Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just a point of view

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I've been reading a LOT of posts about how some schools are better than others. (This does NOT include pvp, as I don't go there).
I have 2 grandmaster wizards, Fire and Death, one Balance at level 48, one Myth at level 48, and one Life at level 28.
I have been able to solo every quest pertaining to advancing with each of these wizards, up until Dragonspyre, and even then many of them I have completed solo. I have completed the entire Obsidian chest quest solo (including The Labyrinth!) By the time I hit Dragonspyre, I've picked up along the way many, many good friends with each wizard who have helped me with much of Dragonspyre, many of them are not nearly as strong as myself, but are willing and welcome to help. I won't mention any names, as there are too many to name. If you read this message, please reply, you know who you are.
It is amazing how people complain that the spells are lacking in one school or another. I haven't done all the schools yet, but I will, once my Myth becomes Grandmaster, Ice is next, then Storm.

KingsIsle has taken GREAT thought and care with the different schools, and I enjoy the different strategies involved with the various schools.
They are all unique and require a little thought as to how to best attack opponents, but it CAN be done. I'm sure many other people (and I've met quite a few) who have more than one grandmaster will testify the same.
Before you run into a battle, look at who you are facing, then adjust your deck to best handle your opponents. (Remove your storm shields and put in fire shields for Fire guys, etc.)
You'd be surprised at the results.

Rogan FireHammer - Grandmaster Fire
Blake FireHammer - Grandmaster Death
Angus FireHammer - 48 Myth
Cody EarthHammer - 48 Balance (my son, but I DON'T help!)
Rogan MythMancer - 28 Life (my son, but I DON'T help!)
David StormSmith - 28 Myth (my son, but I help!)