Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It is not cheating and is not unfair, please read

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I am constantly reading post of people complaining about other players in pvp. Honestly give it up already! Each school has its strengths that are unique.

Storm- the hated wild bolt, and tempest
Ice- the ice armor, and high health
Fire- the ability to hit once but attack over multiple rounds, and hex hound

Life- constant healing
Death_ sacrafice, beguile, and hits that ignore absorb shields
myth- earthquake and stun

Balance_ judgement and balance blades

every school has something the others dont. If you want the ability to do what someone else does Make a player with that school, Simple as that. Dont call players cheaters just because they use the cards they have, it is only part of the game! Treasures are available to all so use them its only common sense...so please stop crying about what cards he used or that she has more health it is getting old!

Just a hint for players experiencing bad language in pvp arenas,
If you click open your chat box (enter) you will see what everyone said, simply click on the words that are offensive and that players profile will pop up you may report them right then and there or just check their stats and schools :-)

Mac Grandmaster Myth

Survivor
May 25, 2009
:DDo you hear me applauding? I am cheering so load everyone in the Spiral should be able to hear me! Kudos to you Mac for telling it like it is!
Elizabeth Dreamweaver
Grandmaster Sorcerer
Elizabeth Dreamcatcher
Adept Theurgist
Elizabeth Dreamgiver
Novice Myth
Elizabeth Dreamcaster
Novice Pyromancer
jterry wrote:
I am constantly reading post of people complaining about other players in pvp. Honestly give it up already! Each school has its strengths that are unique.

Life- constant healing

every school has something the others dont. If you want the ability to do what someone else does Make a player with that school, Simple as that. Dont call players cheaters just because they use the cards they have, it is only part of the game! Treasures are available to all so use them its only common sense...so please stop crying about what cards he used or that she has more health it is getting old!

If you click open your chat box (enter) you will see what everyone said, simply click on the words that are offensive and that players profile will pop up you may report them right then and there or just check their stats and schools :)

Mac Grandmaster Myth

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
My only complaint is that the use of treasure cards is allowed in the pvp's. I believe all the pvp duels should be done only with the character's skills. It would even things out a bit and teach that hard earned skills can prevail. The treasure cards may be purchased by anyone and there is no skill involved in using them. My opinion is that it's a form of cheating. I never use them and fight honorably with only the skills I have earned, as I believe everyone should. Is there anything in the works for the future that might disallow the use of treasure cards in pvp's?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Treasure cards might be available to all, but not all have access to such high-level treasure cards that they can win a low-level match with a single spell and a trap. They may not need to be removed entirely but they do need restrictions.

Scenario A: 2v2, all four around level 25. Neither team can 1-shot the other without some planning so it takes some effort to win. Depending on the varying in-game experience of the participants it might be longer or shorter.

Scenario B: Same conditions, except the players on one team also have alternate Grandmasters and treasure cards from those characters. All of a sudden the other team might as well be fighting Grandmasters for damage purposes, except they don't know it. One player now has the ability to take out one, perhaps both, opponents in one hit - again, the opponents can't possibly know that.

There's also really no way they can counter it. Don't even start to say shields. All the TC user needs is a wand with the same element as their one-hit wonder, for instance an Ice wand and Frost Giant, and there's no way the opponents can keep themselves shielded even if they know it's coming.

9 times out of 10 the people saying "Unrestricted treasure card use isn't unfair" are the ones using them for easy 1-shot wins when they wouldn't normally have access to them. Don't pretend it isn't a problem when it is. In any other game using a skill normally acquired by people twice your level is, unanimously, cheating. There's probably a reason for that. Wizard101 allows it so it's not "cheating", but it is unbalanced and it is unfair.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
jterry wrote:

Life- constant healing

If you click open your chat box (enter) you will see what everyone said, simply click on the words that are offensive and that players profile will pop up you may report them right then and there or just check their stats and schools :)

Mac Grandmaster Myth
I probably couldn't agree with you more. There is just too much complaining going around, and I was waiting for someone like you to finally post something about it. Thanks Mac, you just made my day

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
jterry wrote:

Life- constant healing

Mac Grandmaster Myth
That's right man! I have turned of my computer in disgust seeing wizards negativly rant about "unfairness" i hope every one reads this! Oh and buy the way, if treasure cards shouldn't be used in PVP then whats the point of them?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Finally, some people with sense! It is fair! If you cant beat them, join them. Become that type.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
jterry wrote:

Life- constant healing

If you click open your chat box (enter) you will see what everyone said, simply click on the words that are offensive and that players profile will pop up you may report them right then and there or just check their stats and schools :-)

Mac Grandmaster Myth

That is the best way to put the matter. Thanks! I allso want to say... If you want one person's spell just make that your second school. Some people have muiltiple school's to have a great combo. I'm Fire For the high power low fizzle chance and Ice for its tower sheild. This guy has great advise I say again Thank you!

Samuel FireHunter 8)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
DiggerPat wrote:
Treasure cards might be available to all, but not all have access to such high-level treasure cards that they can win a low-level match with a single spell and a trap. They may not need to be removed entirely but they do need restrictions.

Scenario A: 2v2, all four around level 25. Neither team can 1-shot the other without some planning so it takes some effort to win. Depending on the varying in-game experience of the participants it might be longer or shorter.

Scenario B: Same conditions, except the players on one team also have alternate Grandmasters and treasure cards from those characters. All of a sudden the other team might as well be fighting Grandmasters for damage purposes, except they don't know it. One player now has the ability to take out one, perhaps both, opponents in one hit - again, the opponents can't possibly know that.

There's also really no way they can counter it. Don't even start to say shields. All the TC user needs is a wand with the same element as their one-hit wonder, for instance an Ice wand and Frost Giant, and there's no way the opponents can keep themselves shielded even if they know it's coming.

9 times out of 10 the people saying "Unrestricted treasure card use isn't unfair" are the ones using them for easy 1-shot wins when they wouldn't normally have access to them. Don't pretend it isn't a problem when it is. In any other game using a skill normally acquired by people twice your level is, unanimously, cheating. There's probably a reason for that. Wizard101 allows it so it's not "cheating", but it is unbalanced and it is unfair.

Thank you, exactly! This has happened to me in group PvP and it's really not fun. It's cheating in PvE as well to use high-level spells given to you by other grandmasters, but that doesn't really affect other people. Even those that say they have other characters that are grandmasters and then use lower level characters in PvP to continually pull out Lvl 48 spells, how is that fair to the opponents who are under Lvl 48?

When I battle against my friends, it is fun, though, because we're using the strengths of our respective schools to see who will win, and we don't have to worry about people pulling out TCs that are higher level or obviously a school-only spell that they didn't learn.

I also have to think that with the Keen Eyes/Tough treasure card factory, it really puts a disincentive on crafting school treasure cards, as there's a much faster and easier way to do it without going through the crafting quests.

And when you take away PvP (because it's just not fun with the amount of enhanced wild bolts, TCs, etc) what is there to do after Lvl 50? You don't get XP and those crafting quests are mind-numbingly boring because the drop rate is for rare reagents are so low.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
jterry wrote:

Life- constant healing

Mac Grandmaster Myth

You are 100% right man! I'm tired of people complaining that I hit them with one shot and that it wasn't fair . That I should go easy on them because
they're on level five or ten . I mean who cares about higher level treasure
cards. I personally like to see all the cool higher level cards that I don't have yet or can't get. So, I agree with you 100%! :D

Wolf Dragonflame
Level 31, Magus Pyromancer
Katz Lab Marlybone, Still can't beat it lol.