Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
You know when you've been playing too much Wizard1O1 when you start having weird dreams about Wizard101 (This happened to me once )

Also, on Halloween, when you start thinking about dressing up as your Wizard101 character (I don't think this can actually be accomplised :-()

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
10. You made yourself a pointed wizards hat and wear it everywhere, claiming that its "the new style."

9. You fashioned a wand identical to the one you have in the game.

8. You insist that everyone call you by your wizards' name.

7. You ask your parents for a gray owl with glasses.

6. You ask everyone you see in real what their focus of magic is.

5. You sneak out of bed at night with a wand at the and attempt to summon the dead.

4. You're convinced that whenever you see people eating large portions of food that they are secretly gobblers.

3. You subconsciously ask random people on the street to give you directions to Malistaires Lair.

2. You attempt to beat up and rob anyone who looks tough (Um, this one may sound weird, but i am referring to how whenever you win fights in Wizard101, you get a gold reward.)

1. You keep on calling your local pet shop, asking if they have a Unicorn or Pixie or Wraith in stock.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
you've been playing too long when:

you realize after you hit the send button that you signed an important business e-mail with your wizards name, rank and school.

it took me fifteen minutes to explain wizard101 to the boss, he was laughing so hard he couldn't talk, so i got off without a reprimand.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You know you have been playing wizard101 too long when...

You buy a lap top just so you can play the game at work

You ask the clerk at store when buying the laptop if it will have problems running Wizard101.

You start calling your family members who also play by their wizard's name.

You rush home from work just so you can play

You have piles of dirty laundry and when you do finally run out of clothes you only do one load. (playing wizard101 is much more fun than doing laundry)

During a meeting at work, you imagine hitting your boss with a centaur, and then wonder why he/she is still talking. That darn centaur should have taken him/her out.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
#1. has to be when you start hearing storm spells in your sleep.

2. you're standing in line at the supermarket and you see a kid wearing too much green and ..you start to picture a satyr dancing next to him.. (wraiths for all those gothic and emo kids)

3. you turn off your friend adds, cuz otherwise you'll be clicking 'no' for a good ten minutes after going afk in the commons. which just means you spent too much time ingame, without battling! =p

4. you start to think you can solo Malistaire.

theres a good few for you to chuckle at.

(otherwise, as before mentioned.. when you're out of quests or have a wizard of every school.. etc.. have every pet in the game..)

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
.... You've been playing so long, you know spells so well, you wonder why the wizard101 staff said the Infection card does -50% damage when it does -50% to next healing spell on the Danger Hound page. =p and then it plagues you for the rest of the day.. wondering if this is a new spell or just a typo.

(lol someone had to point out the typo!)

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
you know when you play wizard101 too much when you're on another website you talk like and about stuff having to do with the game.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
]hi one of the ways to know you have been playing wizard101 to much is that you have been playing wizard101 all day insted of doing homework or other things you got to do that is very imporant. by madison thunder crafter :

i skip homework a lot to play the game. lucky i have a nice teacher

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
those are too funny. i know i play too much . i know because i was talking to my friend asking him what type of wizard he was and using the fancy names(pyromancer, diviner, etc.) and he had no clue what i was talking about.  

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

i've done that with every song on wizard101. my friends now think i'm crazy. (before you read this next part, just so you know i share an account with my dad.) i even started humming it in front of a guy i like. he said i am obsessed with it.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
another top ten ways you know you play wizard101 TOO much:10: you buy an iPod just to download every peice of music in the game9: you spend three days building a wand to fail an atempt to cast a spell8: when you're cooking you ask for reagents instead of ingredeints 7: you don't respond to your real name, only your wizard's name6: when walking down the street, you never cross the road unless you're with friends5: you covince your teacher to get an account so you can correct them for once4: you convince your athletic administrator to get an account so pvp matches becomes a school sport3: no one asks you what you're doing when you're drawing magical symbols because they know you won't answer in english2: when you burn someone, instead of saying "BURN!" you shout "FIZZLE!"1: when someone is bothering you, you look for their little menu so you can ignore themI have all these symptoms, HELP ME I'M ADDICTED!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
during school i've started not responding to my real name, humming the music in the game, covered the jewels on my rings and other jewelry with paper and putting the school symbols on them, and writing short stories on funny times on wizard101.

I'M ADDICTED AND SO IS MY DAD AND MOM AND SISTERS! PLUS MY COUSIN! I'VE GOT EVERYONE I KNOW PERSONALLY ADDICTED! HELP ME I'M A INTERNET PUSHER! :(

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
OO OO OO! I got a few that happen to me

1. Wake up in the morning to get ready for school still stuck in your imagination and acting out wizard 101 making up your own storyline in front of the mirror.

2. The only thing you draw is stuff to do with W101.

3. Start trying to be sophisticated like Malistaire, only in a childish sorta way, I'm not insane, I don't think I'm an adult.

4. Come home from school, run straight to your computer, and do something related to W101

5. Think you are actually a wizard.

6. ( LOL! the one that had to do with a stick was six ( As in " 5, 6 pick up sticks XD) Find a stick and say it's your staff.

7. Feel the need escape earth and go to " The Spiral."

8. Joking around with your family and say " I'm gonna cast a spell on you now."

9. have at least 3 conversations ( not simutaniously) about W101 per day.

10. Compair yourself others to different characters on W101.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

i have lol!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
has anyone else find themselves saying the made up cuss words in the game? i've said it to some people who don't play and the give me weird looks while i laugh my head off. i find it fun to randomly call other people in my school names of the differnet creatures and characters in the game and they don't have a clue what i'm calling them. i've once accidentally put my wizard's name and school on an important school paper and the teacher had no clue whose it was. my typing speed haas gone up thanks to this game and text chat.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
Ways to tell you been playing w101 too much are: You are ALWAYS making real life refrences to w101, You hum all songs in w101 in ONE DAY ( and there are a lot i heard all of them -) , you try to cast a spell to do your home work so you can JUST get back to w101.

Christo FireHeart LVL 42 Pyromancer

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Sigh...have over 500 messages on this message board?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
You know you have been playing wizard101 too much when...(drumroll)... you wish that you could port to your family who is clear across the store, after you have just picked out your next Wizard101 gift card.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
5. On Halloween you see a person dressed as a zombie and you run away yelling RODDING FODDER!
4. You had a dream that you cast a spell on one of your friends in real life.
3. Trying to get your dog to talk like the marleybone dogs
2. Going to JC Penny and asking them if they have malistare's wrathful wrap in stock.
1. When you're at the beach working as a lifegaurd and you see a shark fin in the ocean and you yell out STORM SHARK!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Let me just say that these are great! What an amazing community response.

Thx!
Fallon Shadowblade
@diaryofawizard

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
the other day i signed a piece of paper and wrote my wizards type(diviner, level(50), and rank (grandmaster) at the end of my name :D :D :D .

OOPS!!!!!!

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
OH, when you look for a your spell book(for the map) when you are lost. I find my self pushing the air and my friends are all like what. Same with changing clothes. Oh yeah I find my self saying fiftht and sixth and the made up cuss words :D

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
carterma wrote:

YES I DO! ALL THE TIME!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
snowflake247 wrote:
You try to form a spellcasting symbol while thinking of the spell :D
XD i do that sometimes

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
start132 wrote:
hi one of the ways to know you have been playing wizard101 to much is that you have been playing wizard101 all day insted of doing homework or other things you got to do that is very imporant. by madison thunder crafter :P
i spent all three weeks of my fall break playing wizard101! XD.