Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Ok,so last night I just had a nightmare that i was a regular human,I had no magic,and I was a prisoner to a o'leary Charleton!!

Sireoulsely,I play Wiz101 so much, that its getting into my dreams!!

CRAZY!!!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. Here's a few: You've been playing to much when:

1. You have a tendency to reach for the nearest deck of playing cards whenever you see a spider.

2. You go to the zoo you try and to accept a quest from an elephant.

3. You attack your neigbor's cat and try to turn it in to the police for robbery.

4. You ask if you need to buy back your training points when transfering to a new school.

5. You say lol out loud. (guilty as charged :P )

6. You gather branches from a local park and try to make a crafting station out of them.

7. You're dissapointed when your fish tank doesn't contain any Water-matons or Celestians.

8. You go to England and exclaim: "Where did all the dogs go?"

9. You search for hidden treasure rooms at the Taj Majal.

10. You ask a friend which boss dropped his movie poster.

Now, I gotta run. My Fierce Hound is barking, I think there's someone at the Spiral Door, lol.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
isnt anyone worrying about your eyes! if you play w101 too much its too much screen time! playing for 24 hours is not a good idea. playing w101 too much you will ruin your vision! you shouldnt have that much screen time. i would say lowering the 24 hours of w101 gameplay to 2 hours -22 hours.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
I'm a level 61 Diviner and I've done the following that prove I play to much:

Drawn a storm school symbol on an eraser

Convinced 3 out 4 family members to play

Logged on with username rememberer so many times I forgot my username

E-mailed my friend who plays using his wizard name

Signed off an E-mail with my wizard name

Maxed out my level on test realm and got mad when it stopped :x

Made a PowerPoint of tips on Storm Magic

Replayed every dungeon in Krokotopia thrice (I don't get XP anymore :()

Used my wizard's last name as a username for every online game I've played after making my Wizard101 account (I still play, though)

Took a survey just to get free crowns

-Kevin Stormblade, Legendary Diviner 8)

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
You know you've been playing to much when:

you try to make your dog dance so he can level and get a spell

you scream when you see a bald teacher wearing a yellow coat

you get mad at somebody in real life, and try to cast imp or gnomes on them

you think you can control the weather when it rains

and last:

you see people everywhere as short, multicolored wizards.

thats all i have for now lol

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
Wow i just realized i must be addicted. me and my friend jordan always like to pretend we are family with some of the characters in storylines and spells O_O. but everytime we go to mirror lake, both of us end up pretending i am on morganthe side and he is on merle's. so yea i will try to stop that xD

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Well, at random times during the day, I often hear the sound when you complete a quest. That's why I play with the sound off now.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
OOOOh! AND when u have dreams that ur in a crazy hard dugeon! AND, when you've been playing sooooo much and then you log off, YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE MUSIC!!! This happens to me sooooo much! LOL

that happens to me too with every game i play

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
You know when you have been playing wiz 101 too much when:

1. You go to your local pet store and ask if they have any fire cats.

2. You run into people and punch them to get gold and XP (aka being in a battle).

3. Whenever you see an old person you ask them," Hey Merle! Do you have a quest for me?"

4. You go behind every water fall you see to find a secret cave.

5. You have like 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 gold.

6. When you do LARP with wiz 101 (Live Action Role Playing).

I'm jasmine lifesword add me 8)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Here are a few more :P

1. At college, you are arrested for viciously attacking your dean and screaming: "Give me the Portal Stone, Vladimir!".

2. You go to Mcdonald's and order Hambrosia and a pack of Delicious Cookies.

3. You always stay on the sidewalk, even if your in a cordoned off street.

4. You attempt to stop a war by standing in the middle of the battle field, holding up a card, and saying! "Go, Blinding Light! Ha, you're now stunned for 1 round!".

5. You never watch Star Wars because your afraid Chewbacca will jump at you and deal 640 life damage to you and your friends.

6. You ask a taxi driver where he got his mount

That's all for now :P

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
1. WHEN you call in sick to work/ fake sick for school to play.
2. When you say at the pet store, "I DEMAND A FIRE CAT."
2 and a half. If you don't like it, demand a refund in gold.
3. Sneak money from your mom/dads wallet to get money for crowns
4. Eat and do everything by the computer.
5. Get up in the middle of the night and play
6. Accidentally sign your wizards' name on a piece of paper you need to turn in for work/school
7. Play wizard101 until sunset to sunrise
8. Get up early in the morning on weekends and play wizard101.
9. When you yell "MIST WOOD!" whenever you find wood.
10. (Sequel for 9) Yell "GLASS VIAL!" whenever you find a perfume box or anything glass.

If you do that, That's me!!!!!!!!!!
Hannah Goldenriver
' 'a balancing act without balance isn't an act at all'

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Yep! Me! *Likes Krokotopia WAY more than is healthy*

Megan Emeraldblade, Level 43, Master Sorceress

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
TitanOfFire wrote:
You know you've been playing Wizard 101 too much when your friends from Wizard 101 don't understand your references to Wizard 101. :?

Oh my gosh! Lol that happens to me a lot but i am not allowed to play past six o'clock!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
start132 wrote:
hi one of the ways to know you have been playing wizard101 to much is that you have been playing wizard101 all day insted of doing homework or other things you got to do that is very imporant. by madison thunder crafter :P

LOL, I'm in trouble! I did that once! The kinda good thing is that I felt bad after.... :?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
You know you have played w101 to much when you call it w101 (Guilty)
You have drawn pictures of creatures for no reason and didnt stop until they were perfect. Then you kept them. (Guilty)
You want w101 to be real. (once again guilty)
You get mad at someone and say/think, "you're going to regret that when my humongofrog barfs all over you!" (NOT guilty thank godness)
You would rather play w101 than do ANYTHING (and i mean anything) ELSE( guilty)
When you have considered asking your dad (who is a football coach) to play (sorry but guilty)

But one good thing. Having open/text chat has improved my typing by 80% (fastness wise, not home row or anything)
Hope you enjoyed hearing some of my epic FIZZLES (not fails)!

Roslyn Mythcaster
Grandmaster Conjourer & Life
Level 56

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
1. When your friend asks you if you want to go shopping to the mall and you say "I'm broke. I need to sell things so i can go get some gold."
2. Say to your really mean teacher: "AH! ITS MALISTARE!".
3. Ask your teacher if you can be excused so you can go do some quest in GH.
4. You see some rocks on the ground, go pick it up and throw it at your sister and pause for 5 seconds then yell STONE!!!!!! LETS GO SELL IT AT THE BAZAAR!

Thats all i got. I'm emma raincloud. I know they arent that funny.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
you know you ve been playing to much if you tell any one at your school who can keep a secret to meet you in the commons after school!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
you know youve been playing too much if you accidentaly call ypur dog your pets name! and say your going to take it to the pet pavillion!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Top 10 ways i know i have been playing Wizard101 to much....

10) Kids are walking around in week old clothes....
09) Your take out food Bill is more than your bills combined....
08) You ask your Kids if Allowances can hold off Because you need Crowns....
07) You actually get on the phone and order a top of the line DELL just to play....
06) Your spouse is Begging you to came to bed on time for once....
05) You over sleep in the morning and your late for work....
04) The thought crosses your mind to get a second job so you can buy all the Crowns you want then realize the second job will limit your playing WIZARD101....
03) You tell your spouse to pass the word around the family that Wizard101 gift cards please for Christmas....
02) You start to Smell something Really Bad....
01) You realize that the really bad smell is coming from your 2 year olds crappy diaper that you ment to change 3 hrs ago....

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
i add on =) you totally freak out when there i a maintence ( guilty =( )

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
http://diaryofawizard.com/ has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101 Too Much

Here's three - to read the rest, follow the link below.

10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.

9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.

8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.

http://diaryofawizard.com/

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!

I already know I play wizards too much..

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
you say stuff like what the heckhound. you bug your friends that play so much that they quit playing. you dream that you just defeated mallistaire and you start to sleep dance.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:
Top 10 ways i know i have been playing Wizard101 to much....

10) Kids are walking around in week old clothes....
09) Your take out food Bill is more than your bills combined....
08) You ask your Kids if Allowances can hold off Because you need Crowns....
07) You actually get on the phone and order a top of the line DELL just to play....
06) Your spouse is Begging you to came to bed on time for once....
05) You over sleep in the morning and your late for work....
04) The thought crosses your mind to get a second job so you can buy all the Crowns you want then realize the second job will limit your playing WIZARD101....
03) You tell your spouse to pass the word around the family that Wizard101 gift cards please for Christmas....
02) You start to Smell something Really Bad....
01) You realize that the really bad smell is coming from your 2 year olds crappy diaper that you ment to change 3 hrs ago....
\

ok- 3 things
1. If you go 8 and then ), it makes a 8).
2. I belive one of the words in there is a bad one.
3. How do I know this and you dont? I'm just a kid!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Yes! all the time! it's just too fun!! :? Allison G.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I have a couple more
1. when you start talking about w101 and your friends' eyes just glaze over/they walk away
2. you go home, grab a snack, and disappear until dinner
3. your teacher does a notebook check and sees all your fails of trying to draw the school symbols (guilty... )
4. you always stick to the sidewalk, even when theres nothing in sight
5. This one is more personal but I have a Tawny Ram mount and when I'm horseback riding i think to myself- Man, Tawnay (I named my ram o. O) would be such a smoother ride!