Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake has ruined 4v4 PVP!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
If you play 4v4 a lot and you are high level wizards (50), then earthquake has ruined PVP. Any team can use earthquake, followed by 3 strong attacks and the game is over. I used to play PVP a lot, now everytime I get on, I just get mad. I can take getting beat, but not by a spell like earthquake. The power of that spell is ridiculous for 4v4, takes all the power ups and blades away from one team and leaves them wide open for the other.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
The ONLY thing I think is annoying is that it TAKES AWAY MY SHIELDS! I don't care about damage i resist all.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
i know this i have a a few players my self BUT its one of the most useful cards myth gets

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
The reason Earthquake is so strong
is because it's myth's last spell.
Also every school needs help somewhere,

Fire= all around needs help in stat droppers so it got it
Ice= not very much damage gets bigger boosts and more health
Myth= all around needs help in a stronger spell so they get it
Life= not very good attack spells they gets great healing
Death= not SUPER strong so they get life stealers
Blaence= doesn't specialize in attacking so they get judgement
Storm= terrible accuracy gets really strong attacks

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Brayjo7 wrote:
If you play 4v4 a lot and you are high level wizards (50), then earthquake has ruined PVP. Any team can use earthquake, followed by 3 strong attacks and the game is over. I used to play PVP a lot, now everytime I get on, I just get mad. I can take getting beat, but not by a spell like earthquake. The power of that spell is ridiculous for 4v4, takes all the power ups and blades away from one team and leaves them wide open for the other.

if you do not like it then dont play pvp. earthquake does backfire. it takes the other teams traps. then you get yelled at by your team. and people use my myth just for earthquake i never get to use orthrus. and though lvl 33-48 our best pve card is minotaur. so why dont you make a myth and play on it until its a grand
samuel wildspear lvl50 master of monsters (myth)
wolf drakerider lvl48 master of fire
samuel battlesword lvl48 master of balance
samuel titancrafter lvl26 storm

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
In my opinion, the only annoying thing about PvP is when everyone complains about all different types of spells. The only spell that I agree is annoying is WildBolt.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
It should be a MYTH ONLY spell. that would at least be fair. that spell is annoying, REALLY ANNOYING! ugh, ugh, ugh............

P.S People, stop complaining about wild bolt. it always fizzles! and anyway, i dont see what the big deal is, it doesnt do much damage. really the only advantage is the fact that it is only a 2 pip spell. i have almost 3 thousand life, so it only takes a thousand away. not much of a big deal!

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
It should be a MYTH ONLY spell. that would at least be fair. that spell is annoying, REALLY ANNOYING! ugh, ugh, ugh............

P.S People, stop complaining about wild bolt. it always fizzles! and anyway, i dont see what the big deal is, it doesnt do much damage. really the only advantage is the fact that it is only a 2 pip spell. i have almost 3 thousand life, so it only takes a thousand away. not much of a big deal!

it is a big deal because for some dumb reason when noobs get it from a grand friend as a treasure card it never ever fizzles i fought a lvl 15 who beat me cause he used bolt tiwce in a row thats to thousand!

and on top of that when low lvls team up with it they use it multiple times and dont fiz and cause its to pips you really dont have any time to react!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Oh Please!

As a Myth Player I have to speak on this one. EARTHQUAKE (which needs 6 pips) unmodified only does 310 points of damage to all enemies and takes away shields and charms. It only benefits a team IF they are coordinated and prepared to take advantage of it when its used.

Cards such as STORM LORD do 690 points of damage to ALL enemies and stun the survivors. I've been on 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 teams where 2-3 team members were wiped out from this spell after just using 1 charm and one modifier on their enemies. So don't get upset when EARTHQUAKE is used your shields or charms have dropped (which cost you no pips, by the way). In most cases you're still alive. Just be ready as a player for anything!

Christo ShadaowMancer
45 Level Conjurer - Myth

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
MasterColeman wrote:

it is a big deal because for some dumb reason when noobs get it from a grand friend as a treasure card it never ever fizzles i fought a lvl 15 who beat me cause he used bolt tiwce in a row thats to thousand!

and on top of that when low lvls team up with it they use it multiple times and dont fiz and cause its to pips you really dont have any time to react!

Oooh, dude! Beaten by a lvl 15 ! Thats hard...... the lowest i've been beaten by is a lvl 26 captain.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
OnyxSage wrote:
Oh Please!

As a Myth Player I have to speak on this one. EARTHQUAKE (which needs 6 pips) unmodified only does 310 points of damage to all enemies and takes away shields and charms. It only benefits a team IF they are coordinated and prepared to take advantage of it when its used.

Cards such as STORM LORD do 690 points of damage to ALL enemies and stun the survivors. I've been on 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 teams where 2-3 team members were wiped out from this spell after just using 1 charm and one modifier on their enemies. So don't get upset when EARTHQUAKE is used your shields or charms have dropped (which cost you no pips, by the way). In most cases you're still alive. Just be ready as a player for anything!

Christo ShadaowMancer
45 Level Conjurer - Myth

Yes i agree why are you just picking on myth if we didnt want to use a certain card just bacause of its effect then why bother having cards because people dont like all sorts of cards but we stile play because we should be prepared i dont like some cards because of stuns but i just keep playing for fun

luke wraith

grandmaster myth

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Well to say,yall all acting like a bunch of babies and making K I taking our good spells away. I dont care about stun cause that was the big problem, but earthquake, come on. No need to argue over that. Earthquake is fair

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
well if you know that person has earthquake then you need to start hitting first than waiting to be hit.. otherwise once earthquake hits they don't need their pips to heal.. but if you hit first then they will consider healing..

earthquake is just a card that can be annoying but hey.. why don't you get some yourself? and use it? hmm?

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
{P.S People, stop complaining about wild bolt. it always fizzles! and anyway, i dont see what the big deal is, it doesnt do much damage. really the only advantage is the fact that it is only a 2 pip spell. i have almost 3 thousand life, so it only takes a thousand away. not much of a big deal!}

Maybe we have different definitions of a lot of damage; I for one consider one thousand damage for two pips the best attack in the entire game. Why you may ask, because normally if it is used it is a treasure card which has probably been turned into a between twenty accuracy and thirty five accuracy, which is one out of five times it will hit at least. So with that kind of damage (excluding buffs which could easily one-hit a character with over 5 thousand health) probability states that it will hit at some point and even if a shield is used that can be removed, and if Wild Bolt were to fizzle guess what it goes back to your pile and you draw it again. Don't forget this entire time you should have been using shields and saving pips so that if your are attacked you can just heal.
So really, the only way to lose using Wild Bolt is to either fight someone much better then you or have a very improbable string of events take place.

Valdus Titanfist.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Next time, try to bring with you a Life wizard and tell him/her to always do Rebirth. Rebirth's Spirit Armor is the only shield that the quake can't break. Just to clarify, of course, it can break by the damage attack, but not to the quake.

So for example, if you have 5 Spirit Armors given by Rebirth, then 1 Spirit Armor might break due to the damage attack, but the other 4 Spirit Armors will remain intact and unscathed.

This is what I will usually do if I play 4v4 PVP with an opponent that has 2 Myth wizards - the only way I know to counter their annoying Earthquakes (some of my team might also help casting Rebirth - Treasure Card). If my opponent has no Myth Wizard, then I won't do Rebirth much.

Earthquake can't be taken from Myth, for it would be then unfair for them if they only have that "Froggy" to do multi-player attack.

Thanks!

Adam L.
Life Wizard - Level 50

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
sigh if it keeps up like this all that's gonna be left is ice beetle and fire cat sheesh people find anything these days to complain about

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I Agree with Foulsteel

Myth: boohoo earthquake is too strong
Balance: boohoo judgment is too strong
Ice: boohoo tower shield is too versatile
fire: boohoo choke ans steal charm are unfair
life boohoo rebirth not only heals but protects
death: boohoo feint is too helpful
storm: boohoo wildbolt is too strong

*trying to type sarcasm*I think these school should be ban from pvp

That's what happens with a family oriented game, lots of cry babies.

Djark