Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choke: how is it supposedto work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I got this new spell recently, and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have cast it several times in fights with multiple targets, and it says "target stunned" and the little stars appear around the target's head; but next round, when I expect the target to be stunned, they go ahead and cast.

I ant find any explanation other than the spell card text that explains it either.

*cornfuzzed*

Defender
May 29, 2009

Your expectations are correct. There are a few reasons why the stun will not work though:

1. The opponent has a stun shield on them already. A shield with some stars on it. The stun shield would break though.

2. The opponent is a boss. Bosses are immune to stuns.

3. Possibly a bug in which case you should report it to Mr. Lincoln in the help and support section.

poqui wrote:
I got this new spell recently, and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have cast it several times in fights with multiple targets, and it says "target stunned" and the little stars appear around the target's head; but next round, when I expect the target to be stunned, they go ahead and cast.

I ant find any explanation other than the spell card text that explains it either.

*cornfuzzed*

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
It just doesn't work.

You'll get the lil stun animation spinning around their heads showing you that they where effected by the choke, but they still cast spells on you or themselves.

The card is bugged.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Nathanelxyz wrote:
It just doesn't work.

You'll get the lil stun animation spinning around their heads showing you that they where effected by the choke, but they still cast spells on you or themselves.

The card is bugged.

Unless your opponent is a boss this spell SHOULD let you force the enemy(s) to pass the round you cast it (or next round depending on wether or not you get to go first every round). Hope this helps.:)