Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Oh boy, I am in trouble,lol. Well my husband and I both just bought a new laptop for this game. We have the network set up now, and we are about to set up the family account so that I can help him out on his wizard. My first wizard is a grandmaster so is on vacation right now, and my second wizard is level 44 and working on the final crafting quest and grizzleheim. I havent had a chance to read the other ones, but oh my so far it is us to a tee. Well I guess we are offically addicted. Have a great day everyone. See you in the Spiral. :-)

Defender
May 29, 2009

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
You know you've been playing Wizard 101 too much when your friends from Wizard 101 don't understand your references to Wizard 101. :?

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
7 When a friend of yours does something embarrasing and you exclaim: "Boy, you just fizzled!".

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Sign that wou have been playing Wizard101 too much: You buy a brand new Hard-Drive because Wizard101 is sort of slow.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
If you all of a sudden see somebody dressed up in dark and say " OH ITS malistaire!"

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
You try to form a spellcasting symbol while thinking of the spell :-D

Hero
May 19, 2009
you have more then one account

you buy the gift cards solely for the pets

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Oh! That totally happened to me and my friends the other day! My sister saw a huge rock lying on the ground and said to our other friend (who also plays the game, luckily) "Look! I found a Stone Block!" And then she threw it at me. O. o Lolz, and then for the rest of the day we collected rocks to see who could get the most reagents.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:

I think these ought to be the #1 and #2 indicators.

Though maybe having Dreams about your characters should slide in there someplace.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
hi one of the ways to know you have been playing wizard101 to much is that you have been playing wizard101 all day insted of doing homework or other things you got to do that is very imporant. by madison thunder crafter :P

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

I think these ought to be the #1 and #2 indicators.

Though maybe having Dreams about your characters should slide in there someplace.

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
6. You are walking down the street and randomly pick up sticks, rocks and pieces of scrap metal.

5. You come to a Yellow Yeild sign and get ready to cast a spell.

4. You have a bumper sticker that says "I do not break for golems."

3. You favorite soda is anything that dosen't fizzle.

2. You make a cardbaord sign that reads "Need Help?" and go stand on a street corner.

1. You request to be paid in Crowns in real life.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
Well here's one, this morning I had a severe fever to the point of having hallucinations. The way my brain decided to work around this so that I had some sense of reality? You guessed it, was in Wizard101. So yeah, I think I've been playing too much.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
You stay up all night so you cen get up 4 levels, and then call in sick the next day.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
Deborahloi wrote:
You stay up all night so you cen get up 4 levels, and then call in sick the next day.
Just hope your boss doesn't play.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

o my gosh totally i embarrassed myself at lunch by humming that and when my friends asked my and i told them some of them laughed. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
Here's a few:

Quitting your job to play

Being a subscriber and buying $80 worth of crowns every time you buy crowns

Insist to be called the name of your wizard

Have millions of accounts filled with grandmasters

Imagining casting a spell and damaging someone's health when they tick you off (I know I've done that)

Making your own wizard101 commercials

Sending repeated invites to your friend and family for the crowns

Buying every single crown item there is all over the spiral

Trying to create a hallusionation in your mind of merle ambrose giving you a quest

Pressing the enter button and looking confused when a chat box doesn't come up

Screaming "I NEED HELP FIGHTING MALISTARE" in a busy street

Dressing up in wizard clothes

and last but not least: Trying to find a troll and when you don't saying "HERE TROLLY TROLLY TROLLY!"

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
i've got 3 ways to tell if you played wizard101 too much:

1. miss a day of school so you can play wizard 101 for 24 hours
2. act like Merle Abrose in front of EVERYBODY
3. say your name is the name of your pet on wizard 101

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
You know when you have been playing wizard101 to much when you: find an annoying problem life and try and find a message board, walking down the street and jumping to the sidewalk when you see something coming

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
You stay up all night so you can get up 4 levels, and then call in sick the next day
Idid except I went to a lake the next day :-D But they didnt have internet there

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
U know your playing WAYY too much when you get ready to teleport to your house in the middle of a long drive. LOL, yah i do this too much.

HIA2W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(HELP, I'M ADDICTED 2 WIZARD101!)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
OOOOh! AND when u have dreams that ur in a crazy hard dugeon! AND, when you've been playing sooooo much and then you log off, YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE MUSIC!!! This happens to me sooooo much! LOL

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
I have a weird one: Dressing up as a wizard101 spell for Halloween ( I tried to do that once and be a ninja pig but there was no pig costume but there was a ninja costume)

Oh and trying to shape your food into wizard hats and cards and stuff like that.

Oh and having a dream that you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen ect. ect.