Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Your wife asks you to water the flowers while she's away, and all her plants die because you thought she was reminding you to keep up on your couch potatoe and magma peas...lol

That was my misunderstanding

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
I've played for 2 years and have 2 max characters. I don't know if that's a lot of time compared to others, but I've done nothing on that list and I have felt like I play this too much.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
One way you've been playing wizard to much is when you are looking at the message board when you should be paying attention at school. (that's me right now)

Benjamin StormShade

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
lol that was funny about seeing a stick and thinking it was mist wood

Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
That is so true :P

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
when you see someone get hurt and say: "use your pixie spell!"

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 26

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
I mean, I'm not sure if I actually do/ will do any of these things, but let's give it a shot.
Well, I'm a Theurgist so....
-You fuss about style over buffs(I do this in pretty much every game with character customization).
-You don't get outside much.
-When casting a spell, you take the nearest pen and make the symbol, thinking that it'll prevent the spell from fizzling.
-You're convinced you have magic powers.

Survivor
May 14, 2012
When you or your son asks for allowance to be paid in crowns.

When buying something in a store only because it had a 20% off "sales" trap on it.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
You want to go to your house or friend (in real life) and you try to press the go home or go to location button.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Awgeewhiz on Sep 30, 2009 wrote:
6. You are walking down the street and randomly pick up sticks, rocks and pieces of scrap metal.

5. You come to a Yellow Yeild sign and get ready to cast a spell.

4. You have a bumper sticker that says "I do not break for golems."

3. You favorite soda is anything that dosen't fizzle.

2. You make a cardbaord sign that reads "Need Help?" and go stand on a street corner.

1. You request to be paid in Crowns in real life.
Number 3 is hilarious

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Courtney2834 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
1- whenever someone walks through a door, when I'm behind them you run to get the door before it closes so you don't end up in another realm ( may sound silly but it happens to me all the time)
2- you play at LEAST 2 hours a day no matter what
3- even if its snowing outside for the first time in years, your playing wizard101
4- you run home from the bus everyday and can already hear the ravenwood music
5- your purpose in life is to play wizard101
6- you hug a tree and get splinters for moolinda woo
7- your friend finally pries you away from the computer screen and asks you if you want to plant something and you reply: sure let me get my ninja fig seeds!
8- you've played long enough when you see your friends dog you instantly think: heck hound!!! ( that spell has killed me five times in a row )
9- you have become the best typer in your technology class because of texting so much in the game
10- you know 101 ways to fix your computer from experiencing tons of crashes while your playing wizard101
11- your walking across the street, Then freak out when you remeber a mob could apear from anywhere
12- your science teacher has been trying to explain The solar system, but you keep arguing its called the spiral and consists of the worlds:
Wizard city
Krokotopia
Marleybone
Mooshu
Wysteria
Grizzlehine
Dragon spyre
Celestia
Zafaria
Avalon
And Azteca
- Michelle spirit whisper lvl 81
Funny and clever! But it's spelled grizzlehiem not grizzlehine

Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
When you're fishing in real life and when you catch a fish you just stand there waiting for it to float toward your face.

When you play you say stuff like "don't fizzle don't fizzle don't fizzle aww...." "cpu I can tell you're preparing something" "ha! in your face!"

You space out in random places and make typing motions with your fingers.

I'm guilty of some of these but I won't tell you which.

-Alexandra Misttamer

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
coolguydude102 on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Funny and clever! But it's spelled grizzlehiem not grizzlehine
Grizzleheim*

Survivor
May 13, 2013
shhhhh I've done all these things....

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Mistyride on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
I mean, I'm not sure if I actually do/ will do any of these things, but let's give it a shot.
Well, I'm a Theurgist so....
-You fuss about style over buffs(I do this in pretty much every game with character customization).
-You don't get outside much.
-When casting a spell, you take the nearest pen and make the symbol, thinking that it'll prevent the spell from fizzling.
-You're convinced you have magic powers.
"-You're convinced you have magic powers."

How did you read my mind!?!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 28

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Here's a few i can think of, i probably said these in an earlier post, but i can't remember, been awhile since i've been on the message boards.

1. Find a Wizard101 themed costume for Halloween

2. Say places in Wizard101 instead of in the real world for geography.

3. Playing another game, say either plz fizzle plz fizzle or plz don't fizzle plz don't fizzle

4.Spend all of your money on Wizard101 instead of important things.

5. Forget the spelling of thanks, please, your welcome, ect. from the abbreviations in the text chat

6. When all of your friends are online

7. When all of your dreams are associated to Wizard101

8. You forget to do your school work if you're home schooled.

9. Try to collect bobble-heads that look just like the ones in Wizard101

10. Try to come up with how to know if you've been playing to much Wizard101

11. You get a lot of your reading from the Wizard101 message boards

12. You run out of room to write on the message boards.

13. You are well known on the message boards

14. Your list for how you know you've been playing to much wizard101 is long and everything on it you're guilty of

That's all i can think of and if i posted something someone already said i'm not trying to steal it, i just don't have the patience to read all of the posts.

Remember, life isn't just about Wizard101, there are more important things out there that need to be done instead of sitting around and playing Wizard101 for the rest of your life

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
Ya i think i'm addicted to wizard101 then! My cousins and I love this game!
-JelliBeans603

Explorer
May 29, 2014
My number one way I know I've been playing too much wizard101 is when I'm eating and I feel like a gobbler.

No offense Gobblers.
- Saffron Life

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Stormgem307 on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
OMG ALURA!! Lol!!! One time I said really low "aye you aye ya" (the phrase the seraph says in the spell or at least it sounds like it ) to myself, and the person who sat next to me looked at me funny and I just said "What?" Lol and another time when my teacher said the word "Balance" in science class, I ALMOST said "Am I ready to learn Ra professor (whatever the balance teachers name is, I forget) ? Luckily I stopped myself before I could start making the sound judgement makes when casted. "AHEM!!!" Lol I love that spell
Dude! i totally have done that before! i was even pretending to be the judgement by holding a balancer in one hand and a pencil in the other! One time in social studies we were listening about floods and i blurted out loud, i know i beat him but does he really have to flood us? My teacher was like ????????? and my friend that also plays W101 busted out laughing

Morgan Dreamthief Level 85 and

#Balance rules

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Some ways to know you have been playing Wizard101 too much:

You constantly come back to this post to make another list
You can't sleep because you're making yourself too excited by thinking of Wizard101
You fail your math test cause you were thinking about Wizard101 during the huge review
You feel uneasy when your subscription runs out
You freak if one of your younger siblings or family members even touches one of your precious wizards
Everytime you get a new spell you take a picture of it appearing to you on your phone or something
When your parents tell you to get off the computer you have a heart attack
Your dad keeps telling you that your lazy and to go outside
You fantasize about somehow winning permanent membership or unlimited crowns
Your siblings tell you to stop talking when you keep rambling about something in Wizard101
You type way faster then you ever did before you began playing
You think of waking up early or in the middle of the night just to play
Wizard101 is your only hobby
You watch videos on YouTube about Wizard101 even if you already have watched it
You think your dog is lame because it doesn't give you any extra stats
You try to hide your obsession with Wizard101 from your family and friends

Ok ok that's all for now

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
You know you play wizard101 too much when you see a severe storm warning on the news and you think "Why don't we just get a myth wizard to counter it?"

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
You act out the spells, think about new enemies, their ranks, and new spells. Like someone acting Goat Monk would do exactly what the goat in the spells does: 1. Pretend to jump on a flying ball, then 2. pretend to have a stick or use a foam stick to stab into the ball, 3. fall down into a platform, 4. spin your stick in pride, and then 5, suddenly jump from the platform, swinging your stick, then 6. smashing down into the opponent.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Bluestar0713 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I feel you on #9, i always get yelled at for being in the dark. I love the dark so much, i can see pretty good in dark places.
So that means you can immediately see everything when the light quickly turns out? How long does it take for your eyes to adapt to the darkness?

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013
Uh... Is it weird that I was so obsessed with the game I actually thought of my characters as real people and did things real people do, like look both ways before crossing the road and stuff?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
I've been playing terraria.

How did I even get a dream about leveling up.