Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Mounts

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sounds great! Can wait to get one. Some of the dungeons feel like you have to walk forever to get to the otherside, now it will be faster. Now if the mounts would only scare off monsters too for a stress free walk down the streets, LOL. j/k

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
kingurz wrote:
Sounds great! Can wait to get one. Some of the dungeons feel like you have to walk forever to get to the otherside, now it will be faster. Now if the mounts would only scare off monsters too for a stress free walk down the streets, LOL. j/k

WAIT! That is a great idea Hey! Prof. Greyrose did ya hear that

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i can't wait either i want a pony...

my little pony

hahaha yea right... i want a dragon they look awesome, so the mount will be very cool.

i can't wait =]

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
I love the idea of mounts being in this game! It will make getting around places a lot easier and quicker. Justone question though:

Do all mounts run, or are there some that fly? If there are some that fly, are they high enough to evade enemies?

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I like the idea of mounts - but I'm concerned that the game will just get silly if players are allowed to ride their mounts into buildings. There must be a way to force players to dismount before entering a shop or tower.

And I wonder whether you will remain mounted during duels? That would be silly too.

I just wish that Kingsisle had done more with the existing pets before embarking on this project. Pets are just mostly cosmetic at the moment. Having a pet has no benefit such as extra spells or increased attributes. Having a pet you can ride is an interesting idea, but I wish they had improved the bunch we have at the moment.

Administrator
I'll answer a few of the questions about Mounts here.

1. When you enter battle you will be removed from your mount.
2. Mounts are ground based transportation, and do not fly higher than you currently run.
3. Mounts are not pets, the only bonus they give is their speed increase.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
i just had a thought if you are wearing Boots or the comet/slipstream
(which increase movement speed) will they be added with the mounts? like a 40% speed increase on a mount and 8% increase with the boots will that mean 48% or what?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
i checked the raven wood news and saw the article on mounts i am exited! :D but one thing the pictures of the mounts show the same thing only different colors i was wondering is it like buying cloths and you choose the main color and the trim or do you buy it like that and when do they come out i can't wait

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Gamma wrote:

2. Mounts are ground based transportation, and do not fly higher than you currently run.

Can kingisle staff please post pictures of the other two mounts, i am curious to see what the dragon looks like, and can you tell us how much they will cost to BUY.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Thanks for the info, Gamma.

I am tentatively lookingforward to trying out a dragon mount.

I'm glad that we will be removed from our mounts when we enter battles, but you didn't address the issue of mounts in buildings. Will we have to dismount when we enter a building such as a shop or tower? If not, it's going to get very crowded - and look rather silly.

Your reply prompted another thought. Will our existing pets (I have a cyclops) still run or flap alongside us while we are mounted. I had assummed that we would have to select our mount in the backpack Pets tab and therefore automatically deselect any currently selected pet - if you get my drift. Is there going to be a new backpack tab for mounts?

I must confess - I am excited and worried about this development in equal measure.

By the way, I still think something could be done with pets to make them more useful - I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to implement.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Just found about Cat Mount coming in October. Around a dozen will be released out of 30. I am excited.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Um i am a little worried about how much these are going to cost.If they are selling it for crowns it will cost a lot.Can gamma give an estimate of about how much this will cost.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Gamma wrote:

ok so we will be able to equip both our pet and our mount right? yay!

I wanted to buy a black cat but I wasn't sure if both our mount and our pet would both be displayed when we run around the spiral but since they are then I'll buy my black cat!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Gamma wrote:

I can understand how they may not CURRENTLY give bonuses, but it would be a great way to add more stats or cards. Just an offering of an idea.

I too am wondering about the relative cost, and whether or not Mounts can be "dyed" or will be able to be named.

I suggest offering Mounts as Bonuses for Gift Cards as well ;)

Administrator
Sorry, that was not the intention of the statement. Your pet will not appear while you are riding a Mount.

LizaBlackheart wrote:
Gamma wrote:

ok so we will be able to equip both our pet and our mount right? yay!

I wanted to buy a black cat but I wasn't sure if both our mount and our pet would both be displayed when we run around the spiral but since they are then I'll buy my black cat!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
My only question is WHEN will they be released this month?

I've spent the last 2 days running around Wizard City looking for the new store, as well as checking out Zeke to see if they're available.

Yes, I admit it. I'm very excited about checking them out and getting one.

Oh, there is one other question actually.

Will you be limited to buying just one or will you be able to buy the others so as to switch back and forth between mounts. It's my Dr. Doolittle complex. I happen to enjoy running my own personal zoos.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Awgeewhiz wrote:
Flying brooms... I forsee Quidish Tornaments.

lol that would be awesome

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
why did they remove the crown gear? and why the mounts and stuff cost a lot of gold? is kind of wasting your life getting the gold and buying the mount for keep

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Gamma wrote:

That's cool!! I won't get a broom as they look dumb that close to the ground. It should be higher.

Also, how come in message boards there is no test realm forum like last time you did test? Or do people just can complain in the normal forums.

I just have a complaint that I bought the items under sale but I did not see them in my backpack.

1. Is the level 50 death wizard just a henchman or does it upgrade your wizard to level 50?

2. How come when I tried buying the friendly pink or purple dragon under sale it did not appear in my backpack? Also, I noticed it did not take the crowns. Fix this bug!

I think the rest is cool, but the tower in Collosus Boulevard is not good. Like when you made Jotun do 10,000 health, it won't work out because we do not have more than 10,000 health. Malistaire does, but he would have died as well. I know this place is optional, but please make it challenging but not let the enemies do a one strike of more than what wizards have in health.

Thanks for listening,

Regards,

Maryanne

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I've been playing the test realm, and have tried out all the mounts. I must say, they are completely AWESOME!!! All those long, boring treks from one end of the map to the other, and then back again will be GONE! It also seems that mounts can completely jump over minor obsticles, so jumping is no longer the pointless function that it used to be. They automatically vanish during fights and when entering buildings, too.
Although it may change, the cost was 1500 to 7000 crowns for the various mounts (if I remember correctly). Also they could be "rented" for 7 days, or permanently purchased- which is a great feature. They can be bought with gold too (wonderful options!) but are a lot more costly that way. Untill the actual release, prices might change- so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

That's cool!! I won't get a broom as they look dumb that close to the ground. It should be higher.

Also, how come in message boards there is no test realm forum like last time you did test? Or do people just can complain in the normal forums.

I just have a complaint that I bought the items under sale but I did not see them in my backpack.

1. Is the level 50 death wizard just a henchman or does it upgrade your wizard to level 50?

To answer 1. It does not turn you into a 50 wiz IT IS A HENCHEMEN. What to henchmen do they fight with you ... With these kids in this game that have no clue how a MMO works this is just going to confuse people.