Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

marleybone isn't fun

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 04, 2009
1dogand1cat wrote:
tixwas wrote:
I have 3 grandmasters and now working on my 4th wizard

marleybone is harder this time you cant go down the middle as they draw you in, so you try the side, guess what, yep they get you there as well, I think to my self ok it must be the mount I am on so I put her away and try again............. might as well throw myself into every fight there is as I cant get by them, :x I have never liked this world but I am now thinking I might just give up, who needs more stress, this is a game and surposed to be fun, (I wished)
KI I will soon be saying goodbye, something changed and it has made the game no fun at all :(
No need to quit just because mb is so annoying. Once you get past it, the rest is fine. I just got in mooshu and love it. I know how irritating and annoying it is, even though it really is beatuiful in mb, but it does have some good parts... hmm... meowiarty is good... getting there isnt... hmmm... i really cant think of anything good... But still, just bc mb stinks you shouldnt quit.

Want to hear something funny? I was having problems when they made the change and you couldn't go down the center of the walkways on Marleybone. One of the replies said to try staying to the "edge" of the ramps again. So now I stay close to the edge of the ramps, and I keep falling off the ramps and running into the walls or the corners! LOL!!! Anyway, I still am having fun!

Jasmine

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!!!!! I hate it so much I have been doing my level ten friends quests with her!!!!! If only some level fifth tea friends are on I PvP with them.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
oh i almost dont like marlybone ethir i almost get in battle and and the second dungeon is very hard not hyde park a diffrent park and it has a very very very hard dungeon it is called big ben even malistaire is at the top of big ben

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
i love marlybone :D but it's not fun when your being pulled in every single time i would like some sidewalks, and i keep fizzleing i hate that i always lose

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
I mean is marleybone really that long because i have three wizards there a life and storm ( Blake Griffincaller) a balance and life (Gavin Battlesword) and a fire and life (Dylan Firecaster). Dylan is farthest in newgate prison (hate it, got pulled in three times in one room). I think he is so far is because i have friends who are doing the same quest as me and help me. I just beat the ironworks and i still hate marleybone. I mean the only reason i am so far is because i hate it so much i force myself to do my quest. The only reason i like it (barely) is because of the clothes.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
HAHA you may have seen my posts a while ago (or not) but i have finally beat marleybone!!!!! now i am finaly in moosho

Survivor
May 13, 2009
shadowfax2009 wrote:
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am finding MB to be very frusterating. Fighting 3 enemies by yourself is almost impossible. Fizzles - I swear I have a 50% fizzle rate. Lost one battle with 6 fizzled attack spells. Another battle I was dead before I even had an attack. What fun is that when you lose every other battle? I am tempted to say screw it and create a new character and start from scratch. At least it was fun.

i totally agree with you dude.
ihave been stuck on mb for at least 4-6 weeks!
i HATE( )mb because of the side quests,i have dont even know which one of the quests is the main one anymore

Survivor
May 13, 2009
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
it is "EVIL" but if you only do the main quest you can beat it before your level 30. If you need help i will because i am a fellow hater of MB.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I agree Marleybone isn't fun at all. I'm a lvl 33 storm and i have to keep potions with at all times. :( Now that i'm stuck on counterweight east i'm going very crazy. :x If you can someone plz help me so i can be done with marleybone and move to mooshu. :?

Valkoor ThunderRider level 33 Storm

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
hey guys maby if yall stoped complaining and played the game maby you would be done so be queit and play the game god dang i mean so what just do it and get done with it i mean comon

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
I like mb and all, but my only problem is the back half of newgate prison! Navigating thru there is a nightmare But i will finish the quests sooner or later, while i try to just keep telling my self that when i finish i can move on to mooshu, the ds. Have fun

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I'm level 37 and i didn't even finish hyde park and it got me to newgate prision i didn't finish marleybone and went to moo shu porting i found out moo shu is too tough for me just the bosses i'm life if only i could skip marleybone and just go to moo shu already

Defender
May 18, 2009
MB Stinks! It is fun at first, but after a while it gets boring! Too many side quests! I hate the dungeons too.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
shadowfax2009 wrote:
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am finding MB to be very frusterating. Fighting 3 enemies by yourself is almost impossible. Fizzles - I swear I have a 50% fizzle rate. Lost one battle with 6 fizzled attack spells. Another battle I was dead before I even had an attack. What fun is that when you lose every other battle? I am tempted to say screw it and create a new character and start from scratch. At least it was fun.

I could not agree more.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Awgeewhiz wrote:
Just some advice.

Stay in the middle.

Run behind the monsters as they move.

Stop in the top of the middle of ramps.

Observe patterns.

Mark as progress is made, port to commons to refill, port back.

And,

The best revenge is winning.

btw, did I mention I HATE GEARHEADS!

:)

actually if you stay on the sides you will get in less fights then when you stay in the middle where the monsters walk!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Marleybone really does stink. I hated it when I went through with my Fire Wizard and not without a lot of help. Kensington Park is rediculous, and won't do it again. There is too much back and forth with too many side quests. The Counterweights and Big Ben make you just want to forget about it and quit. Went there too many times trying to get out of Marleybone. I am now there with a Life Wizard and have not been enthused about trying. I think some of the quests should be moderated in order for the players to have a good time and be able to get out without all the run around. It is so frustrating that I am not sure I want to continue with Marlebone. I may just stop there with this wizard and start a new one till I get to Marlebone with it. Too much, Too long, and TOO FRUSTRATING.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
There needs to be an area like the waiting queue for questing as it is for dueling in order to do some quests. Regardless of what world they are in, they can enter the queue to team up with 1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever to do a quest.

Once they enter they are all there and even better if they are automatically placed in a low peopled world.

Even still, have quest and combat minimum qualifications to enter the queue.

That should first be applied to Katzenstein's Lab in Marleybone.

Overall, Marleybone is a burden even on a good day.

Marleybone needs serious programming and developer work too.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
i cant even go tomarlybone but i have a membership so idk lvl threety-two death wizard

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
tixwas wrote:
I have 3 grandmasters and now working on my 4th wizard

marleybone is harder this time you cant go down the middle as they draw you in, so you try the side, guess what, yep they get you there as well, I think to my self ok it must be the mount I am on so I put her away and try again............. might as well throw myself into every fight there is as I cant get by them, :x I have never liked this world but I am now thinking I might just give up, who needs more stress, this is a game and surposed to be fun, (I wished)
KI I will soon be saying goodbye, something changed and it has made the game no fun at all :(
I am not in yet but i ported...bad 4 me....i ent up fighting mikey the brick myself... coulda hired a henchman but did not know how to hire back then....WAS A LEVAL 10 !!!!! not fun!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
i know right , i like had to help my adept balance friend over that and i did all the work and that is like a waste of my MANA.

i am like soooooo freaked out when he asks for help!

padric wildbane lvl 47 storm

mostly found at: WC DS Arena MS

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I went through it 6 times and my suggestion is to use the teleport stones frequently. Most quests are just a quick hop away. It really isn’t that bad. Mooshu is the worst for unwanted combat.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
I LOVE Marleybone :P The quest are SOOOO much fun and there is an abundance of them! I'd love is another street was added to the worled im on kensington park- which is the hardest to me because im death and two bosses are life. :-o Kensington park is also the best street for not getting pulled into battle! i usually fall of the ramps or get stuck beetween the crates and shallow walls on the roof LOL! The only thing people dont like about Marley bone is getting sucked into battle. KI should make an option in the gameplay options to turn off battling and a small notification when you would normally battle. That would be AWESOME!!! :D

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I wouldn't say I HATE Marleybone... I just hate the unwanted street (or should I say rooftop) battles, and pretty much all the battling creatures.

-Megan Frostcaster