Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new shield

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
I'd like to know if your gonna come out with a new shield to help protect from balance attack spells?I know you have the tower shield but in all fairness i find that it's just not enough since the tower shield can be taken out by any other spell cast at you.I like to fight in the arena doing pvp but it's hard to defend against balance because that tower shield doesn't protect you like all the other shields do it's weaker and less percentage it will absorb.Now don't get me wrong the tower shield does come in handy for extra protection against very strong attack but against balance school attacks i find it's just not enough.Why can't there be a balance shield availible to all school's to help protect from balance attack's like judgement?Every other school has certain shields to protect them from other school attack's.I wanna know if your gonna make one like all the rest of the shield's to protect from balance school.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
nemesis38 wrote:
I'd like to know if your gonna come out with a new shield to help protect from balance attack spells?I know you have the tower shield but in all fairness i find that it's just not enough since the tower shield can be taken out by any other spell cast at you.I like to fight in the arena doing pvp but it's hard to defend against balance because that tower shield doesn't protect you like all the other shields do it's weaker and less percentage it will absorb.Now don't get me wrong the tower shield does come in handy for extra protection against very strong attack but against balance school attacks i find it's just not enough.Why can't there be a balance shield availible to all school's to help protect from balance attack's like judgement?Every other school has certain shields to protect them from other school attack's.I wanna know if your gonna make one like all the rest of the shield's to protect from balance school.
Now i am a ice wizard and i know i have tower shield but i think he is right, I mean every time you fight a balance in a pvp we can't shield.I say we need balance shields to make the game fair. 8)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I agree they have to make balance shields no fare we get killed because we can't shield.Besides all the other schools have shields why don't them.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Think about it. They have THREE weaknesses and we dont have ONE shield. We have the advantage if you ask me. If you make a balance shield, balance has to have another move too then. Besides, what school should have it? All of them would be unfair but none of them wouldnt be either. If balance is too tough to beat, become one and you will find out it is not as easy as you think. If you cant beat em, join em!

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
if you read the quest and such balance is a special school period.

if you want to moan and whine then make a balance character.

if you want to help change the game then keep pestering ki for a new class called chaos which is opposite of balance but using the spirit blades and spirit traps to have nonelemental school attacks

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
If they were going to add a balance sheild, they would also have to offer a new balance blade and trap that only worked for balance spells also. Otherwise balance would be at a disadvantage. They might be able to correct this somewhat by restricting the use of balances triple blade buffs to only balance wizards. Otherwise other classes would have the advantage of being able to buff their school only spells twice and balance wouldn't. However if you give balance a new blade and trap for only balance spells, you are right back where you were before you got a balance sheild.

You also have to keep in mind that balance suffers because their blades and traps are used up no matter what spell they cast. For instance, if I am a death wizard and someone debuffs me, I can cast a life spell and still keep all of my death buffs. There is no way currently for balance to do that.

The only other way around this would to give balance wizards some type of remove debuff or sheild capability, which is sort of the province of myth wizards.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
it is very hard to fight them even with the tower shield witch the only way yo have the shield is to have spend gold for the gold spell of spend 6 train points in the ice school but even with the tower shield on i got hit by a judgement and it still did over 3 thousand but i am all for the shield if there is a shield for all the other schools why not balance?

BTW there is tree kinds of shields for the shoolc you have the shields that come in twos then the balance shes that come in thress and then the school shield it self

so there is tree wasy to shields your self from every school BUT balance

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
einstien12 wrote:
Think about it. They have THREE weaknesses and we dont have ONE shield. We have the advantage if you ask me. If you make a balance shield, balance has to have another move too then. Besides, what school should have it? All of them would be unfair but none of them wouldnt be either. If balance is too tough to beat, become one and you will find out it is not as easy as you think. If you cant beat em, join em!

You hit the nail, my grand life was getting fed up with balance in pvp so I decided to make another wiz--a balance one... and so far I like this char more than my life one (:

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
einstien12 wrote:
Easy BALANCE should have it there should be treasure cards at library and that shield teacher lady should teach it