Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Well lets give you my 10 ways :D

1. All you can think of is the next spell you will learn.
2. You make commercials of Wizard101 of your awesome bundles.
3. After school you really wish you could push the home button.
4. Before you go to sleep at night all you can think of is Wizard101.
5. During class you ignore the teacher and can only think of your battle strategy.
6. You make up your own Wizard101 story line in your head during class.
7. You can't wait to see the awesome new commercial on tv for Wizard101.
8. When outside pretending to play Wizard101 you go to your dog and ask him to cast sprite on you.
9. In the morning you get on right away and spend half your day on the computer playing Wizard101.
10. All you can think about is getting another subscription when yours is over.

Lol I just realized I am addicted to Wizard101 XD I am guilty of numbers one, three, four, six, seven, nine, and of course ten.. I embarrassed
I really need to stop thinking of Wizard101 so much well anyways that is my top ten ways.
Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 53 Myth

Survivor
Oct 27, 2011

8. When outside pretending to play Wizard101 you go to your dog and ask him to cast sprite on you.
9. In the morning you get on right away and spend half your day on the computer playing Wizard101.

Lol I just realized I am addicted to Wizard101 XD I am guilty of numbers one, three, four, six, seven, nine, and of course ten.. I embarrassed
I really need to stop thinking of Wizard101 so much well anyways that is my top ten ways.
Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 53 Myth

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Whemn you're walking down your street when you see a man robed in black. Suddenly, you yell out to him "Die, dark wizard scum!" and tackle him.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
evanbeyer wrote:

Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 53 Myth

Um not trying to be mean or anything but why did you just copy me?
Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 58 Myth

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
Here's how i can tell im addicted: 1. I wont get off to eat dinner 3. I play all day without stoping 2. My mom starts yelling at me 4. My mom says im addicted 5. I start liking the name scarlet a lot... scarlet rubyfame is my real name on wizard101 6. I made my mom make a character on wizard101 :D 7. I think im addicted 8. I dream im in wizard101 and that its real 9. I asked for a wizard101 thing for christmas LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
teddy2008 wrote:
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

i have lol!
well in a way i have but i hummed wysteria's song

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
http://diaryofawizard.com/ has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101 Too Much

Here's three - to read the rest, follow the link below.

10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.

9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.

8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.

http://diaryofawizard.com/

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!

1 random momnt.
I was in the Stupidmarket yesterday and it was really crowded, so my mom goes, "OMG Stupid Stupidmarket! It's so crowded!" So I say, "Thats easy just switch to another realm and you'll be fine :D And my mom is like what??

2 random moment.
I scream at my friend when she annoyed me, "WHAT ARE YOU WORKING
FOR MALISTARE? And she looks and me like whatcha..??

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Merekid wrote:
You've been playing to much when:

1 You go up to some older person in the store and say "Did I get called back to Grizzleheim yet Mr. Ambrose?"

2 You point at someones scarf and say "I got mine from a pixie!"

3 Instead of laughing you just say "LOL".

4 Point to a car and say "I want a mount like that!"

5 Someone gets hurt and you throw a toy unicorn at them.

6 You dont know why they didnt like getting hit with a unicorn.

Ok, this is all histarical!
6: you go to the car shop and ask an employee, "Do you have any dragons in stock? no :(? how about a white stag ?"
5: you go to school and have a hard homework assignment and say, "I have a lot of banshees to fight later, I can't do all of this! "
4: you are surfing the web and try to type in something, and end up typing in something related to wizard101
3: you are typing and hit enter and say,"where's the text box?!"
2: while at a job interview, the employee says if you have any questions to tell him so you say, what rank is this boss?
1: you are doing something you do all the time, chores, homework, etc. and find yourself humming the song from the world you are working on!

Lol this hasn't happened to me, and i sure hope it doesn't happen to you!

Alyssa SparkleGlen Lvl 38 Ice (secondary Life)
Scarlett DarkBlood Lvl 13 Death (idk the secondary i havent been on her in a long time lol)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
number 0

you think your dog is from marleybone

number -1

you walk up to a bald man in yellow and ask him for spells

number -2

when your working hard you expect to level up

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
sparkly33233 wrote:
teddy2008 wrote:
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

i have lol!
well in a way i have but i hummed wysteria's song

Lol i have to i have evan made a song out of wysterias song :P JenniferSwiftStone

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
OOOOh! AND when u have dreams that ur in a crazy hard dugeon! AND, when you've been playing sooooo much and then you log off, YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE MUSIC!!! This happens to me sooooo much! LOL

I hear music of many things that arent games (also including just regular noises) and i start asking my friends, so you like this song?

Defender
May 17, 2011
1. you attempt to cast a ghoul (i have done this )
2. you see a rock on the ground and be all "yes! stone block!"
3. you read this thread
4. you call your grandmother "professor greyrose" by mistake (i have not done this! lol!).
5. you put your wizard101 stuff on your to do lists
6. when you go to comic con and see the world of warcraft booth, you go up to them and say: "HA HA WIZARD101 IS BETTER THEN YOU!" which is hysterical but also kind of mean (i din't do this but i saw a little boy do it. it was justr INSANELY AWESOME).
7. You go to a LARP and name yourself your wizard's name and dress like them (i had a dream about this once...)
8. you post on this forum more then twice
9. you have reached the new level cap the day it comes out
10. your worst enemy is your best friend in game!

PS: oops, i put the numbers backwards! and number seven might really be the worst... i couldn't believe it when nobody had posted that one!

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
laulenak wrote:
1. you attempt to cast a ghoul (i have done this )
2. you see a rock on the ground and be all "yes! stone block!"
3. you read this thread
4. you call your grandmother "professor greyrose" by mistake (i have not done this! lol!).
5. you put your wizard101 stuff on your to do lists
6. when you go to comic con and see the world of warcraft booth, you go up to them and say: "HA HA WIZARD101 IS BETTER THEN YOU!" which is hysterical but also kind of mean (i din't do this but i saw a little boy do it. it was justr INSANELY AWESOME).
7. You go to a LARP and name yourself your wizard's name and dress like them (i had a dream about this once...)
8. you post on this forum more then twice
9. you have reached the new level cap the day it comes out
10. your worst enemy is your best friend in game!

PS: oops, i put the numbers backwards! and number seven might really be the worst... i couldn't believe it when nobody had posted that one!
Haha i would of payed a million bucks to see that kid say that to world of warcraft XD

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
I have some of them that happened to me:

1. When i met a brand new friend and learned he plays wizard101 and he is a lvl 30 and I told him about the whole game and spoils it for him.

2. When i named my fish after my wizard.

3. When you nickname your dog merle ambrose.

Yes, I play wizard101 to much, can't blame me it is a awesome game.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Uh oh. I am level 48 now, but when I was 46, I had a dream of leveling up and getting fire dragon.

Explorer
May 27, 2012

When you go to a swamp, you kill all the crocodiles there.

Force your siblings to name thier pet lizard Zanne.

When you see a cat, you call the cops.

Name a wolfhound pet Sherlock Bones.

When you think samurai, you think samoorai.

Call a elephant Oni and kill it.

When you are playing Pokemon Black/White, you pronounce Dragonspiral Tower as Dragonspyre Tower and the Giant Chasm as the Grand Chasm.

If you see a guy named Drake, you hope you will fly it to the Great Spyre.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
Here are mine:

10. When you earn your allowance and you wonder why you are getting handed paper instead of gold

9. Whenever it rains/snows/is really hot you blame storm/ice/fire wizards

8. Instead of wanting a dog for christmas, you want a Heckhound

7. You try to train your pet to cast Sprite when you get injured

6. During social studies when you learn about Egypt, you claim the Egyptians copied the Sphinx from the Krokotopians

5. You know all the commons/battle music from each world (guilty! I also know the character screen music )

4. When you are mad at someone you imagine defeating them in PvP

3. You wonder why your teacher (in real school) isn't showing you how to cast spells

2. You know the exact damage of every spell (even with blades, traps, etc.), what level you get it, the after effects, and how the quest goes when you get it.

1. You play every hour of every day only stopping to eat and work your quick at home job which helps you pay for your never ending membership

BONUS!
How you know your friends are playing Wizard101 too much:

Ever since you told them about the game, it always comes up in conversation or is the subject of conversation pretty much every time you talk to them (This acctually happens to me!)

Heather Shadowthorn, who thinks you can never play too much Wizard101!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
heres another

you play so long you forget what sleep is

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
you get on late at night to tend to your garden. ive personally found myself trying to cast kraken, locust swarm, ect

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
You know you have been playing Wizard101 too much when You walk up to your Boss at work or Teacher at school and stand there and wait for your next spell.

You know you have been playing Wizard101 too much when you go clothes shopping and automatically wonder if the shirt you picked up gives you any Stat Bonuses.

You know you have been playing Wizard101 too much when You look at your Pet cat and wonder if he is going to give you a card when he evolves to teen.

You know you have been playing Wizard101 too much when It starts storming outside, You think Malistaire is up to his old tricks again.

You know you have been playing Wizard101 too much when You are on the Forums posting reasons why you play too much. lol.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
jstorm094500 wrote:
5. On Halloween you see a person dressed as a zombie and you run away yelling RODDING FODDER!
4. You had a dream that you cast a spell on one of your friends in real life.
3. Trying to get your dog to talk like the marleybone dogs
2. Going to JC Penny and asking them if they have malistare's wrathful wrap in stock.
1. When you're at the beach working as a lifegaurd and you see a shark fin in the ocean and you yell out STORM SHARK!

I love these, especially numbers 1 and 5! LOL

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
1. You know when you are going to fizzle, so you intentionally choose a weak spell.
2. You start healing if your HP drops below 2,000
3. You have two or more decks, just because you don't want to take forever re-tuning your deck every time you see another type of enemy.
4. You can make it to the back of the Cave of Solitude without using telepoert stones and without getting caught in battle.
5. You attempt number four while blindfolded.
6. You are waiting for the level cap to increase.
7. When the level cap increases you meet it in one day.
8. You try the Konami code in Wizard 101.
9. Number eight works, but you won't reveal the result.
10. Two words: "Game Over".

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
How about when your mother doesn't bother you about chores knowing that if your on Wizard101, your not going to do anything else.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
When you are playing catch with your son, he makes a great catch and you both bust out in the wizard celebration dance.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
blizardwarp100 wrote:
when you have been playing for four days and are already level ten (like me.)
not horrible. I managed through all of wizard city and most of the fire krok pyramid in one day.