Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i think this game is too hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
you need to lower enemys points by atleast200.
i have a hard time beating bosses and enemys by myself.
i got stuck fighting 4 enemys in morelybone by myself.
all 4 attacked doing 1340 damages to me in one round .
no heal cards next round.
fizzle way out of hand . i die all the time becouse of it.
i think i should be able to diffant enemys be my self.
should not need help all the time

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
i agree. some levels in the game are too hard to do by yourself. i even use minions and still die. big ben is one of the hardest levels i have seen and no one wants to help cause its too hard. definately need to make sone changes in the game. :x

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
crazygrinny wrote:

Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but I disagree about making the game 'easier' and suggest that perhaps you fix your deck to be better suited for battles.

As it is, the game is in most instances TOO easy. Those I know, as well as myself and my hubby, have done most of our quests alone. Only in a few instances, have any of us had to actually ask for help from one another to do certain quests in the game. And those are few and far inbetween. School quests are about the only 'real' challenges in the game, from what we've experienced so far.

Heck...Fighting with a group is more of a bonding and farming time, then actual 'have to fight together' time.

And not not add insult to injury further with my words? But I'm actually a bit disappointed that there has been bosses and dungeons actually made easier because of others saying it was 'too hard'...

The changes were made before I joined, which means I really missed out on some challenging and actual chance to test my character on characters such as the Jade Oni and Malistaire. And having battled them recently at their new 'easier' levels, really makes me wish there was an option to set them to a higher fighting level so there'd be some challenge there. LOL!

I vote 'bring back some challenge to the game'. Cause if it gets any easier, honestly many people are going to get bored really fast.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ldecker wrote:
i agree. some levels in the game are too hard to do by yourself. i even use minions and still die. big ben is one of the hardest levels i have seen and no one wants to help cause its too hard. definately need to make sone changes in the game. :x

Ummmm...no one wants to help? Did you ask in the commons area in Regent Square? During the heavy times you can usually find someonw there in a half hour of asking.

It is nice, new friends. My guess is you are asking current friends...

And most don't do it due to difficulty, it is due to the amount of floors, ie time needing to be invested. If you use the healing/mana provided within Big Ben you should not have trouble with a good deck set up (and remembering to set your deck for each encounter...20 secs of trouble saves you much more time in battle length).

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Alright if your in Marleybone and you still have those wands that give you Firecat, Imp, Frost beetle, Scarab etc. Then it's time to get rid of them and get a wand for your level that DOESN'T have those cards.

If these bosses or monsters are too hard get a friend to help.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
"agree. some levels in the game are too hard to do by yourself. i even use minions and still die. big ben is one of the hardest levels i have seen and no one wants to help cause its too hard. definately need to make sone changes in the game. "

I think that is the point. KingsIsle wants you to group occasionally. Now there could certainly be improvements to "Looking For Group" or similar functions to make that happen, but Wizard 101 is not hyped as a soloer game. As a wizard that spends 90% of my time soloing, I agree there needs to be work on the forced linear storyline (content required to beat to advance to less hard mobs). But making every instance easy will have subscriptions dried up in no time (if your crown user, well....). I don't think any developer can continually produce content to keep in line with easy objectives. But I do agree with bypassing or easing up after a specific timeframe (expansions, year, etc).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but I disagree about making the game 'easier' and suggest that perhaps you fix your deck to be better suited for battles.

As it is, the game is in most instances TOO easy. Those I know, as well as myself and my hubby, have done most of our quests alone. Only in a few instances, have any of us had to actually ask for help from one another to do certain quests in the game. And those are few and far inbetween. School quests are about the only 'real' challenges in the game, from what we've experienced so far.

Heck...Fighting with a group is more of a bonding and farming time, then actual 'have to fight together' time.

And not not add insult to injury further with my words? But I'm actually a bit disappointed that there has been bosses and dungeons actually made easier because of others saying it was 'too hard'...

The changes were made before I joined, which means I really missed out on some challenging and actual chance to test my character on characters such as the Jade Oni and Malistaire. And having battled them recently at their new 'easier' levels, really makes me wish there was an option to set them to a higher fighting level so there'd be some challenge there. LOL!

I vote 'bring back some challenge to the game'. Cause if it gets any easier, honestly many people are going to get bored really fast.

The harder challenge you are referencing was deemed unfair by the majority of the community. Mobs were initiating actions that broke the gameplay laws of Wizard 101 (using higher priced cards with less pips, etc). The mobs were not harder, simply on more hit points or smarter, but were interrupting your casting in addition to fizzles.

While I agree some missed out on this unique and advanced "hard mode" and should have the option to replay. I just don't agree that players advancing in the storyline mode should HAVE to face these type of mobs. They should be secret mobs or side quests. Possibly with rewards justifying the steep learning curve of those mobs.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
i only ONCE in a great while ask someone to help (usually my son lol)

for the most part, if its too hard, you may be trying to do the quest too soon. Or, as stated above, you need to adjust your deck. I myself, almost beat the earth elemental in Dragonspyre by myself... at level 25. (I ran out of cards!!!) but could have done it otherwise. Its all about your deck, wand, and treasure cards.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
kingurz wrote:

The harder challenge you are referencing was deemed unfair by the majority of the community. Mobs were initiating actions that broke the gameplay laws of Wizard 101 (using higher priced cards with less pips, etc). The mobs were not harder, simply on more hit points or smarter, but were interrupting your casting in addition to fizzles.

While I agree some missed out on this unique and advanced "hard mode" and should have the option to replay. I just don't agree that players advancing in the storyline mode should HAVE to face these type of mobs. They should be secret mobs or side quests. Possibly with rewards justifying the steep learning curve of those mobs.

YEA!!! I think yea got it!

Put in another challenge side world ( kinda like the underground city is a challange side quest ) BUT put one if these challenge worlds or instances
in each World of the spiral! but the rewards would be only
gold or special drops ( crown armor gear!!! ) NOW that would
get me to take the Challenge!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
kingurz wrote:

I think harder gameplay is good for more advanced players, but this was not hard mode, it was REALLY HARD mode. I tried soloing Jade Oni once, and when itdecided to interuppt battle again, it summoned War Oni .... WAR ONI! I was all alone, no friends to help me, and I ended up fleeing because I can't handle 2 bosses with over 2,000 Health at once LOL!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
crazygrinny wrote:

I don't think the game is too hard. I solo a lot in the game and the harder ones are the ones I enjoy most, because they are challenging.

If I may suggest, as the others did, check your deck first. Pay attention to what type of boss they are. for instance, if they are a life boss, try not to use life spells on them if you can. They are resistant to them. Use spells that that are sensitive to. Using the life boss example again, you can use death spells on them and score higher damage points. Pay attention to the protective shields they put up. Normally, those types of spells will cause the most damage. If you don't have a way to remove the protective spells, like myth does, use a lower level spell from that school before using a higher spell. So from storm school, you could use the snake to remove the shield and than go in with stormzilla to do the damage.

It is all about stradegy.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Another tip:
Carry more than one wand, all of different schools. My myth wizard carries a life wand, fire wand, death wand and storm wand. Use the wand that does the most damage against your enemies. I don't even carry a myth wand. It wipes out any blades and traps I'm trying to set up.
The extra damage done with the correct wand adds up!

Angus FireHammer - 49 Myth

Survivor
May 23, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
crazygrinny wrote:

I say leave it the way it is right now, and dont change anymore, plus, not to be rude, but you are a higher level than most people, not everyone is level 50 you know.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
The game isn't too easy OR too hard. Of course I had trouble in some instances. Everyone does... but I don't like how I am ALWAYS alone. :( My fire minion barely helps anymore, but that is another story. :)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
crazygrinny wrote:
There are some areas that are meant to be gone after by a team. Sunken City is the first one your run across.

Defender
May 29, 2009

The game should not be nerfed so that it's easier. The game should be challenging. There should be the chance that you can be defeated; there should be the chance that you get pulled into battle unexpectedly; and there should be a chance that a run of bad luck (fizzles, card draws) puts you in peril.

No one likes to be defeated in battle, but without those things, you're just going through the motions and the game quickly becomes boring.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
HarryPotter123987 wrote:
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
I say leave it the way it is right now, and dont change anymore, plus, not to be rude, but you are a higher level than most people, not everyone is level 50 you know.

ROTFLMAOL!

I'm sorry, but your post there really tickled me. And I'll tell you why.

At the time I did that post, I was level 23 or so...But mid 20's none-the-less. Nowhere having a 'high leveled' character, let alone that level being so high as the level of the character being an asset 'powerwise' to the game play. Had already fought the Oni and Malistair too, at lower levels then when I had posted. And a fire student with my secondary being life, which are considered in-game two of the 'weakest' schools to play game-wise. Thankfully, she was of such a low level, that it actually helped give some challenge to the battles, athough the rounds were over pretty quickly none-the-less.

I'm still not a level 50 either. I just hit level 47 with my main character. I'm just thankful that I got to do the really 'big and challenging' bosses at much lower levels when it was actually somewhat challenging to do so for myself. Now, it's just a walk in the park for my girl to finish the DS quests because she's already been there, done that, and there isn't any challenge left to experience for now. Because her higher level status now kind of takes away from those challenges.

Heck, my biggest 'thrill' to look forward to with her now, is getting her dragon spell and hopefully getting the bosses to drop the items for her school. Even completing her badge lists isn't that much of a challenge. Just repeatitious battling beasties that are killed within one or two rounds, unless I drag the battles out to get extra experience points, for the heck of it. LOL! PVP isn't my thing, as I've found many of those playing that to be abusers of the profanity rules and typically bad sports. I don't keep that kind of company in real life, I won't keep it in game life just to see if there's a bit of challenge left in the game for that particular character.

To put it simply? I like games that aren't easy. That challenge me mentally and keep me on my toes, so to speak. If the game is dumbed down anymore then it has been, there's really no challenge to play it and might as well put one's characters on auto-pilot. And since I am a paying member, I want my money to be worth spending on feeling challenged in the game.

I just weep that after I make the final allowable character and it's level is maxed out, that all challenges will be at an end. Not unless KI raises the bar to allow progress beyond level 50, and actually get back to making those level gains challenging.

So don't assume that someone is enjoying a challenge because they're a higher character. Because as in your assumption with what you thought my level was? You'll find in most instances you were totally off base. LOL!

Survivor
Nov 18, 2008
omg i know, i mean i thought the game was for fun not to make you mad i mean come on. i agree the game is hard in some parts

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
I think everyone missed his post. He said he was fighting 4 enemies at once. Either people left on him, or he is in kensington park, which was never meant to be soloed.

Marleyboone solo is only fighting 2 montsers, unless your doing museum towers and occationaly you have to do 3.

The game is not too hard, if you fighting 4 at once alone you are doing something wrong.