Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken City IMPOSSIBLE!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Ok can someone help me??? Sunken City is IMPOSSIBLE! My friend told me, the ghosts in the first area of the street, grab you, and bring you into battle??

Is it true? And i need help with with it anyway!

Jordan StormRider, lvl 26

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Sunken city is tough if you are a low level wizard. Make sure you go with friends around level 15-25 at least to be a lot easier.

P.S: a healer is suggested if you do it with low level wizards :D

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
linwins22 wrote:
Ok can someone help me??? Sunken City is IMPOSSIBLE! My friend told me, the ghosts in the first area of the street, grab you, and bring you into battle??

Yes, they DO pull you off the streets AT FIRST. It gets easier once you get closer to grubb. For ME, its pretty darn easy because i am such a high lvl, but it may be tougher for you. It was crazy hard( or so it seemed) when i was your lvl range. In dragonspyre(the last world you go to to get to malistaire), the regular guys walking around have normally 1250 to about 1395 health, and the bosses have about 3000 to 6000 life. Yeah, sounds scary and hard, right? At first i felt the same way, but now i am used to it. In sunken city, the main guys have about 500 to 695 health and grubb has about 1900 or 2000. If you need help i could easily help you. It would take 30 minutes or less with me on your team.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 49 Master sorcerer
MASTER OF ALL THINGS BALANCE!
GO BALANCE!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
i went to the sunken city and a grandmaster life was there and help me all the way

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
For some reason for me and my character that I'm getting back into, the place is glitched for me...and I don't know why.

When I'm with people, for some reason, the tower that I'm suppose to go to won't let me get in, the doorway window is blue to, and the windows are blue to. When I start the dungeon, a new quest appears, the original grub guy finding proof quest is still there, but the person I need to talk to doesn't have a question mark on her. Also for some reason, when trying it alone, she does have a question mark on her head, is this quest glitched up for my character, cause I can't continue this quest if this goes on. Also I've had this quest on my log for as long as I have been playing, a year or two.

Ryan Dragonfire
lvl 27 fire wizard (second school life)
Newbie :(

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I need help with sunken city. Plz help!

~ Joshua RavenHammer ~ Level 25 or higher Pyromancer ~ Secondary DEATH ~

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jboy126 wrote:
I need help with sunken city. Plz help!

~ Joshua RavenHammer ~ Level 25 or higher Pyromancer ~ Secondary DEATH ~

Just post a time (that makes sense) and a realm....tell us a gathering point, and I am sure you will get people who also have problems.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
If anyone needs help all you have to do is go into the commons and ask for it. Many Masters and Grandmasters hang out in that area and in the Bazaar who would be happy to help. If you don't get help just change to another server and try asking again.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
linwins22 wrote:

Oh ya it true. I am a lvl 30 and STILL have not done sunken city!
~to embaressed to reveal name

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Sunken city is kinda hard to do if you are a low level but gain a few more levels and gets some friends a it will be easy make sure to have some potions with you and the minions on the street can pull you in to battle easly but try your best to avoid them my friends and i never got pulled into a battle when we did this

Hunter Nightblade
level 50 grandmaster of storm

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I will give you a nice tip. First turn shield, next blade, have your all enemy attack ready, everyone with you use it and chances are you will have won. Sorry for all the death wizards out there who will wait til level 48 for theirs. As for the bug that just bad luck.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
sparkfield91 wrote:
My friends and i never got pulled into a battle when we did this.

Then you are a liar. I know of at least 2 mandatory street fights in Sunken City where you will get pulled off the sidewalk for.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
sparkles360 wrote:
linwins22 wrote:

Oh ya it true. I am a lvl 30 and STILL have not done sunken city!
~to embaressed to reveal name
same here i am lvl 30 no sunken city

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
IMPOSSIBLE? No. Hard, maybe. just find a level 40 friend lol. I have two.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I have done SS three times - once with balance and twice with ice. Having a healer helps. A balance wizard with sandstorm and balance blade can make quick work of the street fights. Also, although it is dark looking down there, it's not just death monsters. The first mandatory fight is against myth. (If this is your first night in "fight grubb", you have to fight), so a storm wizard with tempest can help a lot.

There is a tipping point between too easy and too hard. If you go in with a level 50, yes, you can make quick work but it will actually be kind of dull, since there is no challenge.

Actually, I found the real challenge was not so much the game but the other people. People often had to leave mid-way for various reasons. Go in with a party of 3 or 4 and you should be fine. Have at least one healer with Unicorn. That will save huge amounts of time in battle.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
MasterBry wrote:
Sunken city is tough if you are a low level wizard. Make sure you go with friends around level 15-25 at least to be a lot easier.

P.S: a healer is suggested if you do it with low level wizards :D

Go with what he said. it's alot easier with friends! don't have any friends in this rang? MAKE SOME!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I've said this before and will say it again.

If you need help with Sunken City go into The Commons and ask for help. There is most likely a Master or Grandmaster there that will offer to help you. If no one answers go the area outside the Bazaar and ask again. If that doesn't work go into the Bazaar and ask. Finally if no one says they will help you change to a server that is more busy. You will find someone if you just try.

Explorer
May 04, 2009
It will get easy once you get used to the enemies. It took me about 12 tries till I did it. I had help from a level 32 Balance student.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Yes it is true. I was scared of Sunken City when I was a little iniate. But I thought of that dungeon as one of the instances that you'd want to get friends for. It's only an option. And your friend was right, it does have ghosts that pull you into battle. I can help you!

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Preacher, it is possible to go the entire way without getting pulled to the streets, it requires timing and hugging the wall.

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Me and a friend got as far as the tower with the 3 banshees.Then he dicthed and they beat me...

Cody StormCaster
Lv. 21 Thamuaturge
GO ICE!

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I won in 45 min with my secret weapon, HENCH MEN! By some crowns, then by the right henchman/men for bosses. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PS: Mark in a dungeon, leave, and you have your progress saved(After 30 min, or if you log off, you can't go back)

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
linwins22 wrote:

If you see people with the Sunken City Survivor badge, they completed it so Sunken City ISN'T IMPOSSIBLE! I beat it too but you should bring a friend to help you. Honestly I think 3 opponents at once isn't fair. You should bring someone with that Bartleby spell. It heals all your friends bigtime. Once in Pvp they casted one and I was in for a royal beating.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
SweetLemonade wrote:
Lol use lvl 50 henchmans they take you along wayy. :)- Kathy lvl 34

Heck, you can use the on sale henchman in many cases...just look for the ones that have a good multi-attack, such as metors or the 'frog.