Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
So when exactally are they supposed to be able to be gotten a hold of? I want to know. When and here can I get one?

Andrew Forrest

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Let me clarify a few things.
First of all, the ONLY things mounts currently do is increase your speed by 40%. THAT IS IT!
Second of all, the jumping feature is still completely useless on a mount.
The third thing is, you CAN buy Boots of the Slipstream or Boots of the Comet to increase speed further.
The fourth thing I'd like to clarify is that you can have your pet equipped while you're mounted, but it will NOT appear next to you.
The fifth thing I'd like to say is that you mount with a teleport. There is no wacky animation for mounting.

I believe mounts are coming out in the November updates.

Good Day to Ya'll,
Galen Swiftbreeze, Level 46 Theurgist

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I am not a kid I am an adult. Also the henchman did not appear in my backpack either unless you have to buy it during battle. too many bugs!! lol

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
The mounts cost crowns and in game gold guys and can be rented if you are poor. They do make a big difference getting around, as far as the henchmen thing yes they are bought in battle and are gone after fight.

People who are NOT on the test realm take it from me this new content will be great for all players, a large amount of the content is for free players for gold too. Keep in mind the mounts do cost allot like 70,000 gold for a dragon so start saving. I dont think i can post pics here but i will try

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
I am not a kid I am an adult. Also the henchman did not appear in my backpack either unless you have to buy it during battle. too many bugs!! lol

The mounts only appear in battle. They are not a permenant item. Once the battle is over, the hechmen disappear, so you would have to purchase them each time you need one in battle.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Mounts are going to be great! I especially like the black stallion and the Red Darkwing (something like that).
This addition to Wizard101 will probably raise the amount of players!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
LOL yea imagine a dragon mount staring down Malistaire!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Blake Soulflame, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
November? It was stated they would be available in October. Please give us an update. There are alot more players that are not posting, that are dying to buy mounts. even if the other stuff is slower to be released. update projected release dates for us please.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
my complaints are about the new mounts are that they cost to much crowns to only have them for a week. Also i think that subscribers should be able to get a discount on the mounts because we already pay for the game and buying crowns or gold costs extra, they cost more then getting a subscription for one month and that only gives you a small amount of crowns. I do not think it is fair that you have to buy crowns and have the subscription too, to be better in the game. All i am saying is that i think mounts should be for everyone not just crown buyers.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
merewen wrote:
my complaints are about the new mounts are that they cost to much crowns to only have them for a week. Also i think that subscribers should be able to get a discount on the mounts because we already pay for the game and buying crowns or gold costs extra, they cost more then getting a subscription for one month and that only gives you a small amount of crowns. I do not think it is fair that you have to buy crowns and have the subscription too, to be better in the game. All i am saying is that i think mounts should be for everyone not just crown buyers.

yea i have the same complaint too, i don't have a problem with the mounts but they're too expensive with gold (i mean 90,000 gold JUST FOR A MOUNT?! and permanet; thats like buying 9 gift cards for 10k gold) and you can't make that much gold throughout the wizard101 and i know theres the crowns that seem to be a LOT cheaper than the gold ones. Also i know that theres the rentals but, they also are somewhat expensive but if that person decided what mount he/she wanted,well guess what, they either have to gold farm or buy crowns. all i'm saying is can you tone the gold done to the 1,000s? and the rentals to the 100s? and if your subscribed u can give them a discount (rentals 10s, perms. 100s) then everyone would be happy and not have a problem

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Can anyone tell me how much it costs in gold to buy a permanent mount? The new store doesn't load any numbers or texts on my PC, though the graphics are pretty enough.

Apparently I have enough gold (~50k) to rent for a week, but not enough to buy a permanent mount.

BTW, if anyone else is having this problem, Zeke seems to render just fine, but he only has items available for one day (@ 2000 gold).

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
merewen wrote:

I fully agree. Plus if you look at what you would have to spend to buy crowns to get the mounts permanent, 15,000 crowns, you would have to spend $50 to get the crowns to get the mounts (because the next level available down is $25 and you only get 13,750). $50 for a virtual something. NOT!!! And the 90,000 gold is no where near the exchange rate for what you get when you buy gold with crowns!! That is outrageous!!! If the exchange rate is 1 crown = 1.41 gold, that means for every one crown you spend you get 1.41 in gold for that crown. That exchange rate would mean that a mount should then cost in gold, 21,150. (15,000 crowns x 1.41 exchange rate = 21,150 gold) Instead a mount costs 90,000 gold, which in other words means you are paying an exchange rate of 6!!! Six!!!! (90,000 gold divided by 15,000 crowns = 6 rate) Outrageous!!!!! It is called Highway Robbery!! What it means is you have to buy your gold with crowns. So you spend the amount of crowns for a mount to get the equivalent in gold, all you will get is 21,150 gold. So, 21,150 gold would equal 15,000 crowns if you were trying to purchase crowns with gold (if KI ever lets us start to buy crowns with gold). So where does the 90,000 come from? What they are saying is that if you then wanted to convert your gold back into crowns, the 90,000 gold you have will only give you 15,000 crowns. Another way to look at it is, say I wanted to change my gold into crowns before buying the mount so I could use crowns in the sale, using the original exchange rate of 1.41 gold to crown, before buying the mount, for that 90,000 gold I would receive 63,900 crowns. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? This is elementary math!! I have worked with exchange rates before as I was stationed in other countries while in the Air Force. It is simple math!! which KI is hoping people do not figure out costs ahead of time. It comes down to the fact that they are charging 6 times the value if you try to buy in gold versus what you would pay in crowns!!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Where are the gryphon mounts? They would make more sense in a wizard game than say, tigers. There isn't anything gryphon-related in this entire game. :(

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
I think that there should be school mount that you obtain at a certian level, i dont care what level, but here are my school mount ideas:

1) Life: A deer or some type of antlered mount(or a unicorn )

2)Death: A ghostly black horse(like a headless horseman type)

3)Storm: A storm raptor(cousin of Stormzilla)

4)Myth: A blood bat!(or a pegasus(flying horse thing)

5)Balance: A camel or something very egyptian(or a scorpion)

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
I AGREE TOO! i have sent KI a complaint, and im not sure what has been done. all they said was" ur complaint has been regitered" sooooo....

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Also for fire it could be a horse or chariot type thing with fire designs. Or maybe a phoenix. The phoenix would be awesome