Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grown UP chat channel with profanity filter ! ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
it doesnt have to local or broadcast just another chat option so the real grown up who want to actaully talk normal can do so without complictions and just put in a profanity filter for those who don't like to see smut talk etc

I just subsribed and love the game and found some adults who play as well but, this baby chat for toddlers is great for them... but we who can actually talk.. need our own channel that we can actually discuss dmg output in numbers ie 3x the amount or 400 .. Just add a profanity filter you know( *(&^^) .... in place of a word

very frustrating.. but hey I come from heavy games such as EVE and CoV/CoH so you must be doing something right to get my money keep it up but let me TALK to other players in real speak PLEASE!!

Tree times and cant say i'm lvl 30 or discuss more serious tactics and aspects of the game make it somewhat tiresome...

Great and very entertaining Game!

Administrator
Open Chat
One of the enhancements to Wizard101 in July was the addition of Open Chat*. Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment between 18+ players who have a valid credit card on file with us.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to launch this for our active Subscriber community only. Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management at Wizard101.com.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

The following updates to chat will apply:

Menu Chat (default setting for under13)
-> players continue to see only Menu Chat.

13 to 18+ Text Chat (default setting for 13+)
-> players continue to see only our Dictionary Text Chat from both 13-18 and 18+.

New 18+ Open Chat
-> filtered for profanity but will allow numbers and names.
-> will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means 18+ can see it, red is filtered

*Accounts must be 18+ and must be an active subscriber with a valid credit card on file.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Thanks a ton for the reply to my question.

So I am to assume since I used a gift card to pay for my subscripton that there is no way for you to know my age or anyone's by that matter.

So from henceforth I need to use my CC to keep the game alive?

Curious though I used a gift card for the purpose of getting a pet with a spell card built in. How does this affect just using a plain CC and is there a benefit other than being able to talk normally.

Also if I have my CC on file do the other players I chat with see my actual typing; ie numbers or regualar communications or will they only see it broken ... like ....

I guess what i'm asking is : Do they also need to have a CC on file so they can actually see what i'm saying with out kid speak.. and visa versa LOL

Again Tyvm for your quick response and info

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I am a very active person, who is on Wizards101 daily. I have a valid credit card on file but the problem is i have had this from when I was littler. I am much older now but the new chat where more older users can see diffrent words and phrases in three diffrent colors. I cant find this option in my account settings. I would love to have an option to chat more as a tennager then having to deal with things where I cant even type any numbers. It is very frustrating. I was thinking about making another account to recieve this chat but my person on this account is already in a high lvl, I do not wanna start over again. PLease help me figure this out

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
With the new open chat i am 18 right now but it still doesnt show open chat what is going on!! please help!