Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constant spell fizzles?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
Can some one explain to me why my spells are constantly fizzling, wether i am using my school based spells or any spells of attack they fizzle over 50% of the time, which is annoying since they vary from 70% to 90% success rate.

I makes this game become tedious and boring, if all that is going to happen is constant spell fizzles , when your fighting in a area you are over 15 levels higher then the bosses yet they kill you because of constant spell fizzles.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
So I'm not the only one that is happening too..lol. I actually did some testing using my life wizard and only 90% spells. Out of the 50 spells I cast 10 fizzled. Unless my math is off, that makes the accuracy of those 90% spells around 80%.

I then ran the same test using the same wizard, but with spells for each school and below is what I found: Listed first is what the card accuracy is supposed to be and listed second is what I came up with.

90% = 80%
85% = 82%
80% = 81%
75% = 69%
70% = 61%

I rounded some of these up or down 1%. You can also see that one of them actually was 1% higher than listed on the card. Maybe doing this 100 times or 1000 times might yield diff results, but this is what I have found. Anyway, I just learn to live with it and play on.