Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just what are these monsters?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I realize that stragety plays an important role and that is why I have to bring this up. I currently have a 36 Life wizard and have Storm up to Windstorm and Ice up to Tower Shield. This gives me access to Death/Myth, Life, Fire/Cold, Fire/Storm, and Tower shields.

Before going into battle I look at the school icon by the monsters rank and add/removes shields in my deck accordingly. However, this constantly proves to be of little help as these monsters are casting spells from three or more schools outside their given school.

For example, in Mooshu (where I'm currently at), the Confused Forest Warrior (a Rank 5 Life ent) not only has Life Blade, Life curse (something I don't have yet), Death Shield, Sprite and other Life cards, but have also attacked with cards from Fire, Ice, Storm, and Balance (Weakness) repeatedly ... and not just low-pip cards but higher (3-4 pips) cards.

Even with my free training points from Zeke, I would not have such a collection of high-pip cards from so many schools. It has become EXTREMELY frustrating to say the least.

At least with this particular monster, their physical attack is from their school. However, I have too often come across monsters whose physical attack is outside their school. This is rediculous.

Another item I noticed, in conjunction with my main point, is that a particular school monster is casting spells from their opposing school (i.e. Fire casting Ice, Storm casting Myth, etc). As far as I'm concerned, they should not even have access to their opposing cards.

And how is it that everyone has access to Fire Elf (or their fake Storm and Ice counterparts) as well as the more popular (the further I get in the game) Weakness and that curse that reduces your chance of successfully casting your card by 45%.

I mean really .... you might as well put Ice's Tower Shield in all the schools to learn, since you've made all the other shields more of a hit-or-miss(alot) protection option.

I'm sure this is going to get alot of remarks from my fellow gamers, but I really would like an answer from KI on this one.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
62 view from my fellow gamers and no comments. Probably because they don't have an explaintion for this either. I would really like someone from KI to justify the points I have raised.

I mean really, how is it that an Ice monster physically attack me with Fire? Or, when I have pips saved up for a higher card, I'm suddenly hit with a Weakness, even though none of the monsters are Balance? Better yet, how come most of the monsters' physical attacks are all quasi-Judgement (i.e. using one or all their pips for accumulative attack damage)?

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
ya i totally know what you mean. they use a lot of other schools besides their main ones and it's annoying because you're not even expecting it. also, in mooshu, and dragonspyre it seems like every monster/enemy know weakness! it's really annoying..

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
I realize that stragety plays an important role and that is why I have to bring this up. I currently have a 36 Life wizard and have Storm up to Windstorm and Ice up to Tower Shield. This gives me access to Death/Myth, Life, Fire/Cold, Fire/Storm, and Tower shields.

Before going into battle I look at the school icon by the monsters rank and add/removes shields in my deck accordingly. However, this constantly proves to be of little help as these monsters are casting spells from three or more schools outside their given school.

For example, in Mooshu (where I'm currently at), the Confused Forest Warrior (a Rank 5 Life ent) not only has Life Blade, Life curse (something I don't have yet), Death Shield, Sprite and other Life cards, but have also attacked with cards from Fire, Ice, Storm, and Balance (Weakness) repeatedly ... and not just low-pip cards but higher (3-4 pips) cards.

Even with my free training points from Zeke, I would not have such a collection of high-pip cards from so many schools. It has become EXTREMELY frustrating to say the least.

At least with this particular monster, their physical attack is from their school. However, I have too often come across monsters whose physical attack is outside their school. This is rediculous.

Another item I noticed, in conjunction with my main point, is that a particular school monster is casting spells from their opposing school (i.e. Fire casting Ice, Storm casting Myth, etc). As far as I'm concerned, they should not even have access to their opposing cards.

And how is it that everyone has access to Fire Elf (or their fake Storm and Ice counterparts) as well as the more popular (the further I get in the game) Weakness and that curse that reduces your chance of successfully casting your card by 45%.

I mean really .... you might as well put Ice's Tower Shield in all the schools to learn, since you've made all the other shields more of a hit-or-miss(alot) protection option.

I'm sure this is going to get alot of remarks from my fellow gamers, but I really would like an answer from KI on this one.

lucky for u for having tons o shields
many monsters use fire elf in ds* too (surprising isnt it) but bosses and monsters dont always use the attack of their school and every monster in ds can use weakness so maybe they are preparing u for ds and why dont u know attacks that take more than 4 pips? i did when i was there

* for those who dont know ds means dragonspyre