. confusing school for ravenwood ( did that before...)
  5. when you do something dumb in school say in youre mind "FIZZLE!"( not that much because i am a nerd, yes a nerd, but not the loser one just smart nerd)
  6. imagine that you accidentaly cast a magic spell at school that makes everyone go crazy ( ahhh i am a criminal on that one )
  7. look for other games related to wizards and even give pirate101 a try ( so guilty that i give my self a )
  8. forget you have school tomorrow and keep playing all night ( not done that but almost did )
  9. walking around and if you find something related to reagents imediatly go and pick it up
  10. the simple fact of admiting you are addicted ( hahaha )
XD I've done over 3/4 of those too, guilty on 3 as well.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 69

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
zoromon42 on Mar 15, 2010 wrote:
when you took the time to read every last one of these (guilty)

bonus: when you laughed at almost every single one (guilty)
Going to read em all. Guilty of both!

Sarai level 12. getting there

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Angelocean on Apr 8, 2010 wrote:
When you jump in the street ready to fight a car and are suprised when you get run over.
whoops. just got both my friends into wizard101....

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
heres another one

blaming the teachers of ravenwood, snowing: come on greyrose! lightning storm: balestrom..... a house has a fire related accident: ah someone get falmea! you see a lot a plants: oh moolinda, some of your finest work! in a library: cyrus would love this place.... you see some plants withering: dworgyn! how could you!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
When you are sick you try to use the spell dryad on yourself, or hope that your pet will use spritely.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Ashley Lifeheart on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
When you are sick you try to use the spell dryad on yourself, or hope that your pet will use spritely.
lol that has happened alot to me......

isaac goldheart lvl 23

Explorer
May 13, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
This is EXACTLY what it's like with me. :P

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
10 you have text chat
9 you find yourself getting up at midnight to play it
8 you try to duel people
7 you get a pet owl and name it Gamma
6 your a grand master on the forum
5 if you see someone dressed in white you say help lost soul
4 you call your ginger cat fire cat
3 you help people then think you leveled up
2 you see Buckingham palace and call it barkingham palace
1 you spend $1000000000000 dollars on wizard101 and a computer

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
When you feed your dog a treat and call it a pet snack.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Heres a few

- Using all your money to buy crowns or membership
-Calling money gold or crowns
-Drawing the magic symbols on paper
-Thinking about it all the time when youre not online

Lauren SkullCatcher Level 76

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
well i have to get on once a week but still

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Sometimes i'll be humming the grizzleheim music, log onto wizard101, go to grizzleheim, and find out i'm humming the song. it's like, wow, i think i got the wizard101 fever instead of gold fever.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
start132 on Sep 30, 2009 wrote:
hi one of the ways to know you have been playing wizard101 to much is that you have been playing wizard101 all day insted of doing homework or other things you got to do that is very imporant. by madison thunder crafter :P
That sounds sooo much like me. i'll log on to wizard101 during my break times whenever possible. Then get yelled at because i forgot to do my chores.But, i love wizad101, so what can i say?