Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another Bolt Story

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 17, 2009
well i was pvping a friend because i beat him before and hes a bolt spammer..

so well it happens we are on our next match.. hes a knight i am a commander just lost warlord.

i went first had no shields for storm but he is a death player so reasonably i use death related shields.

he cast bolt it hits me 8XX i am down to half life but one bolt could kill me..

i get a storm shields i use it. he cast bolt on me again and it hits.

then i shield storm then a 2nd storm shield different class to use both shields..

he casted death blade on himself then another bolt follows.. i manage to survive..

i healed shielded then shielded again

bec he fizzled bolt..

he casted feint

i use tower shield as its 3 shields against a storm bolt.

he cast it successfully but it didn't do much.

then i shielded i casted a kraken which fizzled.

he casted bolt again it fizzed so i cast spectral blast it does a decent amount of damage

he casted bolt and i died.

now tell me.. he fizzed actually twice out of 6 bolts that is not 10% and that is not 40%

King Isle can you try to go into this bit of detail before you release other patches or updates to try to cover up our complaints..

we need bolt fixed before we can ride a mount because soon after they come out we will be bored with showing off pets etc. but we won't be bored with pvp unless something isn't done with treasure cards in particular of a different class. specifically bolt. i don't see a problem with judgment because everyone has time to prevent it.. more than 5 to 6 rounds.. but bolt we barely have time to prevent against this..

sincerly yours

level 30 balance 3 time warlord.. (i don't abuse judgment like everyone does) otherwise king isle will see fit to nerf judgement too.. it should be a spell only to kill off remainder hp of someone instead of using a powerful nova blast or a simple wand attack its in between.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Look I'm really getting tired of people saying they
don't like wild bolt . If you don't like wild bolt or
judgement then stop playing pvp. Don't start saying
they're annoying, if you don't like playing other
players who use wild bolt, Stick to the Ncp fights.
I used triton on a kid and he complained I hated that so much.
So don't complain it just makes the game more difficult listening to that.

Wolf Dragonflame
level 33 Magus Pyromancer
Tatakai Out-Post MS

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
spellweaver24 wrote:
Look I'm really getting tired of people saying they
don't like wild bolt . If you don't like wild bolt or
judgement then stop playing pvp. Don't start saying
they're annoying, if you don't like playing other
players who use wild bolt, Stick to the Ncp fights.
I used triton on a kid and he complained I hated that so much.
So don't complain it just makes the game more difficult listening to that.

Wolf Dragonflame
level 33 Magus Pyromancer
Tatakai Out-Post MS
You said it. It looks like I'm not the only one out there that hates complainers...

Justin Stormstone
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
huh no i am saying they need to increase the pips period.. because a bolt does more than triton and cost less... plus the dude wasn't even trying to hit me..

i don't need to not be playing pvp i was warlord over three times.. its just that the fiz rate is messed up and needs to be fixed i mean seriously one dude had no accuracy but i put a black mantle on him and he still casted a bolt? that should be like -XX accuracy even with the best +20 accuracy card..

if i want to say something about my bolting story whos to stop me and whos for you to tell to stop complaining the forum is a general open forum remember KI goes through all post.. if they feel it wasn't necessary they wouldn't have put it up.. now no need to be telling people what they can say or can't say

if people want to pvp they want to meet new people the want to test out their max damage spells.. but no they have a set back with bolters and judgement so really your debate is pointless.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I have read numerous topics on wild bolts and to be totally honest I don’t understand how people get upset with the current system. Understandably, the wild bolt is set at 10% accuracy, but what everyone has failed to mention is that the bolt can be combined with a "Sniper Accuracy" gold card to boost the accuracy rate up to 30% on its own. Also complaintents are not taking into consideration the players own accuracy rate when casting a spell for that specific school. This could also be boosted through the wearing of specific clothing. My current storm character (James Skytail) is maxed out on all storm apparel (all level 50 clothing, and accessory's), in which my accuracy rate is higher than most players. Even though storm characters are extremely powerful, we lack the accuracy and health to be effective in those tense situations. Balance players are extremely effective in there method and they have there advantages. It's a give and take relationship. It would be nice to have players "PLAY" and stop requesting changes to better there chance of winning.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008

i feel where you come from and that other guy just did not get what your saying bolt is broke.
i do not mind non storm to bolt but it should hit one maybe 2 times a match
and a select group of people are hitting 8 out of 10
now a card with 10 percent chance to hit and with all the power ups on it to say like 40 percent it is still hitting way to often and i dare anyone to
try to prove that it is not hitting way to good
as for me i am lucky to hit 1 out of 15 or 20 so i do not use it that much even with all the best gear in the game on when i use it
i agree about have time to counter judgement but then you have to hope to get a tower shield and some weakness cause i found a lot of balance like to use all there blade boost plus faint and just a tower shield can barley save you

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
tracinjd wrote:
huh no i am saying they need to increase the pips period.. because a bolt does more than triton and cost less... plus the dude wasn't even trying to hit me..

i don't need to not be playing pvp i was warlord over three times.. its just that the fiz rate is messed up and needs to be fixed i mean seriously one dude had no accuracy but i put a black mantle on him and he still casted a bolt? that should be like -XX accuracy even with the best +20 accuracy card..

if i want to say something about my bolting story whos to stop me and whos for you to tell to stop complaining the forum is a general open forum remember KI goes through all post.. if they feel it wasn't necessary they wouldn't have put it up.. now no need to be telling people what they can say or can't say

if people want to pvp they want to meet new people the want to test out their max damage spells.. but no they have a set back with bolters and judgement so really your debate is pointless.

Whoa calm down I was just saying they made it the way they made it.
I'm sorry if I offended you because I din't mean to.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
tracinjd wrote:

<snipped story>
now tell me.. he fizzed actually twice out of 6 bolts that is not 10% and that is not 40%

King Isle can you try to go into this bit of detail before you release other patches or updates to try to cover up our complaints..

we need bolt fixed before we can ride a mount because soon after they come out we will be bored with showing off pets etc. but we won't be bored with pvp unless something isn't done with treasure cards in particular of a different class. specifically bolt. i don't see a problem with judgment because everyone has time to prevent it.. more than 5 to 6 rounds.. but bolt we barely have time to prevent against this..

sincerly yours

level 30 balance 3 time warlord.. (i don't abuse judgment like everyone does) otherwise king isle will see fit to nerf judgement too.. it should be a spell only to kill off remainder hp of someone instead of using a powerful nova blast or a simple wand attack its in between.

I do agree that there seems to be more pressing issues to fix than giving us a way to have mounts and travel faster.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer