Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help there is something wrong with the village of

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
OK so when i go to the village of sorrow it starts to freeze and start and it wont stop. The other places are fine what do i do

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
I'm having the same issue with the Village of Sorrow... I move fine till I get there and then I start moving in slow motion if at all

Autumn Jadeheart (Master Sorcerer lvl 45)

Delver
May 04, 2009
codwat wrote:
OK so when i go to the village of sorrow it starts to freeze and start and it wont stop. The other places are fine what do i do

I had the same problem. After checking my RAM and making sure I had enough memory for the game, I had to update my video drivers too.

Then I was told that some people are having a problem with the Quest Helper in Village of Sorrow. After I turned the Quest Helper off, the game worked okay. (Need to rely on the map for now.)

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I also have the same problem, it freezes the game every single time and the wizard may move one inch then freezes again.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
that's weird whenever i go there it freezes,too.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
It has this same problem in Hyde Park in Marleybone

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
I have resolved this issue:

It appears that once you take the quest: "Sooooul Chain" AND turn the Quest Helper on for this quest it causes the lag. Turning off Quest Helper or Switching it to another quest resolves the issue.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Survivor
Jan 31, 2010

I'm having a different issue in Village of Sorrow, I cannot go through the doors to get to the walking dead. This is the quest I'm on:
XIHONG BI
Soooooul Chain (2030 XP)
- Collect 10 Dark Souls from Waling Deads

and the side quest which is also to kill walking dead. Since I'm doing the quests in order, I've missed no quests that I'm aware of, I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I konw that this is an old thread, and I'm posting my experiencefor whoever searches for this in the future.

During any Yoshihito Temple (and side areas branching from that one area) quest that contains a "defeat (enemy-name)" condition, you may get some severe lag. For some reason, the Quest Helper has problems locating the enemies, and it runs the CPU up to 99%. I'm guessing that it's getting caught in an infinite loop of some kind.

The way to handle it is, as mentioned, to turn off Quest Helper. You can turn Quest Helper back on periodically to see what direction you need to go in, but you should keep it off whenever you're moving.

Alternately, you can switch the Quest Helper to a quest that doesn't contain "defeat enemy" (for example, "Find Kensington Park").

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
baciandrio wrote:

I'm having a different issue in Village of Sorrow, I cannot go through the doors to get to the walking dead. This is the quest I'm on:
XIHONG BI
Soooooul Chain (2030 XP)
- Collect 10 Dark Souls from Waling Deads

and the side quest which is also to kill walking dead. Since I'm doing the quests in order, I've missed no quests that I'm aware of, I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I imagine by now you figured this out. I did that too and felt a fool when i figured out you dont go through the doors in the dojo. ( and you done have to fight the boss over and over thinking its a glitch) your going the wrong way. If your on the dojo steps facing the teleporter make a left and use ur map instead to track them down. Paint my face pink when i figured it out. lol