Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
1. Dreaming about pulling shark teeth... *stuck in Celestia!*

2. Seeing the person running past your battle and yelling at the screen "no, no, no!" or.. "Please please please I need one more (insert bad guy here)"...

3. Hate to copy, but the "trolly trolly" line!

4. Laughing evilly when you see just how many hit points that big boss is while thinking "oooh a challenge!"

5. Watching your dogs run around the yard while trying to hit the invisible "up" arrow!

6. You're disappointed when your veggie garden doesn't harvest treasure cards.

7. Looking for the crafting table you know you put in the entry room at your house.

8. Being a Legend Pyro and fighting Frostbranch.. "Dude really? You did not just hit me with Efreet! Well guess what.. You hit me, I hit you, and mine is bigger!" LOL!

9. Seeing Grandma's pearl necklace and thinking about how many Golden Pearls you can transmute. Seeing the pond full of cattails and thinking "Man! I need those!"

10. Creating a statue of the Moodha to put in your front yard.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
You know your playing too much when you're talking about ways you can tell if you're playing too much, there you go :P .

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
magna10 wrote:
You know your playing too much when you're talking about ways you can tell if you're playing too much, there you go :P .

LOL! Good one!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
When you start having dreams about the game.(lol)

You want to play for hours everyday....

(P.S. to the person who talked about humming the song from the Commons...That happens to me all the time! lolz

Survivor
Sep 28, 2010
I once dreamed of Wizard101. Had deja vu of it. Saw a fire cat standing in my room. Blinked and the firecat disappeared. Yep, i'm playing Wizard101 a bit too much.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
Stopping on the way home from picking your son up from school to show him a tree that looks just like the one at your Myth's house. LOL He said "Mom you play Wizard too much"

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
a few ways:

1. you start to hallucinate in real life
2. you call your teachers the teachers names

Survivor
May 12, 2009
LOL Professor, you do realize that by posting this you may potentially make people think they play to much and stop playing or play less and not buy as many crowns or unsubscribe.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I knew I was playing too much when my son said, "MOM, you have a video game problem. I can help you." LOLZ, turn about is fair play. Gotta love some reciprocity.

qbb/Iridian/Rowan/Moira/Scarlet

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
hello everyone. speaking of dreams of wizard 101, i had a dream where i needed to go speak to a monster in ravenwood. there was an ice wyvern, a dragon, a humongofrog, ect., but i talked to the wrong one. then it threw me out of the game. then exiting the game i lost my memories from the monster so i had to fight it in real life to get them back. i ended up on a cruise ship with my friends going to the dragons island and we were on the top of a staircase when i saw the crossing gaurd next to my school's head with an imps body. i went to jump down the other stair case but he appeared again and he killed me and when i woke up i still saw his face but i rubbed my eyes and it dissapeared, kinda like liavt.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
abrahim1234 wrote:
hello everyone. speaking of dreams of wizard 101, i had a dream where i needed to go speak to a monster in ravenwood. there was an ice wyvern, a dragon, a humongofrog, ect., but i talked to the wrong one. then it threw me out of the game. then exiting the game i lost my memories from the monster so i had to fight it in real life to get them back. i ended up on a cruise ship with my friends going to the dragons island and we were on the top of a staircase when i saw the crossing gaurd next to my school's head with an imps body. i went to jump down the other stair case but he appeared again and he killed me and when i woke up i still saw his face but i rubbed my eyes and it dissapeared, kinda like liavt.

Oh my! LOL! You have been playing too much!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
You know you have been playing too much when you spend hours making wizard hats and wands out of paper and making paper nametags and speaking like a wizard AND when you see merle ambrose do the michael jackson moonwalk ( haha, yeah i have. )

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
OOOOh! AND when u have dreams that ur in a crazy hard dugeon! AND, when you've been playing sooooo much and then you log off, YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE MUSIC!!! This happens to me sooooo much! LOL

me too. and here is my way:

when you dye your cat orange and say, " I have a firecat!"

-----------------------------
:) :-) :D

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Not only the Commons music, but music from the other worlds as well. And sometimes I think I hear it, so I automatically look around to see who's playing it. But it's just my brain being addicted. 8)

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
You've been playing W101 too much...

When you see a bat fly by and scream, "NO! NOT A BLOODBAT!"

When you confront a bully at school holding a makeshift Medusa card.

When you get a bunch of rocks, paper, vials, and gems and wonder why they don't make a Ring of Insight.

When you start to see the words "Dark Fairy: Rank 1 Elite" over every plane.

When you buy a pet pig and take him to the farm while saying, "You're going to love the pet pavilion."

When you fail English because you are afraid Zeus will jump out of the mythology packets, stun you, and deal 690 Storm damage.

When you walk up to a cow screaming "TEACH ME SPRITE MOOLINDA!"

When you decide to go to Egypt to save it from the Kroks.

When you laugh at magicians because they don't know Balefrost.

When you're me!

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
http://diaryofawizard.com/ has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101 Too Much

Here's three - to read the rest, follow the link below.

10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.

9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.

8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.

http://diaryofawizard.com/

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!

I know one! When ever you need to do some math involving possibility, you calculated the percentage of what is possible to happen using "fizzle scale", where you convert the fraction/decimal into a average number of the fizzle rate for a wizard101 spell, then think how much possible it is for that spell to fizzle or successfully cast. Honestly I got a A+ in Math in third grade .

Example:
7/10 possibility for something to happen
7/10 = 70%
70% = the accuracy of a average storm spell
70% it might happen, meaning a successfully cast stormzilla
30% it might not happen, meaning a storm fizzle

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Theses are great :)

Here's one:

"You devote your entire paycheck to buying crowns online, getting gift cards through the stores just so you can have crowns to hire the way over priced henchmen :D"

"That all you want for Christmas is crowns so you can buy that pet you want."

"You know you have to be at work at 730 in the morning and spend all night playing the game. You go to Work and start thinking of spells to get rid of nasty customers."

"You spend your entire vacation playing Wizard 101 for 10 hours straight each day your on vacation."

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
You start saying “Awe fizzle sticks!” whenever you fail at something
You start calling your real life pet your in-game pets name
Whenever you get mad you say “You better watch it or ill get my Fluffy after you” (fluffy=my forest lord)
You start spelling your real name wrong
You put your real age as your level on wizard101
When someone annoys you your best friends become the Report Ignore and Send Away Buttons
You start humming the wizard101 theme song in public
When someone tells you that you wear that outfit all the time you say “Yeah I need to dye it”
When you’re waiting in the lunch line for a long time and it’s finally your turn they ask what you want they say “Three potion refills please.” And they get a dumbfounded look
When you’re feeling lazy and don’t wanna walk you look for the port home button.
When you get hurt you expect a stayr or pixie to be at your side in seconds
When taking a district wide test you see the word school and right down your wizards school

These are my signs of a true Wizzy addict, not if you excuse me my son needs a critical Stayr he just fell off the family Unicorn and HeckHound bit him and my Snake in a Basket is hissing now....

Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic Names

P.S. anyone find a good rehabilitaion center for being "CROWN CRAZED" yet? If so please let me know, all i need is one more pack of crappy items to break my previous record of 173 crappy packs obtained...

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
o i forgot these two earlier

In school when you want to switch from cooking to art you ask the secrtary if you would buy back you training points cause you want your secondary to be ice instead of balance thinking your taking to Mr. Licoln.

You open up a squre metal piggy bank and count out over 5000 pennies by hand cause you have went 7mins on wizard101without a sub and has gotten below 3000 crowns.

Guilty as charged for >>ALL<<

Yeah im that bad sometimes...
Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic Names

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
TitanOfFire wrote:
You know you've been playing Wizard 101 too much when your friends from Wizard 101 don't understand your references to Wizard 101. :?

Lolz, I find myself humming the music from the character selection

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Garrett15141 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the 10 ways u KNOW u been playing too much

10.when you forget your homework and tell your teacher that fire elves set your homework on fire.
9.when your friend says break a leg and you say " if i do i can just use a pixie"
8.that you are too scared to walk along the beach because you think a storm shark will get you O. O
7.when you tie a paper horn to a horse and call it a unicorn
6.when you see a frog and call it a humongofrog baby
5.every time an earthquake hits you blame professor Drake
4.when you see the chronicles of Narnia and say they stole the ideas from wizard 101
3.you try to teach a pig ninjutsu
2.when you see an orange tabby you claim him a fire cat
1.you say Malistaire has stolen your soul

XD It's true Narnia has that satyr dude in it.

Satyrs Dydras Lord of the Forest Pixies
I swear half the life school was got ripped on by Narnia.....but everytime i join a battle i say FOR NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x)

Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic Names

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Garrett15141 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the 10 ways u KNOW u been playing too much

10.when you forget your homework and tell your teacher that fire elves set your homework on fire.
9.when your friend says break a leg and you say " if i do i can just use a pixie"
8.that you are too scared to walk along the beach because you think a storm shark will get you O. O
7.when you tie a paper horn to a horse and call it a unicorn
6.when you see a frog and call it a humongofrog baby
5.every time an earthquake hits you blame professor Drake
4.when you see the chronicles of Narnia and say they stole the ideas from wizard 101
3.you try to teach a pig ninjutsu
2.when you see an orange tabby you claim him a fire cat
1.you say Malistaire has stolen your soul

XD It's true Narnia has that satyr dude in it.

o yeah and Centaurs............

Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic Names

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Garrett15141 wrote:
When you think everything on this message board is normal!

O gosh then im in some SERIOUS trouble.... everything on here sounds perfectly normal to me....
Now if you will excuse me, i need to have a talk with my Snake in a Basket for not healing me during that last 3v3

Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic Names

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
I knew I was playing too much when my son said, "MOM, you have a video game problem. I can help you." LOLZ, turn about is fair play. Gotta love some reciprocity.

qbb/Iridian/Rowan/Moira/Scarlet

(By any chance are you Rowan DreamWeaver{theTranscended Fire}[or i call you Row] or Scarlet Blood? with the totally epic houses??)

Lol yesh thats a true problem x) but u cant halp if you love something......

Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic Names

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
I wish this applied to me. My new laptop doesnt have a 3d graphics card so I havent been able to play since september :( *cries* once I can afford a new one with a good card I will be back in action. Miss all my friends something terrible. Happy holidays everyone :D