Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Couple things I noticed.......

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2009
I noticed that there are many references in the game to other things such as the unicorn way quest "Saving Private O Ryan " And the movie "Saving Private Ryan" Also theres one quest in Chelsea court called " For whom the bells toll " And that may be a reference to the book "For whom the bells toll " By Ernest Hemingway. There's also a quest in Krokotopia called "Enter Sandman" which is probably a reference to the song by "Metallica" Enter Sandman. Thats all i've noticed for now. Please post if you find any other references to other things. ( And please dont post about how mb is similar to London )

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Krokotopia: Egypt
Mooshu: Mixed Asian

Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix = Order of the Fang

All I can think of. :)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i noticed in unicorn way there are two quests related to wizard of oz.

especially toto i don't think we're in kansas.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Proman1355 wrote:
I noticed that there are many references in the game to other things such as the unicorn way quest "Saving Private O Ryan " And the movie "Saving Private Ryan" Also theres one quest in Chelsea court called " For whom the bells toll " And that may be a reference to the book "For whom the bells toll " By Ernest Hemingway. There's also a quest in Krokotopia called "Enter Sandman" which is probably a reference to the song by "Metallica" Enter Sandman. Thats all i've noticed for now. Please post if you find any other references to other things. ( And please dont post about how mb is similar to London )

Don't forget the quest on Unicorn way to find Dorothy Gale, and then her subsequent quest to find her two friends Tin-Man and Scarecrow. Very obvious reference to The Wizard of Oz. Another reference to the Wizard of Oz later in the game is the witch on Firecat Alley.

For Whom The Bell Tolls is not only a novel by Hemingway, but also a movie starring Gary Cooper, and as far as songs, The Bee Gees, Metallica, and Rush have all done songs titled "For Whom The Bell Tolls."

*edit* Sorry. For Whom the Bells Tolls is referenced by Rush, not a title of one of their songs.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Krok: Egypt

Mooshu: japan (not china, china is polluted)

The people in DS have german accents

Tin man,Toto

Wizard citys time zone seems to be the renisance (idk how to spell it)

Hyde park is real i think

KROKopatra is CLEOpatra

the statue in the pond is like the statue (idk its name) of the men who stood up the flag

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Also to mention, all of the items/people/creatures we find in the words are related to bands, The Smiths, The Beatles, Stray Cats, Blue Oyster Cult, The Stone Roses, and The Yardbirds. All are bands.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
Also Marley Bone is named after a real area in London. and most of the spells in the game are based off of Greek Mythology. :)

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
if anyone has posted this I'm sorry but i would like to point out there is Hyde Park with my reference to Mr>Hyde :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
ThePieMaster wrote:
Ambrose looks exactly like Dumbledore...

Fire= Gyriffendor
Myth= Slytherin
Balalence= Ravenclaw
Life= Huffelpuff

And Voldemort is like Malistare ( but Voldemort looks a creepier )

Survivor
May 18, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:

Tin man,Toto

KROKopatra is CLEOpatra

the statue in the pond is like the statue (idk its name) of the men who stood up the flag
The people in ds have russian accents i think

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
You can make your character look like others from other games, I made my character look like Altair from Assassin's Creed. :D

Explorer
May 28, 2009
well the quest to defeat malistaire is called: the final countdown. and theres a song called final countdown!

Explorer
May 28, 2009
i have seen wizards names after famous people like i saw a girl her name was: TAYLOR SWIFT! O:

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
For us old people like me, in Krok there's a couple of references to the author H.P. Lovecraft. Alhazred, the Balance trainer there is named after the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, author of Lovecraft's Necronomicon, which is in turn referenced by the mention of the Krokonomicon.

For my fellow Lovecraft fans, Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:

Tin man,Toto

KROKopatra is CLEOpatra

I think you mean the flag of our fathers from WWII.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Mr.Lincoln is a stork, there was an Egyptian god named Thoth who was the scribe of the gods ad he an ibis head, ibis' and storks look quite similar, either it's a coincidence or Mr.L is based of Thoth. Also the first ms crafting quest is called "Legend of the Five Rings" (or at least it was until they made it two rings), there was a book written by a samurai named Musashi (I think that's how it's spelled) the book was called "Book of the Five Rings."

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Also the ravenwood motto: "en magus nos fides," means something along the lines of "in magic we trust."

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Explorer
May 04, 2009
Wasn't the "flag of our fathers" place on the Reichstag in Germany by the Soviets? Or am I going paranoid?

Explorer
May 04, 2009